Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this an accurate description of SLI-ISTp?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well, I think that the "PCness" is skewing the perception (yeah, I'm guilty of doing this too...), which I think basically leads to misunderstandings and mistypings. But if you ask any T types, most of them will tell you that they don't really understand others' emotions, or even give a shit about them, lol (although some F types could be like that, too).

If you relate to that description, whether you are a female or not, then I don't see how you could possibly be a T type, not least bit an SLI, a Fe-PoLR type...
    I don't typically know how people feel about me/things but I know what it feels like to have feelings...haha...I just don't typically think about feelings often or the feelings of others. It's not because I don't care, it's because it just doesn't even enter my thoughts... it's not a big priority to me and yet I still identify with that description. Again, maybe not so much the emotional expressiveness part of it, but everything else is pretty accurate for me. How I genuinely feel on the inside. Argh, why am I the only SLI defending this? Help!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post

I always thought it was funny about the kid thing. I don't know what it is, but kids always get really attached to me. I think it's cool, kids are interesting. I think maybe it's because I don't treat them like they're kids, I treat them like equals which is really probably hilarious to whoever listens to the convo...talking to them like they're little adults.
    lol, my brother does this.

... FTR, I can see Grace Kelly as SLI, esp from the interview posted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think that the "PCness" is skewing the perception (yeah, I'm guilty of doing this too...), which I think basically leads to misunderstandings and mistypings. But if you ask any T types, most of them will tell you that they don't really understand others' emotions, or even give a shit about them, lol (although some F types could be like that, too).

If you relate to that description, whether you are a female or not, then I don't see how you could possibly be a T type, not least bit an SLI, a Fe-PoLR type...
    yeah as default I agree most T types don't spend much time thinking about other ppls emotions. What they do pick up easily is physical well being and how it affwcts thw mood of ppl. And this is the way they are considerate.
    Ha this wasn't my point at all...

What I wanted to say in regards to your post is that SLI have Fi as hidden agenda, they "want to loooove". And i know no other ppl (except IEEs) that enjoy talking about the ppl they know, ther motivation, their character and yeah their feelings and emotions, as the SLIs. And they really enjoy when we have *close talks* a lot. I know they feel really good about it afterwards . And no other type will be disappointed like the SLI of ppls lack of consideration. I have seen it time and time again, a SLI overanalysing and reassessing some random rudeness from some random person. It shouldn't, but it bugs them... A LOT.
    basically they expect good will and good relations from everyone, unttil they get disappointed enough times and stop expecting it

you have to understand that SLIs are very different with ppl they aren't too close to and the few ppl they truly trust. This side of the ISTp (the Grace Kelly side) is something i treassure a LOT. And that I protect equally. Sometimes it's like they don't even seem to be able to protect it themselves, because they don't understand it fully and don't see it themselves.

Another thing is that they are Fi seeking. It's only natural that they would relate to the grace kelly stuff. They may not be able to verbalize it by themselves but when they hear other say it they relate. It's like there is a hole in them, and even if all this Fi stuff isn't readily there, it is when they see it in their dual. Plus as their dual it is easy to see in them, cuz they are receptive to it at the very least.
    It's just like me and Si (not strictly in socionics model A but that is how I explain it)
    Plus it's the same thing when my brother says he's just like me. Everyone laughs at it cuz on the surface we are nothing alike. But I know that that kind of relationship Grace Kelly talks about I can only have with a very few ppl. And that is SLIs. And that's where the SLI and the IEE are the same

sorry i went on ranting, but I hope my point came across

Singularity, are you by any chance SLI? It just occured to me with that name. Cuz I could easily have made a fool out of my self telling a SLI what a SLI is like
    Its just, that I am very close to 3 SLIs and pretty close to 2 more, so I would think it would be OK for me to say all this
    that aside I do feel very strongly about this, and I feel I have to speak up about the emotional side of the SLIs

I don't typically know how people feel about me/things but I know what it feels like to have feelings...haha...I just don't typically think about feelings often or the feelings of others. It's not because I don't care, it's because it just doesn't even enter my thoughts... it's not a big priority to me and yet I still identify with that description. Again, maybe not so much the emotional expressiveness part of it, but everything else is pretty accurate for me. How I genuinely feel on the inside. Argh, why am I the only SLI defending this? Help!
    I would love to help but I haven't earned the SLI badge
    Where is that LokiVanguard guy and Ollobollo. I bet they feel the same. Of all the SLIs I have met here you three is where this has always been most appearant to me (sorry guys for blurting this out in a public forum like this when I hardly know you, but it is not a bad thing so I guess it's OK). Cyrano always struck me as a very well balanced SLI but he has a IEE wife, right? Oh and maybe also Ryu (not the balanced thing(in this this context)) even though he is LSE. He also seems soft underneath it all ha ha
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jessica, you can rest assured that SLIs don't always come across as emotionally vacant rocks! (or what is that description that says eyes peering out of a clam shell? or something like that lol). There are moments of that, yah, (just as IEEs have moments of coldness, or logic!!) but SLIs also have moments of a lot of emotion. SLIs can express themselves.

I remember my SLI friend saying how her boyfriend had said to her that she was "just perfect, just sitting here on the couch" and she seemed so giddy. She could be more expressive than me at times!

Yes SLIs come across as emotionally composed and not "expressive" in an Fe way, but that doesn't mean SLIs aren't sensitive or emotional.

I saw my SLI today smiling and laughing w/ people a lot and he comes across as very warm. He can also act just as silly as me (in private, usually, but not always). He also sometimes gets angsty/pissed off and other times he really gets his feelings hurt.

Grace Kelly also comes across as very warm. If I didn't know socionics, I would assume she was a feeler. But you can also see how it's a different kind of warmth, than say, Maryilyn Monroe. It isn't as in-your-face, but that's not a bad thing. It's sort of a more composed warmth, classy.

I'm going to go so far as to say that Delta is the quadra of classy. Perhaps that's incorrect? But I like it, so I'm going w/ that.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Grace Kelly is not a T type; she's an SF - probably ESFp

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Grace Kelly is not a T type; she's an SF - probably ESFp

No, she's ISTP. She has the blank unfocused eyes and the calm face.

Your signature says you love "process." Isn't Ti process? Where as Te is result per each individual situation? So wouldn't that mean you love Ti?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    No, she's ISTP. She has the blank unfocused eyes and the calm face.

Your signature says you love "process." Isn't Ti process? Where as Te is result per each individual situation? So wouldn't that mean you love Ti?
    No she's not and I don't have a clue as to where you got the "blank unfocused eyes." SEE have wide open eyes, like she does. Te is process thinking.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Process
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    Singularity, are you by any chance SLI? It just occured to me with that name. Cuz I could easily have made a fool out of my self telling a SLI what a SLI is like
    Its just, that I am very close to 3 SLIs and pretty close to 2 more, so I would think it would be OK for me to say all this
    that aside I do feel very strongly about this, and I feel I have to speak up about the emotional side of the SLIs
    No, I'm not an SLI... although I'd understand why would some people might think that.

I think that Grace Kelly could be an IEI.

She has the blank unfocused eyes and the calm face.
    Isn't that basically the description of Ni?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK just a quickie

I'll just say thay emotionality in SLIs (and deltas) is subtle. Not to beat a dead cow, but SLIs are the epitome of still waters run deep

words can only express so much and if you insist on emotional to be defined by Fe, yeah then SLIs can't be emotional

but if you find emotions in still waters, then SLIs are V E R Y emotional
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm not an SLI... although I'd understand why would some people might think that.
    cool, nice to meet you my non dual
    n00bIEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dattebayo View Post
    OK just a quickie

I'll just say thay emotionality in SLIs (and deltas) is subtle. Not to beat a dead cow, but SLIs are the epitome of still waters run deep

words can only express so much and if you insist on emotional to be defined by Fe, yeah then SLIs can't be emotional

but if you find emotions in still waters, then SLIs are V E R Y emotional
    Yes. Fi is finding emotions in still waters so to say

SeFi find those emotions in still waters when a person is either laughing (hahahahaha) or when they are talking to them.
    -

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITT: Everyone likes jess; she has identity issues.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think we should let Jessica decide which quadra she feels most comfortable with and identifies the most with. She knows herself and what she prefers a lot better than we do.

Sounds like that is delta at this point, and tbh i dont really have a reason to disagree with her assessment at the moment.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grace Kelly was really hot, I know a Delta ST who reminds me of a less hot Grace Kelly... still hot though... just not like Grace Kelly was. Her banging habits struck me as possbily SLI'ish... but dunno ... hot.
    IEE-Ne

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then maybe it's time to realize that SLI's do have emotions and personality and can be just as "harsh" as Betas because I aint leaving.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    To be fair, INFjs are technically "process" types in terms of Reinin dichotomies.

Kelly reminds me of a female ISTp I knew when I was in Japan. I'd say Si sub for both of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I think we should let Jessica decide which quadra she feels most comfortable with and identifies the most with. She knows herself and what she prefers a lot better than we do.

Sounds like that is delta at this point, and tbh i dont really have a reason to disagree with her assessment at the moment.
    I agree! ISTP/ISTJ can be confusing to tell apart. Examples...

1)
    My now husband ISTP didn't know if he was ISTP or ISTJ for a while...(I thought he was ISTJ on our 1st date, and told him we prob weren't compatible, lol -- and yes that pissed him off for a couple weeks, but he did eventually ask me out again)

He had me confused because he partied like an ISTJ, had tons of ENFJ friends, and was extremely organized (even stacking his coins in little towers). But turned out he was incredibly ISTP and just happened to be organized (though he can be messy).

He was only good friends w/ the ENFJs when he was drunk and his Fe would come out. They didn't hang out much sober.

2)
    A girl I met a while ago seemed to obviously be an ISTJ (and she hit it off w/ my confirmed ISTJ friend -- they seemed like clones). She also was really good friends w/ an ENFJ.
    Later, I hung out w/ her w/o my ISTJ friend and she was really different. She said she only acted like that because she was around the ISTJ. She ended up being really impulsive and ISTP-ish. We were like instant best friends and then she moved across the world the next week kinda a ISTP thing to do...lol (But I'm going to visit since my ISTP also really got along well w/ her).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then maybe it's time to realize that SLI's do have emotions and personality and can be just as "harsh" as Betas because I aint leaving.
    Sooooo you're not reading/taking seriously what I'm saying, because I haven't said anything to the contrary. That's cool. Do what you want. You will anyways.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds SLI to me. The only parts that make no sense are the ones that contradict each other. I do think they like intimacy and like to feel that they really know someone, but are afraid of disclosing themselves fully. And sometimes they get freaked out about sensitive disclosures. I know they admire people who have the capacity to be very open and vulnerable.

I agree that they are very deeply loving and would do anything for someone they cared about, but they're afraid of being taken advantage of. They can be warm, although I find that quality goes "on and off". That's one reason why I'm never sure whether they want me around, because one day they'll be really warm and fuzzy and the next day "cold". I find guys especially like this. Girls less so.

I've known some to be very tactful, and some not at all. Not because they don't want to be, but because they aren't aware of how their words will hit someone.

Abusive? Not sure. I've known one who was, but he also came from an abusive family. They're brusque when they're tired or stressed, and impatient when someone isn't getting to the point. And yeah, I can imagine they'd be abusive with someone who is really pushing their buttons.

I do think they're some of the most sensitive people I've ever met. I've unwittingly trampled their feelings, and I handle everyone with kid gloves.
    IEE

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    To critical of self sounds very SLI - not just my husband but the SLIs in general I know are way too critical of themselves. They get much more angry at themselves for making mistakes than if other people make mistakes.
    My ILI is like this, too. Maybe it's a Te-Creative thing...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    My ILI is like this, too. Maybe it's a Te-Creative thing...
    I think it is.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooooo you're not reading/taking seriously what I'm saying, because I haven't said anything to the contrary. That's cool. Do what you want. You will anyways.
    I'm not taking it seriously because it never seemed like you were serious about it. The only reason I saw people type me as Beta is because I enjoy an occasional emotional outburst and because I stole a coworkers hotdogs.

I don't know why anyone would choose LSI over SLI for me...if valid reasons were given, I might take it seriously but the reasons were stupid and didn't point to one quadra or the other.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not taking it seriously because it never seemed like you were serious about it. The only reason I saw people type me as Beta is because I enjoy an occasional emotional outburst and because I stole a coworkers hotdogs.

I don't know why anyone would choose LSI over SLI for me...if valid reasons were given, I might take it seriously but the reasons were stupid and didn't point to one quadra or the other.
    but you did that because you were concerned about the coworker's health, iirc. And it was an Fe-POLR-ish way to handle that.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, valid reasons were given in the past, and you took them seriously for a while; now your disavowing them because you want to change. It's whatever. It's just a type.

To me, the overriding thing is just the sense I get of your motivations and character that seems Beta to me: a kind of blithe quasi-seriousness about everything...not something I can really quantify for you, but then fuck, who can.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but you did that because you were concerned about the coworker's health, iirc. And it was an Fe-POLR-ish way to handle that.
    No, it really wasn't. Stop pretending.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, valid reasons were given in the past, and you took them seriously for a while; now your disavowing them because you want to change. It's whatever. It's just a type.

To me, the overriding thing is just the sense I get of your motivations and character that seems Beta to me: a kind of blithe quasi-seriousness about everything...not something I can really quantify for you, but then fuck, who can.
    I didn't go back to SLI just because I wanted a change, I'm honestly trying to figure it out and more things are pointing to SLI. I'm not discrediting what you said regarding my type but I honestly didn't see enough proof for Beta so I started questioning again and came back to my old typing. I simply don't think those that say Beta have any solid reasons.

And nah, I didn't steal them because I didn't want her to get fatter, I stole them because I was hungry and hungover

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a kind of blithe quasi-seriousness about everything.
    why would that point to LSI though?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't go back to SLI just because I wanted a change, I'm honestly trying to figure it out and more things are pointing to SLI. I'm not discrediting what you said regarding my type but I honestly didn't see enough proof for Beta so I started questioning again and came back to my old typing. I simply don't think those that say Beta have any solid reasons.
    Well what are the "solid reasons" for SLI/Delta? What kind of proof do you require?

And nah, I didn't steal them because I didn't want her to get fatter, I stole them because I was hungry and hungover
    Duh? Funny how people of different quadras tend to misinterpret one another's motives...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it really wasn't. Stop pretending.
    huh????

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot dogs? Can I make a confession? I stole cake from a nuns' bake sale once. Moment of weakness, what can I say (I use to have those quite a bit). Ahem. Does that make me beta too?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so you were concerned for YOUR health. same difference...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Funny how people of different quadras tend to misinterpret one another's motives...
    you know that's not what it is. stop pretending lol.

idk jessica's type. she seems alright.

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    Hot dogs? Can I make a confession? I stole cake from a nuns' bake sale once. Moment of weakness, what can I say (I use to have those quite a bit). Ahem. Does that make me beta too?
    i will tie you to a chair in the delta quadra damnit.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why would that point to LSI though?
    It's just a common sort of feeling I often get from Betas. Usually people I get the feeling from who aren't Betas are Ti/Fe sub Alphas.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so you were concerned for YOUR health. same difference...

YEAH HEALTH IS SI

Seriously? How fucking long have you been here now?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    you know that's not what it is. stop pretending lol.
    I'm just returning WA's disingenuous interpretations.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straytk View Post
    YEAH

Good thing I didn't even suggest or imply that.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i will tie you to a chair in the delta quadra damnit.
    INFjs do not really make good cheats or frauds. This however, does not stop them from trying sometimes. And even if they do, they are likely to feel pretty bad about themselves afterwards.

In my case, I think I was trying to impress the Betas present. It was at a Catholic school full of inner city gangsters. What do you do to look even more hardcore in their eyes? You steal from nuns.

Believe me, I paid for it though.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what are the "solid reasons" for SLI/Delta? What kind of proof do you require?
    I'm just saying I don't see how I possibly value Ti over Te or Se over Si or Fe over Fi..so far the only thing people seem to have saw in me was a preference for Fe... and ok, if that were true, I still need to favor the other functions and I don't see how I do...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if you want to boil it down like that, it all comes down to your understanding of the functions and how you see yourself. Not much I can say on that front.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I just think of the people you remind me most of: MimosaPudica, Idolatrie, ananke, strrrng...all Betas. It's just a certain vibe of insouciance mixed with gravitas; I can't really quantify it, but it's there. Sorry to add to your confusion if I'm doing so, obviously I know what it's like to be out a type, but*shrug* it is what it is.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast