Thread: the tri-variable personality test

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default the tri-variable personality test

i'm not really sure about the result, but this was one of the least boring tests i've taken. i liked the questions.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-tri...gist)-...-test

The Eccentric
    You scored 55Artist, 30 Philosopher, 15 Scientist!

You live in a world of vast abstraction and color. You are hardly interested in the mechanics of real life; you are preoccupied with the substance of existence (the story and narrative, the symbolism), and the form and shape which life itself takes. You mix the mystical with the rational, like St. Thomas Aquinas, you find inroads between the sublime and the tangible ... you might have a propensity to let yourself go, though, in different ways. Everyday chores and responsibilities are not high on your list of passions; neither is any kind of "daily ritual" most likely. Your ideal work involves something that combines a medium for self expression (such as writing), with the inherent rationality and inquisitiveness of your philosophical side. You are very youthful in your demeanor. You are a true representative of modern culture and society; with its shifts toward new systems of spirituality which combine ancient mysticism with classic reason. You are not preoccupied with wealth most likely. Examples of Eccentrics: Timothy Leary, Stanley Kubrick, Socrates. Quotes from "Eccentrics": "I am a little unusual, a little different and very unique."

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I enjoyed taking this test, too.

The Creator

You scored 38Artist, 25 Philosopher, 38 Scientist!

You live outside yourself - in the things you create and work with. You live through objects ... that is, as opposed to living "within yourself", as the "introspector" does. You do not need justification to create, and you do not preoccupy yourself too much with the overall usefulness or meaning of your creations; you are an inventor and a creator. You are quick witted and imaginative most likely, but tend not to dwell too heavily on the "meaning" of specific things. Society benefits from your creations ... which might range from the useless to the indispensable. Since you are so heavily preoccupied with your activities, it is important to remember to stop "doing" sometimes and allow yourself to ponder what you've done... appreciate it deeply. Examples of Creators: Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Nikolai Tesla Quotes from Creators: "I'm an artist. I enjoy working with my hands. I love reading. I listen to music constantly, but I don't have any particular taste, because what I listen to changes constantly."

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eccentric.

The test answers boxed in my responses too much, I'm afraid. Given the opportunity to express my actual views, they mostly would have differed from the possibilities offered by the test author.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Constructor

You scored 15Artist, 20 Philosopher, 65 Scientist!

Evidence and proof of the claims of others are very important to you. You probably have a highly developed spatial ability and work in a field such as engineering or mathematics, or which involves those things explicitly. You enjoy building things and discovering what makes them work - you probably took things apart as a child and played with Lego's (building blocks). You are active in exploring the world around you, discovering its intricacies and mechanics fills your mind. You can become highly aloof intellectually; you may find socializing to be boring. Much of your life may revolve around a specialized field like computing, design, research, etc. You demand evidence. You need reasons and explanations to function properly ... you are undoubtedly scrupulous about accepting claims regarding religion. You might find art somewhat difficult to appreciate ... it's also possible that you are an atheist. More so than the other types.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Agile Thinker

You scored 15Artist, 40 Philosopher, 45 Scientist!
    Your thinking style is such that you vaccilate between building and creating things; pondering their purpose and value. The world is meant to be understood, and its elements are meant to be manipulated to help us on the path to discovering new techniques and methods for uncovering both universal and personal truth. You are vigorous in your mental attitude; putting things in their place and also justifying the science behind them ... while also expending effort pondering how or why the effort was valuable to you or society in a larger perspective. Perhaps you enjoy regimented activities or a great deal of mental activity; math, chess, etc. This is the category of a true intellectual. Examples of Stoic Thinkers: Albert Einstein, Galileo, Carl Sagan. Furthermore: Feedback from these types indicates they are: Highly attentive to detail ... they can come across as quite serious even if they don't intend to! According to other users, this may result in a funny "dry" sense of humor. Quote from another AT: "The first thing people usually notice about me probably my sense of humor." "I'm very independent and in many ways don't really care what others think of me. I can't control what others think or say, only how I react to it."

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a good-at-nothing I am.

There were some questions when no answer, or all answers worked, so whatever I checked didn't really represent my views accurately.

The Modernist

You scored 38Artist, 30 Philosopher, 33 Scientist!

You represent all that is hypermodern in thinking and existing in today's society. You live a very active and agile mental life, combining it with sporadic activities that involve intense personal expression (art, blogging, etc.) As opposed to the other types, your thinking style is a combination of: methodical, artistic and introspective. This means you are at different points in time capable of: valuing something, imagining it spatially, and enjoying its value experientially. You are likely highly literate, but you are a jack of all trades in that no particular field captures your fancy entirely. You may find yourself involved in a range of activities; make sure you are comfortable with your own identity and that you do not neglect any of the major aspects of thought. There could potentially be a propensity for skiddishness or flightiness. Furthermore, you are very easy going as a friend and partner ... easily absorbing the personalities around you, but not committing to any side in particular. Quote from a Modernist: "People often think I'm flip flopping on my opinons, when in reality, I'm just seeing many sides to something." Examples of Modernists: Tony Blair, Leonardo Da Vinci, Aristotle

Creepy-male

The Modernist

You scored 30Artist, 35 Philosopher, 35 Scientist!

You represent all that is hypermodern in thinking and existing in today's society. You live a very active and agile mental life, combining it with sporadic activities that involve intense personal expression (art, blogging, etc.) As opposed to the other types, your thinking style is a combination of: methodical, artistic and introspective. This means you are at different points in time capable of: valuing something, imagining it spatially, and enjoying its value experientially. You are likely highly literate, but you are a jack of all trades in that no particular field captures your fancy entirely. You may find yourself involved in a range of activities; make sure you are comfortable with your own identity and that you do not neglect any of the major aspects of thought. There could potentially be a propensity for skiddishness or flightiness. Furthermore, you are very easy going as a friend and partner ... easily absorbing the personalities around you, but not committing to any side in particular. Quote from a Modernist: "People often think I'm flip flopping on my opinons, when in reality, I'm just seeing many sides to something." Examples of Modernists: Tony Blair, Leonardo Da Vinci, Aristotle

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post

Seems like a collection of completely stupid questions/alternatives without meaning/importance/relevance, so I couldn't answer the test. Why do any of you like it? Curious...
    because i thought they were fun and clever. no idea if they were relevant or not, but i wasnt impressed with the result, so maybe not. fun and clever is subjective, obviously.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little confused with some of the questions, but I do like my result

The Creator
    You scored 45Artist, 25 Philosopher, 30 Scientist!

You live outside yourself - in the things you create and work with. You live through objects ... that is, as opposed to living "within yourself", as the "introspector" does. You do not need justification to create, and you do not preoccupy yourself too much with the overall usefulness or meaning of your creations; you are an inventor and a creator. You are quick witted and imaginative most likely, but tend not to dwell too heavily on the "meaning" of specific things. Society benefits from your creations ... which might range from the useless to the indispensable. Since you are so heavily preoccupied with your activities, it is important to remember to stop "doing" sometimes and allow yourself to ponder what you've done... appreciate it deeply. Examples of Creators: Thomas Edison, The Wright Brothers, Nikolai Tesla Quotes from Creators: "I'm an artist. I enjoy working with my hands. I love reading. I listen to music constantly, but I don't have any particular taste, because what I listen to changes constantly."
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eccentric

You scored 33Artist, 45 Philosopher, 23 Scientist!
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also got the eccentric. i think this test is kind of bad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Nothin..., I mean, Modernist.

I scored 30 Artist, 35 Philosopher, 35 Scientist!

TA also scored 30 Artist, 35 Philosopher, 35 Scientist!

Creepy-male

I'm with the "the test is lame, what was with the answers it gave me?"crowd.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Creator
    You scored 45Artist, 25 Philosopher, 30 Scientist!

This was a really interesting test

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got this:

The Agile Thinker

You scored 15 Artist, 45 Philosopher, 40 Scientist!
    You scored 15% on Artist, higher than 4% of your peers.
    You scored 45% on Philosopher, higher than 71% of your peers.
    You scored 40% on Scientist, higher than 83% of your peers.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Agile Thinker

You scored 25Artist, 40 Philosopher, 35 Scientist!