Thread: Te DS

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Te DS

Here's me seeking DS...in my desperate moment...

I'm using my Ne to plan, but seeking Te...who may organize my menus so that I can have the whole year planned out and not have to worry about what I'm going to buy each day, as I like to buy fresh meat. I hate freezing meats because it doesn't taste good that way. I also want to SAVE time...and be efficient; I don't know why I have to be this way...it's some desire. I wanna save money, reduce waste, get quality stuff...

I think I'll go overboard if I plan for the entire year.

So far, I've collected menus from around 50 restaurants I've loved and enjoyed. I can replicate recipes and I'm usually really good at it.

And, I want to hire this person.

http://orgjunkie.com/menu-plan-monday
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-20-2011 at 04:39 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

+ (1.0 × 10100) =

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A reasonable middle ground would be to do a rough, weekly meal plan and shop on that basis. You're not burdened with daily shopping, and yet still enjoy fresh food. Plus, this schedule is ideal for taking advantage of customer appreciation days, coupons, flyer deals, etc. (if you have the patience to structure those)
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to save, but also don't want to freeze meat?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you try to see all this through the perspective of being Te-HA Si-DS? That is, an Irrational type. What wouldn't make sense?
    It's probably my opinion but you're rather messy, unorganized, spontaneous and unpredictable. Not sure how could an LSE cope with that.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Creepy-Korpsey

Manacles and a short, well-anchored chain.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the meats...idk if this would actually work as I have not tried it, and the idea just popped into my head just now, so it may be nonsense, but...

Could you buy all your meat fresh at the beginning of the week, and then partially cook it all (to help preserve it and to lock in the juices) and then refrigerate it until you're ready to use it? At which point you'd cook it the rest of the way...

I usually get my meat frozen, unfortunately. It's just so much easier that way...and cheaper...
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, this type of talk just goes over my head, lol. It does seem like a Te thing to discuss. I'd prefer to create a simple system or habit that doesn't involve so much planning. Maybe you can just make a random selection of your list each time you want to get some meat, idk.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    FWIW, this type of talk just goes over my head, lol. It does seem like a Te thing to discuss. I'd prefer to create a simple system or habit that doesn't involve so much planning. Maybe you can just make a random selection of your list each time you want to get some meat, idk.
    You know, I tried to have a whole month of meals planned out at a time once. It would have worked, but then things kept happening to mess with my plans...like a couple times we got invited to dinner at someone else's home; and then my husband's grandpa died that month and so we traveled for his funeral...Some of the food actually ended up going to waste that way . So I don't plan ahead anymore. I shop once a week and buy various ingredients, and then use my creativity (and stuff I already have in the house) to come up with a good meal on a day-by-day basis.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want fresh food every day the only way to do it is to actually go to a market every day.

I suggest making batches of meals per week. It's something I haven't quite done yet.

THis isn't about Te or Ne or whatever, it's about doing it.
    I don't know why you are collecting menus from places.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    If you want fresh food every day the only way to do it is to actually go to a market every day.

I suggest making batches of meals per week. It's something I haven't quite done yet.

This, or, make meals that have multiple servings that you can then pull out of the refrigerator when you're hungry, like chicken noodle soup, beef stew, chili, beef stroganov, etc.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that's what I was talking abuot

CHILI is good for youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Maritsa want to bake us/me some food? You should consider it a practice of your development, and, you know, 2w1 stuff.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    This, or, make meals that have multiple servings that you can then pull out of the refrigerator when you're hungry, like chicken noodle soup, beef stew, chili, beef stroganov, etc.
    This is what I do, plus overlapping recipes. That is, the chicken is all cooked at once and is used in enchiladas and then in chicken fried rice. And the black beans are cooked in a huge batch and go alongside the enchiladas and then in chili. And the chili is re-servable for lunches, and lunches or snacks can also be made of the enchilada sauce over rice and beans ... etc.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    This is what I do, plus overlapping recipes. That is, the chicken is all cooked at once and is used in enchiladas and then in chicken fried rice. And the black beans are cooked in a huge batch and go alongside the enchiladas and then in chili. And the chili is re-servable for lunches, and lunches or snacks can also be made of the enchilada sauce over rice and beans ... etc.
    That's very handy.

I'm not picky, so I can make a big batch of something and eat off it for a number of meals.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
    What if you try to see all this through the perspective of being Te-HA Si-DS? That is, an Irrational type. What wouldn't make sense?
    It's probably my opinion but you're rather messy, unorganized, spontaneous and unpredictable. Not sure how could an LSE cope with that.
    I'm not that messy. I have routines. Once my routine is established, it's easy sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

Collecting ideas. I just don't want to cook chicken. I want to cook chicken with two side dishes. I want to serve a whole meal. I want to be just like my dual cousin. I went over for dinner and she had a complete meal in a jimmy.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask your cousin what she does.