Thread: Movement to rename "conflictors"

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    at close distance you ARE going to hate eachother.

Actually if you read some russian relationship descriptions, you would know that there is mutual attraction in this relationship at the beginning, or at long psychological distance, that's what makes this relationship dangerous. You seem to get along quite well, but that's just the surface. Underneath things are boiling. It's a time bomb, but it just hasn't exploded yet with some of you.
    My thoughts as well.

Supervision is sort of like this too in that things start out well, boil under the surface, and eventually explode, except arguments can be healed somewhat through the shared ego function. What i noticed with supervision ime is after the explosion, if attempts to resolve conflict are pursued, the supervisor thinks all is healed, but the supervisee continues despising the supervisor.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    at close distance you ARE going to hate eachother.

Actually if you read some russian relationship descriptions, you would know that there is mutual attraction in this relationship at the beginning, or at long psychological distance, that's what makes this relationship dangerous. You seem to get along quite well, but that's just the surface. Underneath things are boiling. It's a time bomb, but it just hasn't exploded yet with some of you.
    The closer the psychologial distance, the more you'll see the conficting functions, though I don't know if it has to get to "hate". On the other hand, if someone is making friends with a bunch of supposed conflictors, someone somewhere is mistyped.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent a really extensive amount of time with my conflictor and the further it goes, the more you know the person the more you are aware you just see the world in totally different ways. It does not mean you have to hate each other whatsoever. If both people are mature there is nothing from stopping you to be respectful and kind to each other but you just wont understand what is going on and wont be able to help each other much. Also it is very likely you will hurt each other unintentionally. I remember I used to feel attacked/pressured constantly while she felt I make her feel guilty of something all the time. I doubt any of us had such intentions, we were just as we are.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    If both people are mature there is nothing from stopping you to be respectful and kind to each other but you just wont understand what is going on and wont be able to help each other much.
    yeah but when you are in a romantic relationship with such a partner, you have expectations. When they aren't met or even go in the opposite way, you think the partner is deliberately doing that. Fights occur etc etc.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I think it's important to note that intertype relations are really only applicable at close psychological distances. Duality, for instance, isn't much different from any other relationship at long psychological distances. It's only once people "break the ice" and start interacting on a closer psychological level that the unique characteristics of the various intertype relations start to manifest.
    idk what your definition of "close" is, but often intertype relations manifest immediately upon meeting someone. (Rick had a funny encounter with an LSI when he came to Ann Arbor... ) It just depends on how much information you exchange / how much you engage the other person.

As I said, since Conflicting types tend to instinctively maintain longer psychological distances from each other (like the north poles of two magnets repelling each other), open clashes tend to occur less frequently than in some other relationships. But when forced into close proximity, Conflict results in the deepest and strongest clashes of any relation in the socion, with little chance of reconciliation outside of re-establishing a longer psychological distance.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    The more obvious meaning is much more subtle and non-specific than that. It just means misalignment and disruptive difference. As to your "awkward" suggestion, the problem is that there are tons of pairs of types that are awkward towards each other. The term doesn't describe the unique characteristics of the relation, but something far more commonplace than those.
    That's exactly what my problem with "conflict" is...but conflict also is just bad from a PR standpoint. Whenever I tell someone about socionics, they automatically assume Conflict means what I described above.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That's exactly what my problem with "conflict" is...but conflict also is just bad from a PR standpoint. Whenever I tell someone about socionics, they automatically assume Conflict means what I described above.
    Exactly. It creates a semantics issue that can cause contention with separating the subconscious explanation from the literal one (at least to outsiders of the theory)
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    idk what your definition of "close" is, but often intertype relations manifest immediately upon meeting someone. (Rick had a funny encounter with an LSI when he came to Ann Arbor... ) It just depends on how much information you exchange / how much you engage the other person.
    As I understand it, long psychological distance is when you're being polite and formal and not really "being yourself", while close psychological distance is when you're being informal and not worrying about politeness, you're just "being yourself". The transition between the two, as I mentioned before, is what people refer to as "breaking the ice".

Obviously, some people (Dominant subtypes, for example, if you believe Gulenko's theory) tend to "be themselves" more readily, and hence intertype relations kick in sooner and more strongly. Two Dominant Conflictors would very likely clash almost immediately, while two Harmonizing Conflictors might avoid clashes almost entirely in anything short of forced confinement together.

Alcohol or other inhibition-reducing chemicals would also have an effect.
    Quaero Veritas.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krig that's solid thinking. Good job.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might very well gain more experience of dating my conflictor.

There is this really nice ESI chick I am into. It will be interesting, I'm sure.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dissonant is good.

I agree with the idea of the thread--"conflictors" isn't 100% accurate.

The relationship, when it gets close, feels like being in a tinderbox... Anything could set the other person off, so you measure what you say.

My experience with this relationship is that it rarely breaks into open "conflict." It's fraught with uncomfortability, but not aggression or anything like that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you people are just abandoning one sinking ship for another.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    The relationship, when it gets close, feels like being in a tinderbox... Anything could set the other person off, so you measure what you say.
    I like that, yes, that's exactly what it feels like. With your Supervisees, it feels like you're walking on eggshells, trying not to hurt them. With Conflictors, it's more fraught with danger in both directions.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have called this relationship "Contradictory/Relationship of Contradiction".

Edit: Regarding the OP, sounds ok conflict to me, as it's information conflict, not people, although because of the former, these people will often perform action to annihilate one another's actions.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationships of Inhibition?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I prefer Contrary to Conflict it's straight to the point "opposite" but doesn't necessarily imply enmity
    Is this coming from a person who stuck to a system (stuck to her own semantics) so bad that she ran away every time Dolphin came on? I guess you don't remember that, but I do.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12