TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sister, Age Six

just out of curiousity...

so, here are some snippets about my sister from my mom's recent e-mails; maybe they will be enlightening, maybe they won't...

D___ isn’t really looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. She has enjoyed having a break. She has been playing outside with her friends a lot, so life is good in her world. She has enjoyed doing some science experiments with Daddy from the kit she got for Christmas. She told me that she thinks Santa’s elves probably had a lot of fun putting together her science kit.

D___ had her first ever spelling test this week. She studied the words well and got 100% on her test. Hooray! [She] is a pretty good student as far as picking up on math and spelling and all. She is just a slow reader still and that kind of bogs her down in finishing her work in a timely manner. [She] has been enjoying having Daddy do some science experiments with her from the kit she got for Christmas. She’s a good kid and fun to have around (in our old age.) She was excited to have two play dates again this week, with M__ on Thursday and with D__R__ on Friday. And she always enjoys playing with K__ and B__ too.

I forgot to tell y’all something cute from last week. Last Saturday morning, at 8:00ish we heard some commotion and then heard the vacuum going in D__’s room. Daddy and I weren’t even out of bed yet. I got up and went to see why D__ was vacuuming her room at that time of the morning. What I saw was B__ vacuuming D__’s room. D__ told me that B__ and K__ had come over to see if she could go to D__’s basketball game with them at 9:00. She figured that we would want her to do her Saturday chores first, so they offered to help her. So D__ was having B__ vacuum her room and was ready to have K__ wash the bathroom mirror. It looked like D__’s main job was supervising her friends in doing her chores. (related to Tom Sawyer) I would have let her go to the game and do her chores afterwards, but since they were so excited about helping her get her chores done, I gave them a job they could all do together...... It was just cute that D__ was doing her chores and having her friends help with chores before we were even up.

D__ has been going around singing over and over:
    “A peanut sat on a railroad track, his heart was all a flutter
    (actually D__ says “full of flutter”)
    Along the line came number nine, toot, toot, peanut butter!

She sings it and laughs and sings it again. . .and again. . .and again.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 02-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you