Thread: The Mathematics of Socionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it. Is there anyway at all you could flesh out the math speak so that those of us without a math degree can understand your train of thought?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    I don't get it. Is there anyway at all you could flesh out the math speak so that those of us without a math degree can understand your train of thought?
    That looks like this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    That looks like this.
    ha

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Awesome I'm gonna love this, but (as it was/is with the periodic system of the socion) it'll take me a while to absorb! It's gonna be awesome when I do though... looking forward to seeing this all unfold

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear god.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    I dunno who wrote this, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socionics#Mathematics

Though technically the way they have it set up in base2 doesn't actually work correctly. I was able to tweak it awhile ago to make an intertype calculator that did work correctly, but I'll be fucked if I can remember exactly what I did.
    Hm looks kind of bullshitty to me, but yeah there is some math here. They are on to something wrt those three Reinin dichotomies. They are more 'real' than the other ones, IMO. That is, there are the same relationships among all the Democratic types. There are 7 'real' dichotomies. Of the Reinin dichotomies, they left out Result Process and Negativist Positivist. Ironically, two of the Jungian dichotomies are not 'real' either, because the supervisor of an intuitive type is not always intuitive, for example.

I just posted some more stuff. If anyone actually wants to understand this, let me know what is unclear or too abstract. There is a fair amount of background stuff to explain.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Hm looks kind of bullshitty to me, but yeah there is some math here. They are on to something wrt those three Reinin dichotomies. They are more 'real' than the other ones, IMO. That is, there are the same relationships among all the Democratic types. There are 7 'real' dichotomies. They left out Result Process and Negativist Positivist. Ironically, two of the Jungian dichotomies are not 'real' either, because the supervisor of an intuitive type is not always intuitive, for example.

I just posted some more stuff. If anyone actually wants to understand this, let me know what is unclear or too abstract. There is a fair amount of background stuff to explain.
    "real"?

Can you elaborate your position? I wouldn't mind a pm or wall post.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor