Thread: how do you feel after interacting with your benefactor?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default how do you feel after interacting with your benefactor?

?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are a feeling of warmth to me.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I need a break from them. But I am attracted to them somehow.

Creepy-Snaps

I can't win. No matter how hard I try.

But afterward, after getting away from them, and thinking about what they said, I find it quite helpful.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Benefactors impress me. ESFj's are like, the ultimate "super moms." So dedicated to their friends and family, and seemingly tireless. Excellent hosts/hostesses. Happy in the present, look back on the past with fondness. Maybe a little too worried about the future at times, but don't seem to dwell on it excessively. They are generous and warm-hearted.

Can be a little too smothering at times. My ESE grandmother, whenever we go to visit, is constantly reminding us to feel free to eat anything in the house. Especially if there are treats laying around, she will occasionally bring the plate or dish to the table as we are having lunch or whatever, expecting us to stuff our faces. We cannot go for a visit to her house without coming home with a few "free" groceries (she'd send us home with half a cupboard full if we'd let her).

Also, while they seem to almost effortlessly keep their homes spotless and their social lives full, their minds seem...devoid of something. I cannot seem to have a good intellectual conversation with an ESFj; their minds are just constantly occupied with more mundane thoughts and all they care to talk about are things like potty training, health issues, the weather, shopping, fashion, TV shows like "Cake Boss," or "Hollywood Runway" (or whatever that fashion show is called)...

But, on a superficial level, I enjoy my Benefactors. And they inspire me to come home and clean up my house!
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    My Benefactors impress me. ESFj's are like, the ultimate "super moms." So dedicated to their friends and family, and seemingly tireless. Excellent hosts/hostesses. Happy in the present, look back on the past with fondness. Maybe a little too worried about the future at times, but don't seem to dwell on it excessively. They are generous and warm-hearted.

Can be a little too smothering at times. My ESE grandmother, whenever we go to visit, is constantly reminding us to feel free to eat anything in the house. Especially if there are treats laying around, she will occasionally bring the plate or dish to the table as we are having lunch or whatever, expecting us to stuff our faces. We cannot go for a visit to her house without coming home with a few "free" groceries (she'd send us home with half a cupboard full if we'd let her).

Also, while they seem to almost effortlessly keep their homes spotless and their social lives full, their minds seem...devoid of something. I cannot seem to have a good intellectual conversation with an ESFj; their minds are just constantly occupied with more mundane thoughts and all they care to talk about are things like potty training, health issues, the weather, shopping, fashion, TV shows like "Cake Boss," or "Hollywood Runway" (or whatever that fashion show is called)...

But, on a superficial level, I enjoy my Benefactors. And they inspire me to come home and clean up my house!
    OMG... THAT'S MY MOM!!! She's not great about keeping the house spotless though. She's a bit of a packrat. She'll get upset though when the place is a mess and make everyone else clean up.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OMG... THAT'S MY MOM!!! She's not great about keeping the house spotless though. She's a bit of a packrat. She'll get upset though when the place is a mess and make everyone else clean up.
    Not all "super moms" are ESFjs.

And we don't need this to turn into a thread describing what your Benefactor does. You can start another thread for personal experience with types, this thread is simply how you feel. Your last 2 sentences would have been enough:

Sorry to 'police' the forum like this, but I feel just describing ESFjs was way off topic. And I'm just curious too, how people feel after the interaction.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I can't win. No matter how hard I try.

But afterward, after getting away from them, and thinking about what they said, I find it quite helpful.
    Notice how I wrote my post MD?

"They are a feeling of warmth to me."

This conveys the object in relation to me..Which is Fi.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-09-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Notice how I wrote my post WD?

"They are a feeling of warmth to me."

This conveys the object in relation to me..Which is Fi.
    It's MD, not WD.

And yes... I stopped arguing your type a while ago. I do believe you're INFj. And that we're conflictors. Why would you derail this thread, by changing the topic to what type you are?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    It's MD, not WD.

And yes... I stopped arguing your type a while ago. I do believe you're INFj. And that we're conflictors. Why would you derail this thread, by changing the topic to what type you are?
    It was an informative lesson.
    -

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    It was an informative lesson.
    Well thank you for the informative lesson which I didn't need.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love ESEs. I have lots of ESE friends, and they make me feel energized and happy.

I would say this might be different based on the specific benefactor pair.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I generally feel good hanging out with them, although they tend to annoy me also. I feel like the are a bit self-involved, they are living in their own world and I'm kind of outside of that world on the fringes somewhere.
    Whoa, that's a really good description. It's like they'll call upon you when they need you, but otherwise you're just kind of hanging out.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I thought of one negative feeling I sometimes get from ESEs. Sometimes it feels like they don't take me very seriously. It takes a long time to prove that I know what I'm talking about. Once I've proven myself, things are ok, but until they know me pretty well, they don't take me seriously and dismiss what I say pretty easily.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.