not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mistaking benefactors and beneficiaries when typing

I swear, sometimes my ILI seems more like my Mirror than anything else. Maybe it's because he was raised by an EII mom. Or maybe it's because of his Fi-HA. Or maybe we sometimes feel like Mirrors because of the Role vs. Suggestive functions (which I've talked about before in another thread a while back).

I have a brother whom I think might be EII, but he also seems to resemble my husband in several ways, so I'm also now considering ILI.

Maybe this observation can be extended to other Benefit relations? Anyone else notice people resembling/acting like their Benefactors or Beneficiaries?

For a couple weeks, with MBTI, I thought I could be an ESFj...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accentuation. The ILI becomes so knowledgeable / trained / accustomed that nothing is enough anymore for hir ego. accentuation starts with a search for meaning, a new influence.

It shows as an - attitude / temperament which isn't so far from INFj.

I think Smilingeyes mentioned the effects of ILI being de-Ego-ed. If I find it, I'll post it.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Minde could come across as ILI.

Especially in her "Ni" types of criticisms.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I'm sure Minde could come across as ILI.

Especially in her "Ni" types of criticisms.
    Good point. Both types have 4-dimensional Ni...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My mom is very different from me. Her Te is so apparent that she almost looks more like my dual cousin than me. She reads a lot more newspaper stuff than I do, collecting facts, etc, she also is more realistic than I am where I make a lot more conclusions that are not as likely. For example, I will say that I think my abdominal pain may be caused by gluten, but my mom said "honey, it's unlikely that that's the cause of pain; it's more likely that it was due to the pylori infection"; IDK, she's a lot more realistic with regards to thoughts and what value they have than I do. Before assuming things, which she rarely does, she collects all information about it and asks relevant questions; she's not as likely to be led by possibilities as I am, this is why she's so much more like my dual, except unlike my dual, she doesn't fret about the things/opportunities that she never took advantage of in the past and she's a lot more introspective and quite, less active than my dual cousin. She's like me in that she loves people, but she won't let people step all over her like I can. She's not as emotionally fragile and sensitive as I am, she finds a logical way to overcome her problems with others while I just get hurt emotionally and cry. I'm a lot more focused on what I do that makes others feel a certain way, she's not so much.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think people typing as benefit types isn't uncommon. like on the forum there's a few people who have gone between EII and SEI -- i'm not sure about EII and ILI though, except Hayley. i can see it having to do with confidence in the HA or the base and demonstrative both being strong, like has already been mentioned. i think its kind of interesting how this happens.

i'm not surprised when people suggest SEI for me, but irl i think i would be more likely to be mistaken for ILI, believe it or not. maybe thats just me looking up to my benefactor though. d:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Good point. Both types have 4-dimensional Ni...
    4 dimensional Ni?

Also, I can think of a bunch of other EIIs who couldn't ever pose as an ILI. It seems more likely that Fi EIIs, particularly E1 or E9 types, would be that way, esp the 9-ness bringing out a certain reservedness.

And the more "rational" they seem, the more the judgements can seem like "Te" remarks.

But the similarities are only superficial. In Minde's cause, her "austerity" stems entirely from her take on correctness and accuracy which is actually very much based in ethics itself. When you understand what it is for someone's psyche to be "founded" on their dominant function, you can see how it will stem through, even when using other functions (because it isn't about "what is your dominant function?", it's about how all the elements work together in whatever functional alignment they are in). And again, Minde's use of Ni and Ni related criticisms are very closely related to Fi, and resemble much more Fi + N rather than Te + N.

But the superficial view of "critical, reserved, stickler for facts/details" can be misleading.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also see my latest post in the thomas jefferson thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that I score very high on both ILI and EII on personality tests... I'm inclined to say that it's very possible in both directions.

Also, though it's not reliable, my experience with MBTI told me that INFJs and INTPs were often mistaken for each other as well.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mirrorsoul View Post

Also, though it's not reliable, my experience with MBTI told me that INFJs and INTPs were often mistaken for each other as well.
    Yes. It's funny though, the idea is that INFJs and INTPs are similar by , but, parallel to MBTI, in Socionics, INFJ is the one using and INTPs are using (consciously). It's obvious INTJs and INFJs are more similar.

I've been seen as INFJ by numerous people on INTP forums. But I've just gotten past that tough exterior, no use for it.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    4 dimensional Ni?
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...y_of_functions
    My life's work (haha):

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTps have always seemed like their own discrete, separate creatures for me. I've never really confused them with any other type, at least the ones I've met in person. Something about them strikes me as particularly, uhm, different, in terms of relating them to other people I've known.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    INTps have always seemed like their own discrete, separate creatures for me. I've never really confused them with any other type, at least the ones I've met in person. Something about them strikes me as particularly, uhm, different, in terms of relating them to other people I've known.
    Well, my husband is still distinctly ILI. And I also still believe my brother is EII. It's just interesting that they seem to have so much in common (but they also have their obvious differences).

Actually, my LIE dad also has a good deal in common with both my brother and my husband (being my brother's semi-dual and my husband's mirror).

In a much less detailed personality typology system, all three of them (hubs, brother, dad) might even come out the same type.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dimensionality is sort of cool but I'm not so sure about it yet.

I definitely feel like I have a better sense of time and development int erms of "Te" things than delta NFs. I thought about before in that "I have better intuition in terms of Te" than they do.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know a single ILI I've even considered as being potentially EII, or vice versa. Does not compute. You people are strange.