Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Retrying this

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default Retrying this...

...after my last thread utterly failed. Hopefully, the reasons why it failed are merely situational.

I am dropping all preconceived notions. I will open myself to anything, but some sort of reasoning as to why is preferable.

This is not an argument thread. I am not trying to prove I am a certain type, as I have no idea what my type is. However, there is a high probability of argument in this thread.

NOTE: Poll is public. If you don't want people to see what you voted... well, I can't really do anything about that.

Maybe I'll put pictures or a video up later. Maybe.

Very well, do what you will.
    Last edited by nil; 06-21-2011 at 12:32 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you tell us about yourself?

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxi View Post
    Can you tell us about yourself?
    It is difficult for me to respond to questions which are so general. I need a context. I'll say a little though.

I think I am pretty much defined by apathy/laziness. In mostly all things, I try to find the way in which I can expend the least amount of effort in order to get the greatest returns. To that end, I usually put little effort in my schoolwork and sometimes it turns out fine, and sometimes it doesn't. I only really put much effort into subjects I enjoy/am interested in (this changes rather often), but I would much rather work at my own pace than the pace at which I am expected to work. Because of this, I often turn work in late (more so in the case of my online classes, where I have no external motivation to do anything, rather than my classroom classes) or just don't do work and get zeros.

I enjoy video games (RPG's and RTS's, mostly), and I suppose I play them a fair amount. I also enjoy researching and thinking about topics of interest. I spend a good deal of my time doing that as well. But I actually spend most of my time doing nothing I would consider important or worthwhile in anyway, doing random stuff on the internet or just browsing forums (such as this one). Which, I suppose some of that could also be related to researching topics of interests. Some people have really good things to say. But all of the (perceived) hostility, unrelated jokes/spam, and useless arguing on this forum puts me off. It would be nice if there was more actual discussions on this board.

EDIT: I don't know if this tells you anything like you wanted to know. If you want to know more, more specific questions are preferred.
    Last edited by nil; 04-03-2011 at 11:31 PM.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your description above sounds IP temperament-ish, but nothing else is coming to me.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody wants to touch your type, yeah.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Your description above sounds IP temperament-ish, but nothing else is coming to me.
    If IP:

For me, I think the likelihood is IP≥IJ>EP>EJ.

Anybody else want to ask questions or offer opinions? I need input.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    List them.
    Mathematics
    Natural Science
    Computer Science
    Philosophy

At the most general. These are major ones I have always liked, but there are a multitude of other subjects I situationally like, in addition to branches of the subjects above.
    Last edited by nil; 04-04-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'll throw in some questions you can answer to help with determining your type:

Think of people you have disliked or admired, what made you like or dislike them? How do you call judgements about other people? What personality characteristics do you value in them?
    What personality characteristics do you value in yourself?
    How would your friends and parents describe you? What would they never say about your personality?
    What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
    What do you think the world is lacking in the most?
    What tends to stress you out the most?
    How do you act when you're stressed out?
    When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Which do you like more: starting up new projects or seeing them to completion?
    What motivates you?
    Do you spend a lot of time on planning and preparing for the future or do you mostly deal with things in the present moment as they come?
    Describe an event you remember that you thought was a lot of fun. What made it be so fun for you?
    Describe a situation that made you feel at your finest and a situation that made you feel inferior. What about these situations made you feel so?
    When thinking do you tend to see mostly positive possibilities (i.e. how things could possibly be) or negative possibilities (i.e. how things cannot work out)?

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by nil View Post
    This not an argument thread.
    That doesn't sound very fun!

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you prefer ILI or LII?

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI
    Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Your rather, um, amazing characterization of Te suggests that an xEI would make announcements about and be guided by the type, intention, and intensity of emotions experienced/communicated in the course of performing the same menial chore.
    Well a menial chore is supposed to be Te. The Fe equivalent would be a social situation. But yeah the description is shady.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you said you've identified Ni/Se for yourself and you strike me as someone thoughtful and i doubt you jumped to a conclusion with that, so i voted ILI. i think it works.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

The highly anticipated video is officially up (as soon as it is done uploading, that is).

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

You have made some more posts on this forum now, nil, and it is looking more and more like Fe+Ti at work.

You are perceptive of forum's general emotional atmosphere, apparently negativity and conflicts between people draw your attention even if you're not involved yourself. This form of perceptiveness is assigned to "merry" types which are alpha and beta quadra:
    lol at the useless arguments that pop up almost spontaneously on this forum.

I also have to laugh at all the people that hate each other. It is honestly funny to me, because I have always felt that no one has ever really hated me.

It is also interesting to see the rote insults and personal slanders peppered in the posts. I can see the flow of power.

Thanks for the laughs. Now shut the fuck up.
    You are also adopting aristocratic approach putting individuals who conflict with each other into one all encompassing "people" group, it is "people that hate each other" rather than individuals A and B.

You're prone to asking the "why" questions which is once again associated with "merry" Ti/Fe types. Several times you have asked people for reasons for their behavior. You also apparently feel that you have to reason out things for yourself and focus is on your own understanding. Here are a few examples:
    Why are you so mad, Crazed?
    Why are you so mad?

EDIT: Also, why couldn't you handle soy sauce?
    I don't understand why Gulenko only bases it on three Reinin dichotomies
    I don't know much about this (I'm currently trying to find good sources of it, along with reasoning it out myself)
    And so on, very often you precede what you write with the phrase "I think" once again indicating that you consider your reasoning to be a personal matter. All of the above indicates use of introverted logic, so if you're sure that you're not an LII that would place you with beta quadra as IEI.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post

You're prone to asking the "why" questions which is once again associated with "merry" Ti/Fe types. Several times you have asked people for reasons for their behavior. You also apparently feel that you have to reason out things for yourself and focus is on your own understanding. Here are a few examples:
    "Why" and "Who" are characteristic of Serious types.

Merry: Where, When
    Serious: Who, Why
    Judicious: How
    Decisive: What
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    "Why" and "Who" are characteristic of Serious types.

Merry: Where, When
    Serious: Who, Why
    Judicious: How
    Decisive: What
    May be in your own individual interpretation but this is not what Wikisocion states on this matter and I agree with these observations:

Merry types, Ti/Fe:
    - Good at noticing emotional background and perceive the emotional aspect (particularly 'fun') separate from the activity.
    - 'Getting to know someone' happens naturally, and they are well aware of the purpose(s) for which they are meeting. The proper emotional distance is easily established, adapted/regulated, and manipulated, and they easily decrease distance through their emotional 'brilliance'. A person's name (and other formalities) are peripheral to their relation with and interest in them, and thus they don't care much about formal introductions..
    - Not inclined to deduce 'objective truths' from their own and others' experiences – everything is relative. This relativity is perceived as an extenuation of the differing beliefs, opinions, intentions, etc. of each person. Accordingly, another person's actions are judged as correct or incorrect according to a set of subjective criteria. They attempt to compare others' views to their own, and to explain their own views in order to make sure that all parties understand the concepts being spoken of.
    - They are inclined to propose (or impose) another conception of the situation ('look at it this way'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they will ask WHY it was done that way. When talking about optimums, they are inclined to do it subjectively ('optimum compared to what?').
    vs Serious types, Te/Fi
    - They are inclined to offer (or impose) what they see as the 'best' or 'correct' way of doing something ('it should be done like this'). If they think something is done incorrectly, they ask WHO did it that way. When speaking of optimums, they are inclined to do so objectively (the 'absolute' optimum).
    source: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ry_and_serious

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    You have made some more posts on this forum now, nil, and it is looking more and more like Fe+Ti at work.

You are perceptive of forum's general emotional atmosphere, apparently negativity and conflicts between people draw your attention even if you're not involved yourself. This form of perceptiveness is assigned to "merry" types which are alpha and beta quadra:

You are also adopting aristocratic approach putting individuals who conflict with each other into one all encompassing "people" group, it is "people that hate each other" rather than individuals A and B.

And so on, very often you precede what you write with the phrase "I think" once again indicating that you consider your reasoning to be a personal matter. All of the above indicates use of introverted logic, so if you're sure that you're not an LII that would place you with beta quadra as IEI.
    I see.

For the record, I'm not sure that the descriptions of the Reinin dichotomies on Wikisocion are really accurate or reliable. I think it is interesting that alternate names for Merry-Serious are Subjectivist-Objectivist. But it doesn't seem right.

For the record, here is how Reinin defined Merry-Serious (pulled from his book here):
    The Subjectivists – the objectivists. Distinction was made according to the attitude to the reality. The subjectivists lean more on understanding, explanations, descriptions, and concepts. When a new task presents itself they try to extend their knowledge and determine their position. They may be labeled as the cheerful bunch.
    The objectivists are more focused on the objective world, facts, authorities, and reliable data. The alternative name for them is serious.
    Personally, I couldn't tell you which of those I would fall under. I agree with the subjective part more vs. objective (at least in the way wikisocion framed it, though I think it was perhaps exaggerated a bit), but also with the Serious part more than the Merry part (which is moreso due to the specific implications the words and the dichotomy itself carries, that Merry types tend to maximize emotions in a situation and Serious types tend to minimize emotions in a situation).

I can't deny asking "Why?" perhaps a bit more than most, but I'm not sure that is indicative of Ti and Ti alone.

We shall wait longer to see what happens. Also, I will make a new (better) video soon.

For the moment, my type doesn't matter to me so much because I am trying to really develop an in-depth understanding of the principles of the theory.

EDIT: I don't very much like the Merry/Serious dichotomy anyway. There are things in this world which are objective and things in this world which are subjective. The fact that there is a dichotomy to separate them implies that people can only perceive one or the other. What about objective relativism, as well?