not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Color Code

Okay, I'm sure this has probably been done before, but maybe it's been long enough that some haven't seen it yet.

http://www.colorcode.com/

I took the test, and I suppose my result is pretty much right, but that said, it was kind of a difficult test to take; it had me choosing among words to describe myself that-- in many instances-- really didn't seem to be mutually exclusive of each other.

Basic Analysis
    Congratulations, you are a white.
    white: 42.97%
    blue: ??? %
    yellow: ??? %
    red: ??? %

Whites (Motive: Peace)whites are motivated by Peace. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, whites are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.
    It only gives the highest percentage unless you upgrade; I didn't care to upgrade.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 02-21-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No link?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    No link?
    oops, sorry. I'll get that up right now...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    We prob'ly coulda told you that.
    haha, yeah you're probably right...

I really am kinda curious to know which color was my second strongest, but, not enough to sign up/pay/whatever for a complete profile.
    My life's work (haha):

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I took this one before.

it was kind of a difficult test to take; it had me choosing among words to describe myself that-- in many instances-- really didn't seem to be mutually exclusive of each other.
    Yup.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow, I fit into their little boxes quite nicely.

Congratulations, you are a blue.

blue: 80.56%
    white: ??? %

Blues (Motive: Intimacy)

blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was White: 53.04%
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm White, but only with 34%. That's why it's not very accurate imho.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit it knew I was white. I think they hacked my webcam.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Thanks for sharing that.

White Limitations Whites don’t commonly share what they are seeing, feeling or understanding. When they have a conflict, they won’t show it. Like a duck, they are paddling violently underwater, but on the surface, they appear calm and comfortable.
    Interesting, I have always liked ducks...
    My life's work (haha):

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

To be fair...what kind of person doesn't like ducks?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I got Blue...42.89%

Blues (Motive: Intimacy)

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others' lives.

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are "sainted pit-bulls" who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

blue: 62.54%
    white: ??? %

Creepy-male

It's basically four temperaments. And by basically, I mean it's just slightly fleshed out, the systems are almost completely identical, enough so that you could dress up the Color Code as four temperaments and nobody would know. I saw a site that did just that, heh.

Yellow = Sanguine
    White = Phlegmatic
    Blue = Melancholic
    Red = Choleric

If you really want to know your second colour just do a four temperaments test. Or read this: http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/~w3psylab/colorcode.htm

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

• impulsive
    impatient
    • moody
    • indirect communicator

• a leader
    patient
    • fun-loving
    • respectful

I'm probably gonna wind up being called a leader, but I've never had a following.

53.66%
    Reds (Motive: Power)reds are motivated by Power. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, reds want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. reds value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What reds value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

Garbage. I value productivity, have high self-esteem, and can't sympathize, so I want power?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whites (Motive: Peace)

Whites are motivated by Peace. They seek independence and require kindness. They resist confrontation at all costs. To them, feeling good is more important than being good. They are typically quiet by nature, process things very deeply and objectively with great clarity. Of all the colors, whites are the best listeners. They respect people who are direct but recoil from perceived hostility or verbal battle.

Motivated by Peace, Whites will do almost anything to avoid confrontation and to create tranquility. They have a remarkable ability to understand and draw objective conclusions—they are the voice of reason, and this is their gift to us.

Whites truly believe that with patience all things come to those who wait. The problem is that they are sometimes too content with sitting around waiting. They seek contentment more than power, money or, for that matter, more than friends. They are happy having one or two good friends and one or two hobbies. In fact, they tend to have only one hobby at a time. Instead of trying to carry on with two hobbies, they will drop one to take on another. Having two is too much effort. Their only demands from life are the things that make them feel comfortable. That feeling fosters their need to feel good inside.

White Strengths Whites are kind, considerate, patient and accepting. Unlike Blues and Reds, they are not judgmental or critical of others’ actions or behaviors. They simply accept people for who they are: the good, the bad and the ugly. They are tactful, because they don’t want to create confrontation or rock the boat too much. Not rocking the boat is also revealed in Whites through their strength to self-regulate. Controlling their own behavior is a natural strength and this precludes impulsivity. To the rest of us, they offer a clear perspective that is objective and factual. They are excellent listeners, taking what is said sequentially, understanding why it is said, what it is going to take to deal with any problematic situations, and what they can do to help. They simply hear the facts, making no judgments on what is being said. In essence, they are virtually devoid of ego. They are good at constructing thoughts that did not exist before, just from careful listening and taking time to think things through.

White Limitations Whites don’t commonly share what they are seeing, feeling or understanding. When they have a conflict, they won’t show it. Like a duck, they are paddling violently underwater, but on the surface, they appear calm and comfortable.

Whites can be unwilling to set goals. They are generally very content with the way things are. If you try to force them to set goals, they may reply, “I don’t know where I’m going to be in a month. How can I possibly set goals?” Better yet, they will write down the goals to get you off of their back, but have no intention of following through with them. They resist working at someone else’s pace.

Even though Whites seem ambivalent about most things, they can be very self-deprecating. They are very generous when it comes to accepting others’ limitations, but will be disapproving of themselves. On the flip side, they can also become uncomfortable when receiving public praise and fanfare. People with the DCM of Peace tend to operate on a very logical basis like Reds, but move through life using their ability to reason in a milder manner than Reds. They don’t need to dominate like a Red, but will calmly offer a voice of reason that benefits everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    It's basically four temperaments. And by basically, I mean it's just slightly fleshed out, the systems are almost completely identical, enough so that you could dress up the Color Code as four temperaments and nobody would know. I saw a site that did just that, heh.

Yellow = Sanguine
    White = Phlegmatic
    Blue = Melancholic
    Red = Choleric
    I got white, but I also like yellow (I scored higher than expected in yellow.) I don't like blue or red. It's probably safe to say that Phlegmatic-Sanguine is a good dual-temperament fit for me, that or Phlegmatic-Phlegmatic.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow = Sanguine
    White = Phlegmatic
    Blue = Melancholic
    Red = Choleric
    I don't know about this...What do you think of David Keirsey's comparing the classic temperaments to his four MBTI temperaments:

SP=Sanguine
    SJ=Melancholic
    NT=Phlegmatic
    NF=Choleric

If Reds are Choleric, then NF=Red? Highly Not Likely.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I don't know about this...What do you think of David Keirsey's comparing the classic temperaments to his four MBTI temperaments:

SP=Sanguine
    SJ=Melancholic
    NT=Phlegmatic
    NF=Choleric

If Reds are Choleric, then NF=Red? Highly Not Likely.
    I think blue fits me better than red. But the test emphasised actual childhood, and I was independent by default.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

I'm not sure if Keirsey's temperaments are even temperaments in a strict sense.

Color Code and four temperaments both describe inborn traits. That's why the color code emphasis "how were you as a kid?"

And a cursory glance at Keirsey's temperaments shows those maps are pretty bunk. There's not much choleric about an Idealist, really.

Also, taking a detour through Keirsey and showing that that breaks down only shows that Keirsey is broken, and has no bearing whatsoever on the truth or not of whether four temperaments and the color code are extremely similar

Or maybe a Ti HA lecturing a Ti PoLR is like the blind leading the blind

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if Keirsey's temperaments are even temperaments in a strict sense.
    You may be right.

There's not much choleric about an Idealist, really.
    In a way, I agree. Though, I have been reading some of Keirsey's literature, and he does explain pretty well (I think) why he equates Choleric with the Idealists. His reasoning may be a tad faulty, but at least he tries.

Also, taking a detour through Keirsey and showing that that breaks down only shows that Keirsey is broken, and has no bearing whatsoever on the truth or not of whether four temperaments and the color code are extremely similar
    I actually think it is best to treat every typology completely separately. Your attempting to equate the four classic temperaments with the Color Code is really not much different from Keirsey's attempting to do the same: he equates his four "temperaments" with the "humors," with Plato's temperaments, with Aristotle's, Adickes', Kretschmer's, and Spranger's, etc. Coincidentally, each propsed historical "typology" identifies exactly four different personality types or styles.

I have come to the conclusion that, while there may be some valid equating among the different typology methods, they probably do not really translate over exactly. There will be some differences, because each typologist had a different view, a different motive for typing, a different "Agenda," if you will, and had different things he was looking for.

So, I just prefer to treat each typology separately. It's simpler that way. If I see certain similarities, I will not overlook those similarities; but at the same time, I'm not going to get distressed if other comparisons don't add up.

Like with the Humors and Keirsey, I can easily see the "Sanguine" nature of SP's, and the "Phlegmatic" nature of the NT's (though they're still not always exact matches); but less so do I see the similarities between SJ's and Melancholy, or between NF's and Choler (is that the right word there? ).

I tried for a while to match the four Socionics "clubs" with the four Humors (I thought it would be easier, figuring the "phlegmatics" were already assigned for me). But, I couldn't do it. Then I tried to do it with the four Quadras and that didn't work either.

So, I'm done trying.

Or maybe a Ti HA lecturing a Ti PoLR is like the blind leading the blind
    Haha. Oh well, I'm having fun anyway. Please do continue
    My life's work (haha):

Creepy-male

Well, I'm not even equating them! The Colour Code is built up around four temperaments, at least as far as I'm aware. You can even substitute the temperaments in to Color Code descriptions and have something that makes perfect sense (and as I said, I ran into a site once that did exactly that).

EDIT

IOW, the Color Code seems to be a more complete, structurally refined version of boring old four temperaments.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not even equating them! The Colour Code is built up around four temperaments, at least as far as I'm aware. You can even substitute the temperaments in to Color Code descriptions and have something that makes perfect sense (and as I said, I ran into a site once that did exactly that).

EDIT

IOW, the Color Code seems to be a more complete, structurally refined version of boring old four temperaments.
    Well, if the Color Code was indeed created with the classic temperaments foremost in mind, then I suppose you would be right in comparing them. Then it would be no different than early Socionists expanding on Jungian typology.

I guess the thing for me to do now, is to determine whether I am Phlegmatic.
    My life's work (haha):