TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Bourne Series

...is AWESOME.

I don't remember the film series well enough to type the characters (will re-watch in a couple days), but I just finished reading two Bourne books, so I'll start there.

The Bourne Betrayal

Jason Bourne: LSI-Ni, 6w5 sx/sp (ISTJ)
    Soraya Moore: LSI-Fe, 6w7 sx/so (ISFP)
    Martin Lindros: LSI-Ne, 1w2 so/sx (ISTJ)
    The Old Man: LSI-Te, 1w2 sp/so (ENTJ)
    Bud Halliday: SLE-Te, 8w7 sp/so (ENTJ)
    Matt Lerner: SLE-Ti, 1w9 so/sp (ESTJ)
    Rob Batt: SLE-Te, 1w2 sp/so (ESFP)
    Ann Held: LIE-Fe, 1w2 sx/so (ENFP)
    Fadi: EIE-Ne, 1w2 so/sx (ESFJ)
    Karim Al-Jamil: LSI-Ne, 1w2 sx/so (INTJ)
    Abbud Ibn Aziz: ESI-Fi, 6w5 sx/so (INFJ)
    Deron: LII-Ne, 5w4 sp/so (ISTP)
    Tyrone: SLE-Ni, 5w6 so/sx (INTP)

The Bourne Sanction

Veronica Hart: SLE-Ti, 3w2 sp/so (ENTJ)
    Dominic Specter: LSI-Ne, 1w2 so/sx (INTJ)
    Semion Icoupov: LSI-Ne, 1w2 so/sx (INTJ)
    Leonid Arkadin: SLE-Ni, 4w5 sp/sx (INTJ)
    Kiki: IEI-Ne, 5w4 sx/sp (ISFP)
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It usually takes me a while to know someone's type, let alone subtype, let alone DHCN.

But you know them with this ease.

I find that just hard to believe.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I find that just hard to believe.
    That's just what I said in the other thread. He also doesn't bother giving any kind of explanation. I think Aleksei mabye looks at 2-3 aspects per character and tries to type them according to that little information. No matter how many sub-/MBTI/Enneagramm typings you provide Aleksei, they still are extremely shallow and mostly useless.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say two 500-page books are enough exposition about a character to type, don't you think? I don't give explanations out of laziness; the list is too extensive to explain in detail. I'll gladly provide them on request, however.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe two 500-page books are enough. It depends on whether you come to the right conclusion with the information provided or not. I have to admit I can't argue about these ones since I only watched the first film two or three times and I can't remember everything well enough to make a guess.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer