Thread: questions for EIE's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default questions for EIE's

Hi guys,

I'm getting to know this girl, who I think might be EIE. I don't know much about EIE's in terms of socionics, so I'd like to hear you guys opinion on a couple (lots ) of things.

I guess I'll post questions here as they hit me

OK first question, do you guys like Bridget Jones?
    n00bIEE

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might or might not be EIE, but since I don't ever see too many around here, I'll answer.

I liked the original book Bridget Jones's Diary--read it aloud with a friend way back when. The movie was okay but a bit forgettable, I guess.

I tried to read the sequel and had to abandon it on the basis of its extreme suckitude. Didn't bother with its movie adaptation.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Golden. Thanks for your reply. And sorry for the poor quality of my EIE question. I just don't know what to ask, to be honest. I'll try to think of something good soon
    n00bIEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I'll ask you some questions instead:

What is the nature of your interest in this possibly EIE girl?

What makes you think she is EIE?

What do you wish to gain from asking questions of EIEs in this thread?

Also, out of curiosity, how do you self-type?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Then I'll ask you some questions instead:

What is the nature of your interest in this possibly EIE girl?

What makes you think she is EIE?

What do you wish to gain from asking questions of EIEs in this thread?

Also, out of curiosity, how do you self-type?
    1. She's my ISTp brothers girlfriend

2. I'm getting these misunderstandigs with her

3. to figure out if she is EIE. I just don't know where to start asking, as my impressions of people doesn't always translate into socionics and are just that: overall impressions

4. I think I'm an IEE
    n00bIEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta people can like a movie with a Delta couple. I don't think that's something to type someone about at all. Movies are made for mass consumption.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    Beta people can like a movie with a Delta couple. I don't think that's something to type someone about at all. Movies are made for mass consumption.
    well yeah, I thought so too, but it was the only concrete thing I could come up with. No point in asking about Sex and the city then?

But at the same time I do think relating with a person (even a fictional) one can have some value in typing. For me it is Frodo from LOTR for example. He's typically typed IEE
    n00bIEE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. Well, I did not identify with Bridget Jones. She was an annoying pantywaist from my POV. But then, the author, Helen Fielding, may not have identified with Bridget, either. Though Fielding may very well be a Delta herself, the book seems to be based on a parodic newspaper column that delivered social commentary on a certain kind of woman. And in that sense, as Bridget is a mess whom we're invited to laugh AT as much as WITH, if she's going to be seen as exemplifying Delta, let's at least say it would have to be an unhealthy and ridiculous version thereof.

Dattebayo, are you worried about offending someone if you ask questions about EIEs on the basis of you having misunderstandings with your brother's girlfriend?

I hope you'll just feel free to communicate openly in order to get the information you want.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    +100. Romeo and Juliet is as beta as they come, and yet betas (and maybe gammas) are often the first to say "this is stupid, why the fuck did they kill themselves? They're so dumb."

What sorts of things do you have misunderstandings with this possible-EIE about, sir?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Dattebayo, are you worried about offending someone if you ask questions about EIEs on the basis of you having misunderstandings with your brother's girlfriend?

I hope you'll just feel free to communicate openly in order to get the information you want.
    Hi Golden, no it's not that I'm worried about offending someone, cuz I really like her (the person I was trying to figure out). But thanks for this. You really made me feel welcome
    It's more that I can be a bit scattered and i didn't have any specific questions in mind. I was just going with the idea of her being EIE, so I thought I'd come to the best source for info, or to get a feel for EIEs. But that's not the same on a forum as IRL I guess

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    What sorts of things do you have misunderstandings with this possible-EIE about, sir?
    I'm a guuuurrrl my dear Madam

well, it's not misunderstandings it's more that she never says anything that make me go "ha that's just like me" in my head. We talk about the same stuff and are interested in a lot of similar subjects, but we just notice completely different things and seem to have different perspective

I still don't have a million dollar question, but maybe I can tell you guys a bit about her, and you can tell me what you think of that instead

she says she fell in love with Freddie mercury when she was 15. She then proceeded to learn english and became a reporter, so that she could meet him. She nearly accomplished this (she did become a reporter and did learn english) and didn't have a boy friend untill she was 20

she has a childish side that I really like. EIEs aren't like this are they?

she will warn people of dangers, like look the doors, and stuff.

she will come with suggesestions on how to change your life (she did this minutes after meeting me, but I guess my brother had told a lot about me)

she can talk. A LOT. sometimes she even makes me look like an introvert lol. And she can talk to anybody. About anything. Even boring stuff, but she does it with enthusiasm none the less. She tells stories about her self a lot

she can be in a good mood with strangers even if she just had an argument with someone the minute before. Overall she always seems in a good mood.
    I have known her for quite some time now and we have been on vacation together and I have never seen her in a proper bad mood

she loves to travel

she's pretty relaxed with her kids most of the time

she touches me a lot when whe talk

she can seem quite free

she can be afraid of doing new stuff (like playing a wii game, singing karaoke, stuff where others will be watching)

OK I hope you can use some of the stuff I wrote
    n00bIEE

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, Im EIE. I dont like Bridget Jones haha.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ms. Jones is IEE and the person you're describing could be as well.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

End of the road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way dattebayo described her friend seems a lot like EIE to me...

she has a childish side that I really like. EIEs aren't like this are they?
    Maybe that's just because she's a gurl

she will warn people of dangers, like look the doors, and stuff.

she will come with suggesestions on how to change your life (she did this minutes after meeting me, but I guess my brother had told a lot about me)
    Ni definitely. Why the heck would anyone tell you that straight up? I say EIE

she can talk. A LOT. sometimes she even makes me look like an introvert lol. And she can talk to anybody. About anything. Even boring stuff, but she does it with enthusiasm none the less. She tells stories about her self a lot
    Uhh..how typical of her? Oh right the enthusiasm is like "passion" if i would call you that. EIE's passion makes anyone flip, even for myself LOL.

she can be in a good mood with strangers even if she just had an argument with someone the minute before. Overall she always seems in a good mood.

I have known her for quite some time now and we have been on vacation together and I have never seen her in a proper bad mood
    being mad at one moment but completely happy moments later. If that doesn't make sense to anyone then that's probably an EIE, they don't hold grudges for long eh?Also if you were to ask my friends if they've seen me in a bad mood, most of them would probably say they haven't.

she touches me a lot when we talk
    Ok....should i be touching people when i talk? Lol but I'm a guy-girl thing perhaps? Ionno say what you want

she can be afraid of doing new stuff (like playing a wii game, singing karaoke, stuff where others will be watching)
    This one EIE girl i knew at church, whenever we got together with our group at someones house. We'd be playing this game on Xbox 360 where you have the sensors and you have to match the movements of whatever is on the screen. I tried (but of course i sucked and didn't want to try), we asked the EIE girl and she was like "nonono, it's ok. ya )". That's a lot of EIE man.
    Beta NF - E-(6w5), 9w1, 4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual or not, how could one not like Bridget Jones? Makes no sense.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Dual or not, how could one not like Bridget Jones? Makes no sense.
    I think the question is "how could one like her?", lol.