Thread: Benefit & the assertion of power

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Benefit & the assertion of power.

Taken from wikisocion.

Benefit, or request, is an asymmetric relation in which the type with the higher status is called the benefactor (or request transmitter) and the type with the lower status is called the beneficiary (or request recipient).
    I have made some observations regarding this exact point.

Few months back, I started a thread called before you post. This can be read here.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=33381

During the course of the discussion, I found myself in a highly passionate, yet completely trival semantics clash with silverchris. (I hope there is no hard feelings.)

It would not be untill recently, I would learn from TA, that silverchris happens to be IEI, my benefactor.
    (It also states this in his signature, moving on.)

Ordinarily as my benefactor, ignoring all other variables, it would be expected that the IEI would take on as the dominate personality. (although, this may not be as immediately apparent as a supervisor relation.)

a supervisor will take more of a clear leadership role, dominating the exchange, whereas the beneficiary feels no obligation to the benefactor to hang around once his contributions have been slighted
    Due to the more nuance nature of the benefit intertype relation, as opposed to the more clear cut supervision, this can make interaction interesting, where power can not necessarily be as easily discerned. Such situation is an anonymous internet forum.

Due to the asymmetry between us, I hypothesise that the almost apparently nonsensical debate between Silverchris and myself, is not so much to do with the subject of debate itself, but as a manifestation of the asymmetry of the intertype relation between us. In other words, it was a power play that ordinarily would of gone to my benefactor, but due to the impersonal anonymous nature of an online forum, this can create a weird situation wheres the benefit relatition can not truly play out.

Thus creating an unwinable situation for either side.

Thoughts?
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says relations don't play out on forums...

Creepy-male

I think it's more Weird Ni Shit than any intertype, perhaps. I get into very heated debates with IEIs as well, and they're my Business.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beneficiaries can supervise their Benefactor by using their ID functions.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Beneficiaries can supervise their Benefactor by using their ID functions.

If you're in a situation where the beneficiary's strengths (esp benefactor's PoLR) rule, the beneficiary will have the upper hand and lose respect for the benefactor. This is the worst kind of situation for benefit relations.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also works to a limited extent on Supervisors. If you focus on adapting to the situations and using your every strength (i.e. including ID functions), you can get them to develop a sense of admiration for you.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says relations don't play out on forums...
    I never claimed the contrary.

All I'm saying, is that the manifestation of egos and how they interact with each other, on an anoymous internet forum, does not necessarily play out as it would, within more direct interaction. Thus blurring relations to an extent.

Of course, i'm not saying everyone on the internet, is running around with contrived alter egos either.

If you're in a situation where the beneficiary's strengths (esp benefactor's PoLR) rule, the beneficiary will have the upper hand and lose respect for the benefactor. This is the worst kind of situation for benefit relations.
    I never considered this, good point sir.

Weird Ni Shit
    which is why I keep , on a purely demonstrative level
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Taken from wikisocion.

I have made some observations regarding this exact point.

Few months back, I started a thread called before you post. This can be read here.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ad.php?t=33381

During the course of the discussion, I found myself in a highly passionate, yet completely trival semantics clash with silverchris. (I hope there is no hard feelings.)

It would not be untill recently, I would learn from TA, that silverchris happens to be IEI, my benefactor.
    (It also states this in his signature, moving on.)

Ordinarily as my benefactor, ignoring all other variables, it would be expected that the IEI would take on as the dominate personality. (although, this may not be as immediately apparent as a supervisor relation.)

Due to the more nuance nature of the benefit intertype relation, as opposed to the more clear cut supervision, this can make interaction interesting, where power can not necessarily be as easily discerned. Such situation is an anonymous internet forum.

Due to the asymmetry between us, I hypothesise that the almost apparently nonsensical debate between Silverchris and myself, is not so much to do with the subject of debate itself, but as a manifestation of the asymmetry of the intertype relation between us. In other words, it was a power play that ordinarily would of gone to my benefactor, but due to the impersonal anonymous nature of an online forum, this can create a weird situation wheres the benefit relatition can not truly play out.

Thus creating an unwinable situation for either side.

Thoughts?
    No. the benericiary doesnt always accept the authority of the benefactor, and this is where problems arise. Whatsmore the beneficiary can for instance be in a superior position to the benfactor by social heirachy that ignores socioncs(ie a benefaciary boss or teacher). I had an SEE teacher once and it was so horrible i had to leave the class and was asked only to return after he had left!

The problem with this relation is that the beneciary's dominant function is the benefactor's hidden agenda, so the beneficiay is convinced they able to help the benefactor. But it doesnt work that way. As a result the beneficiary strengthens their dominant function and shoves it in the benefactor's face, but still doesnt have the desired reaction.

Assuming the benefactor will always assume a domiant position is wrong IMO because simply put sometimes they cant. As socionics.com says "and finally if the benefactor is in a superior position to the benficiary it can work out- but not when its the other way around".