Thread: Temperaments and visual identification

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Yes she's a bit different my therapist. She also asks me if i would mind sitting back on the sofa as sometimes I am perched on the edge ready to take flight and she will point out the very close alliance this has with reality. She makes a lot of observations like this and communicates them to me which is very interesting.

Your comments make sense in general senza... I think I may also do simiar things (feet planted when confident etc) I just wonder how much of this is display and how much is natural. So I suppose we go with the 'natural' state or most common/comfortable?

From an outside perspective I can see you being similar to these two suggested IP poses...
    The second pose is extremely pose-y ... I can't really take it seriously. And the first is like she's sitting on the potty, hahaha.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by senza View Post
    The second pose is extremely pose-y ... I can't really take it seriously. And the first is like she's sitting on the potty, hahaha.

I thought the 4/5th one was more like toilet squatting. Idk I quite liked that first one, i thought it was more pensive and focussed. The posey one does look posey but I think you can sometimes look a little posey in pics.. not out of arrogance but out of...'oh ok i have to pose for this photo because they want me to' sort of pose.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the 4/5th one was more like toilet squatting. Idk I quite liked that first one, i thought it was more pensive and focussed. The posey one does look posey but I think you can sometimes look a little posey in pics.. not out of arrogance but out of...'oh ok i have to pose for this photo because they want me to' sort of pose.
    No, what I mean is, I don't think that's the kind of pose she'd settle into naturally. Everything down to the way she's arching her toes is posed. It's nothing to do with arrogance, I just don't think it's necessarily the best exemplar of a "typical posture", you know?

I agree, the 4th one is super poopy. 5th one, once again, too pose-y to tell.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, what I mean is, I don't think that's the kind of pose she'd settle into naturally. Everything down to the way she's arching her toes is posed. It's nothing to do with arrogance, I just don't think it's necessarily the best exemplar of a "typical posture", you know?

I agree, the 4th one is super poopy. 5th one, once again, too pose-y to tell.
    Ah right ok, I thought that was the point... that it was not so natural looking and that it looked like what she felt she was expected to do, though maybe you think she was super posey to...look good? Haha, i'm confusing myself now. Yeah I do think some of the poses are super exaggerated, the op said that though. I mean when I look at the ep ones, they are so laid back they are practically laying down. I'm not so relaxed a lot of the time... I am often perched... I can be relaxed, but I don't think it's my default. Flighty would better suit me and maybe highly strung. Those poses, ha.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My posture is EP for sure. I actually tend to hang rather than sit most of the time.

Also, IP = HOOOOOOOOOT

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah right ok, I thought that was the point... that it was not so natural looking and that it looked like what she felt she was expected to do, though maybe you think she was super posey to...look good? Haha, i'm confusing myself now. Yeah I do think some of the poses are super exaggerated, the op said that though. I mean when I look at the ep ones, they are so laid back they are practically laying down. I'm not so relaxed a lot of the time... I am often perched... I can be relaxed, but I don't think it's my default. Flighty would better suit me and maybe highly strung. Those poses, ha.
    Makes sense that Ne would manifest itself in a flighty, high strung way ... but it would also have less tension in an Ep type than an Ij type, I think.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those laying down poses actually aren't half as relaxed as they look. I sit like that even when highly stressed out and or active. People are always complaining I can't possibly be alert when doing that, but instead, if/when I sit up straight I feel like I have to dive attention to sitting straight which is a huge distraction.

To other EP's. Do you have restless legs or other small manerisms that are there solely to indicate/express restlessness and or boredom?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually sit on one foot or with it to my side....like a half cross sit with the other leg over the edge, with its foot bouncing to help release extra energy. I've had a couple of dates tell me to sit up straight, put both feet down, etc at restaurants when we it in booths. Unfortuately chairs don't offer the same amount of room which means both feet are towards the ground, usually clacking against each other...which also has been unfavorably commented on.

The last one's spine is too stiff, and she's too posey, but thats how my legs usually are.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm... what happened to the photos in the OP of this thread...?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aisa: images have been deleted.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    @aisa: images have been deleted.
    lol, umm this much I've noticed but my question was meant to be more open-ended (I guess I should have made myself more clear instead of whining ) - as in whether they were for some reason deleted purposefully (then why?) or was it an effect of some forum crash (and in such a case whether it would be possible for someone who has some temperament photos examples archived (if there is such a person) to update the OP in a way that the rest of the thread makes sense again )

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    lol, umm this much I've noticed but my question was meant to be more open-ended - as in whether they were for some reason deleted purposefully (then why?) or was it an effect of some forum crash (and in such a case whether it would be possible for someone who has some temperament photos examples archived (if there is such a person) to update the OP in a way that the rest of the thread makes sense again )
    They've been deleted on the server side (imgur) so i think it's unrelated to the forum and so.... we need a new collection of temperamental pictures.
    Sorry to disappoint you

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah well so I'll whine here: "whine, whineeee, whineeeee, um let me get some wine?" - in hopes that maybe some smart, sympathetic soul notices this and adds some new pics

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I usually sit on one foot or with it to my side....like a half cross sit with the other leg over the edge, with its foot bouncing to help release extra energy. I've had a couple of dates tell me to sit up straight, put both feet down, etc at restaurants when we it in booths. Unfortuately chairs don't offer the same amount of room which means both feet are towards the ground, usually clacking against each other...which also has been unfavorably commented on.

The last one's spine is too stiff, and she's too posey, but thats how my legs usually are.
    Doesnt that give you dead leg?

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    umm... what happened to the photos in the OP of this thread...?
    I've fixed them ^^ there was a backup copy which is now in place.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I've fixed them ^^ there was a backup copy which is now in place.
    Wow, that went surprisingly fast! Thank you soooo much!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

looking at these photos again, I'll sit and lounge around as all three EP, IP, IJ. the EJ poses look least similar to my own.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I sit like most of these. The IP the most, then EJ and EP. Not so much the IJ, looks rigid as fuck, and not even really how a lot of IJs seem to be in person.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    Doesnt that give you dead leg?
    Only sometimes, since my weight gain.
    I don't sit still for very long anyways.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Hey thats interesting, my feet are mostly off the ground when sitting. I often sit cross legged or with one foot or both feet on tiptoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    I actually tend to hang rather than sit most of the time.
    Me three.

I feel extremely uncomfortable having to sit rigidly. My legs especially always have to be crossed or just off the ground in some way. I guess I must really live in the clouds, according to @GEM's therapist!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Me three.

I feel extremely uncomfortable having to sit rigidly. My legs especially always have to be crossed or just off the ground in some way. I guess I must really live in the clouds, according to @GEM's therapist!

Stamping your feet on the ground when you feel particularly dreamy also helps. I was told to do it before driving to bring me back into the present and become aware of my surroundings.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I sit like most of these. The IP the most, then EJ and EP. Not so much the IJ, looks rigid as fuck, and not even really how a lot of IJs seem to be in person.
    lol, I've been observing people around me and what you said is pretty much how I see one of the people who I think is EJ.

And the "rigid as fuck" IJ made me lol , cause personally I most often sit like a combo of IJ and EP, some IP thrown in. When in an unfamiliar situation, I actually look like this (add a small hand-bag in her hands on her knees, I look like a "Stepford wife" when stressed lol ):

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Stamping your feet on the ground when you feel particularly dreamy also helps. I was told to do it before driving to bring me back into the present and become aware of my surroundings.
    I guess it's REALLY bad that I often drive with one foot up on the seat then, huh?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I guess it's REALLY bad that I often drive with one foot up on the seat then, huh?
    <3
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool< like this thread and the EJ and IP pictures.

When you're sitting on a chair, what do you do with your feet? Flat on the ground or perched up on the toes?

DOES ANY OF THIS MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL???
    flat on the ground, side-by-side, toes crossed in expressive silence

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the IJ photos because someone has to root for the underdog.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12