Thread: Ethnosocionics

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikisocion
    LSIs often keep dense notes to remind them of their future engagements, as well as directions as to how to do complex tasks. Lateness and incorrectness are almost taboo for the LSI, and to err in these ways can make the LSI unhappy with whoever has transgressed, even with themselves.
    Ok, but what is the source of this? Is this from "official" Socionics? Sorry for being skeptical, but I don't really trust Wikisocion, lol. They are written by just about anyone.

My point is that wanting high-quality things isn't restricted to Delta Te. I agree that they do - every delta ST I know seems to want a high-end hi-fi system - but wanting high-quality things can also be a sign of Ni/Se. Wanting statement pieces that fulfill their role with style, and are going to make a lasting impression on others, and won't crap out on you when you need it - that's classic beta. That one piece of evidence can be interpreted multiple ways.
    Well, I don't mean high-quality as wanting high-end things and the likes. I mean high-quality as in things that are robust, reliable, things with a lot of attention to details. Or it could simply mean high-quality as in having good taste, aesthetics or stylishness.

German products are often stereotyped as having high-quality... and maybe there's some truth to that. It's the meticulousness and attentions to details of Deltas that produce high-quality goods.

I'd say so too, and I think that's the general consensus, but you can't just say Germany as a whole values these things, or that only deltas do. I would say all employers in all countries value that trait when picking someone for a promotion.
    Well, maybe the better word would be something like "productive" or "practical". Te Quadras types, are definitely not as interested in "frivolous" things as Ti Quadra types. Perhaps this is the difference between Subjective/Objective (aka Merry/Serious) Quadras.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I barely think of countries in terms of integral types anymore. Culture is to a large degree determined by things like geography, economy, and current demographics. I find these concrete factors to provide more insight than socionics.

Expat and I had a good hashing out of this subject in Germany some years ago, when we spoke of cultural types vs. the stage of development or "quadra progression" or whatever you want to call it. One can think of Germany today as being a LSI type culture in a Delta stage of development, whereas in the Nazi era it was in a Beta stage. But why is it LSI in the first place?

If the U.S.'s cultural type is LIE, why do we expect our politicians to be entertaining, as if we were a leading culture? Answers can be found only by examining trends in the economy and technology. Perhaps in a decaying empire people need "bread and circuses" to keep them involved in politics at all.

I have spent time in a lot of different countries and believe I could live in any of them. Each has its good and bad points, and none is ideal.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what I find interesting... is that imo, two different cultures with the same quadra type are somewhat similar in many ways, in holding similar values, etc. They may even have the exact same kind of peculiarity within the culture.