Thread: INFp-ESTp duality poll!

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried to do the same thing as INFps with ESTps - warn them not to get into shit - but probably it doesn't work because I raise my voice when I do that, and it sounds like...an order? They perceive it as a violation of their authority. Not my aim, really, since it's only their business.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've tried to do the same thing as INFps with ESTps - warn them not to get into shit - but probably it doesn't work because I raise my voice when I do that, and it sounds like...an order? They perceive it as a violation of their authority. Not my aim, really, since it's only their business.
    Maybe you're just drawing too much negative attention. Im not SLE, but I would find this emabrrrassing also.

TIM
    IEI-Fe 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I have a few SLE friends, it doesn't really matter which tone of voice you use I guess, when they're decided to do something the only thing that they will listen to is a safer way to still do it. When they target something they're not losing the aim, stuff like "hey, see... jumping off a cliff is a bad idea" not gonna work "how about a parachute?" yep... that will do. Still, from my perspective, I really have a hard time jumping out of the blue telling them something about what they're doing unless I'm asked to, and that's simply because I'm usually so amused/thrilled by their willpower that I don't think about it, unless it's something really dangerous or extreme, BUT here I'm having second thoughts because normally I am the one called reckless... like I'm told "let's do bungee jumping" my head will go game over due to data overload... dangerous still fun... pull me by an arm and I won't even think about it. But in all honesty my friends are not that extreme, they're more on the line of "hey the square is crowded" *pulls out guitar* "sing along!" and a few minutes after the crowd turns around and it's becoming like a music gathering with requests and everybody singing. Or maybe that's the effect they do to me because it's just natural to be around them, dunno... whatever situation making me go "yaaaaaaaay!" and hyper is okay with me