Thread: Cost-benefit analysis

Creepy-male

Default Cost-benefit analysis.

In terms of having a natural tendency to weigh things constantly as trade-offs between competing immediate, future, and immediate and future factors. Especially when it comes to planning a broader strategy and the overall "best" way to achieve a particular goal.

Dialectical-algorithmic related? Te related? Both? Neither? Something else? Reinin perhaps?

The specific thing I find myself doing a lot is balancing things in my head in terms of opportunity costs. Especially in videogames, I'll be constantly weighing up in rough terms (i.e., without using specific hard numbers) how different tactics are going to serve my goals best. I could see this being thinking form-related.

I suppose another point of discussion might be how different types approach "cost-benefit analysis", since it's a fairly broad concept with lots of different applications, and it is rather open for interpretation as to what it specifically refers to, so let's not jump on the "NTR" bandwagon

Creepy-male

This is the kind of thing I do for a living now rofl....

I dunno I'd say gamma NT personally, at least how it is in my job

actually what I do at my work is a stochastic discrete event simulation.

which is very Ni, but a lot of the work comes in collecting a bunch of Te into databases.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do the pros/cons/tradeoffs thing a lot when I'm trying to decide.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this too.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone does this; when you make a decision, there are always the innumerable number of other decisions you could of made and the few decisions you were actually considering. You do whatever seems best at the time.

'overall best way to achieve' is arguably different across types as they define differences in methods of achieving goals.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    In terms of having a natural tendency to weigh things constantly as trade-offs between competing immediate, future, and immediate and future factors. Especially when it comes to planning a broader strategy and the overall "best" way to achieve a particular goal.

Dialectical-algorithmic related? Te related? Both? Neither? Something else? Reinin perhaps?
    I think this really depends on the actual situation. Does this goal involve only numbers (such as determining a gear upgrade) or does it involve other people who can not be weighed in a purely mathematical fashion, thus ethics and possibly could come into play. Again I think this alone is to vague to say anything definitive.

how different tactics are going to serve my goals best
    wouldn't be used for determining practicality, for understanding the potential for undertaking a course of action and to understand the connection between action and the result?

Again I think it's all situational.

"NTR" bandwagon
    I think this is often a copout, I don't really want to explore this idea in terms of a hypothetical so I'll just say NTR and call it a day.

Now if I misunderstood what it is you have actualy asked, I am sorry.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

universal to human thinking.