Thread: Functional Development in EIE

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Functional Development in EIE

Tell me which ones are hard to develop and when? In terms of Te, Ti, Fi, Ne, and Si (which probably can't be develop anyway). If you'd like to include Fe, Ni or whatever feel free to do so. I appreciate your beta help

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ReiLingBaz View Post
    Tell me which ones are hard to develop and when? In terms of Te, Ti, Fi, Ne, and Si (which probably can't be develop anyway). If you'd like to include Fe, Ni or whatever feel free to do so. I appreciate your beta help
    EIE let's see...

Ego:
    Fe (strong, valued)
    Ni (strong, valued)
    Super Ego:
    Te (weak, devalued)
    Si (weak, devalued)
    Super Id:
    Ti (weak, valued)
    Se (weak, valued)
    Id:
    Fi (strong, devalued)
    Ne (strong, devalued)

Let's see...EIE's weak functions are Te, Si, Ti, and Se.

Te + Si are in the super-ego block and you'd rather not use these too much. A way to develop these is to be around people that are good with these functions + will not condemn you for them being weak. (In other words, types that use them as strong but devalued).

Ti + Se are in your super-id block and you appreciate help with these. Being around people who are strong in Ti and Se will help you develop these. (In other words, types that use them as strong but valued).

---

Also, you could probably develop these weak functions by being around any type who is strong with them...(But maybe it won't be as optimal?)

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peteronfireee View Post
    EIE let's see...

Ego:
    Fe (strong, valued)
    Ni (strong, valued)
    Super Ego:
    Te (weak, devalued)
    Si (weak, devalued)
    Super Id:
    Ti (weak, valued)
    Se (weak, valued)
    Id:
    Fi (strong, devalued)
    Ne (strong, devalued)

Let's see...EIE's weak functions are Te, Si, Ti, and Se.

Te + Si are in the super-ego block and you'd rather not use these too much. A way to develop these is to be around people that are good with these functions + will not condemn you for them being weak. (In other words, types that use them as strong but devalued).

Ti + Se are in your super-id block and you appreciate help with these. Being around people who are strong in Ti and Se will help you develop these. (In other words, types that use them as strong but valued).

---

Also, you could probably develop these weak functions by being around any type who is strong with them...(But maybe it won't be as optimal?)
    How does one develop Fi then? Can it be learned by itself? Also, would it be possible to develop Te/Ti by yourself? And also...for the Si-PoLR in EIE"s, how would one go on developing that. For all the functions, can you estimate how long it will take to develop? Or maybe that's too much.
    Can you also tell me the functional development of Fe/Ni in Fe-EIE and Ni-EIE, which one would it develop and which one they will leave undeveloped..and uh which functions in super-ego or suger id will be strengthened or weakened? Eh sorry I'm sort of in a rush to get the answer cuz I'm gonna post all my findings in this other forum

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand things correctly, not everyone here is going to agree that you can or you should try to develop all these weak and undervalued functions. The theory of socionics tells us we're not equally good at all things--that we're lopsided in how we process things. Thus the emphasis on dualization.

So I can't really answer all your questions, because I'm not sure they are the right questions.

I was explaining to someone the other day that, whichever Beta NF I probably am, I grew up undualized. By age 17 I had to make a choice, one I was conscious of: (a) become a performing artist and be insane, or (b) try to develop my thinking ability (Ti, in this case). I chose the latter--although I'm not sure I can think and I'm not sure I'm sane, after all that.

Probably it would have been better if I'd been dualized and I could have felt free to pursue the things I most enjoy without feeling the need to patch myself up.

Regarding Si, I don't think I will ever truly master it, either. In the Si department, I can only sort of manage things and try to avoid disaster. I have a lot of body problems and have been through all kinds of training to learn to relax, have better posture, better use of the body. When it comes to stuff like environmental comfort, I'm probably happiest if I'm around someone who can deal with that more easily than I can, without making me feel like a big old hopeless ball of shit for not being talented at it. In general, though, I'm never going to see the world the Si/Ne way and shouldn't have to.

I do have a couple of past movement teachers (yoga, dance) who I think may both have been EIE, and they were dealing with Si fairly head-on, emphasizing learning how to become aware of the body's needs and not to push or strain oneself.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does one develop Fi then? Can it be learned by itself? Also, would it be possible to develop Te/Ti by yourself? And also...for the Si-PoLR in EIE"s, how would one go on developing that. For all the functions, can you estimate how long it will take to develop? Or maybe that's too much.
    Can you also tell me the functional development of Fe/Ni in Fe-EIE and Ni-EIE, which one would it develop and which one they will leave undeveloped..and uh which functions in super-ego or suger id will be strengthened or weakened? Eh sorry I'm sort of in a rush to get the answer cuz I'm gonna post all my findings in this other forum
    From what I've noticed, their are big differences between the two subtypes. I don't know any EIE's personally, but my boyfriend is an IEI-Fe sub, and I'm an EIE-ni sub, and we couldn't be more different. I'm better at related stuff, and he is better at . I wonder if creative subtypes make better use of the suggestive function.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    If I understand things correctly, not everyone here is going to agree that you can or you should try to develop all these weak and undervalued functions. The theory of socionics tells us we're not equally good at all things--that we're lopsided in how we process things. Thus the emphasis on dualization.

So I can't really answer all your questions, because I'm not sure they are the right questions.

I was explaining to someone the other day that, whichever Beta NF I probably am, I grew up undualized. By age 17 I had to make a choice, one I was conscious of: (a) become a performing artist and be insane, or (b) try to develop my thinking ability (Ti, in this case). I chose the latter--although I'm not sure I can think and I'm not sure I'm sane, after all that.

Probably it would have been better if I'd been dualized and I could have felt free to pursue the things I most enjoy without feeling the need to patch myself up.

Regarding Si, I don't think I will ever truly master it, either. In the Si department, I can only sort of manage things and try to avoid disaster. I have a lot of body problems and have been through all kinds of training to learn to relax, have better posture, better use of the body. When it comes to stuff like environmental comfort, I'm probably happiest if I'm around someone who can deal with that more easily than I can, without making me feel like a big old hopeless ball of shit for not being talented at it. In general, though, I'm never going to see the world the Si/Ne way and shouldn't have to.

I do have a couple of past movement teachers (yoga, dance) who I think may both have been EIE, and they were dealing with Si fairly head-on, emphasizing learning how to become aware of the body's needs and not to push or strain oneself.
    Brings a tear to my eye lol. It hurts when i think about not being dualized till the age of 17, but i can't do anything about it. I can only wait until university so that they'd teach me how to problem solve better and think differently. Fk it, I really hope i can become a well-rounded individual before post-secondary education. Funny how your duals don't even want to dualize with you -.-

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1-20 years of age: Fe is developing
    10-20 years of age: Creative function begins its differentiation. EIE may feel more introverted at this age, becomes more contemplative, some start writing and reading a lot.
    20-35 years of age: Tertiary function begins differentiating and EIE becomes more extraverted again and more focused on concrete reality around him/her. My EIE friend started going to school for journalism but switched to design when she was around mid-20s. I think her getting more Se-oriented might have something to do with it.
    35-50 years of age: Suggestive function starts to show. EIE becomes slightly more introverted, prone to sudden wishes to isolate and be alone and hermitism.

Ego:
    Fe (strong, like a constant background)
    Ni (strong, periodically gets turned on)
    Super Id:
    Ti (weak, sought for in other people mostly))
    Se (moderate, sometimes kicks in)
    Super Ego:
    Te (weak, also known as demonic function that can be activated very strongly but all to the wrong purpose)
    Si (weakest point, encountering Si is equivalent for EIE to suddenly being hit with a sack of potatoes on the head)
    Id:
    Fi (moderate, understood in other people but ignored and blocked out sort of boring)
    Ne (moderate, understood somewhat but not taken seriously, used to make goofy jokes on occasion)
    Last edited by silke; 04-30-2012 at 05:09 AM.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    1-20 years of age: Fe is developing
    10-20 years of age: Ni kicks in and starts developing, EIE may feel more like an introvert during this time, becomes more contemplative
    20-35 years of age: Se kicks in and EIE becomes very extraverted again, focuses on travel, sports, new actions of all sorts appear attractive
    30-50 years of age: Ti starts developing, EIE becomes slightly more introverted, on occasion makes EIE vehemently fight for own interests and vie for independence from others

Ego:
    Fe (strong, like a constant background)
    Ni (strong, periodically gets turned on)
    Super Id:
    Ti (weak, sought for in other people mostly))
    Se (moderate, sometimes kicks in)
    Super Ego:
    Te (weak, also known as demonic function that can be activated very strongly but all to the wrong purpose)
    Si (weakest point, encountering Si is equivalent for EIE to suddenly being hit with a sack of potatoes on the head)
    Id:
    Fi (moderate, understood in other people but ignored and blocked out sort of boring)
    Ne (moderate, understood somewhat but not taken seriously, used to make goofy jokes on occasion)
    Lol I'm 17 and Ni has pretty much kicked in already, I'm so introverted it's not even funny...I get recent strikes of depression but good thing I'm out of it now. Time to be more extroverted!

Oh shit i need to get dualized so i don't get into the mid-life crisis -must find dual- must find dual- MUST FIND DUAL. I got like what...10 years left to find an attractive wife.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lol I'm 17 and Ni has pretty much kicked in already, I'm so introverted it's not even funny...I get recent strikes of depression but good thing I'm out of it now. Time to be more extroverted!

Oh shit i need to get dualized so i don't get into the mid-life crisis -must find dual- must find dual- MUST FIND DUAL. I got like what...10 years left to find an attractive wife.
    what does it feel like btw, Ni in creative position?

more like 20 so don't worry ^^

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    what does it feel like btw, Ni in creative position?

more like 20 so don't worry ^^
    Well I have been a lot more quiet. If you see me thinking with a melancholic look and probably fixing my eyes on the floor. That's Ni right there in EIE, you just think about everything, you think about what will happen next, in the future, connections between situations (like maybe in friendships or relationships), you think about ideas
    ...Some things that cross your mind give you a big rise & your heart starts pumping and pumping faster- well that's just me. It's like you had this inside -aha- moment when you make sense of something.

At this point of time...i use Ni over my Fe, and i primarily base my Fe off Ni (a lot of times), like for example, would I do a certain thing (emotional expression) in front of someone? Well considering that it could* negatively or positvely affect them, i would prefer not to say it most of the times. However, sometimes i prefer not to overthink and just have fun

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I have been a lot more quiet. If you see me thinking with a melancholic look and probably fixing my eyes on the floor. That's Ni right there in EIE, you just think about everything, you think about what will happen next, in the future, connections between situations (like maybe in friendships or relationships), you think about ideas
    ...Some things that cross your mind give you a big rise & your heart starts pumping and pumping faster- well that's just me. It's like you had this inside -aha- moment when you make sense of something.

At this point of time...i use Ni over my Fe, and i primarily base my Fe off Ni (a lot of times), like for example, would I do a certain thing (emotional expression) in front of someone? Well considering that it could* negatively or positvely affect them, i would prefer not to say it most of the times. However, sometimes i prefer not to overthink and just have fun
    I'm the same in regards to the use of my creative function. I am extremely imaginitve, I like to write stories and poems in my spare time. I don't think either one of the ego functions can be turned on and off like another person had said in this thread, they basically work in tandem, but if you are a creative subtype, you will use that function more often and appreciate it more than your base function.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962