Thread: True Love

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default True Love

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Types with intuition in the Ego Block of course.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the strength of everyday conviction, an ethical type (although sensors will tend to have a pragmatic orientation, the pursuit of the "idealized" mate tends to be more of an NF preoccupation). In a looser sense, every type that has dual-seeking functions.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a goal for me. You could explain it through typology, but really, I just want to live a simple life with someone who understands me. Everything else is relatively unimportant. I need a purpose.

Creepy-male

Haha yea the pursuit of true love, interestingly enough such an idea undergoes evolution in both cultural perspectives and individual perspectives as one develops.

I don't believe in it as a static externally existing thing, I think its created from an empty world where it did not previously exist. I think the idea some people have about true love is actually them in love with a mental image of something that isn't there in there life and so they create it in their heads, then try to impose this image onto reality, which can cause problems.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    True love has never been a goal in my life, and for a while I even doubted it... but man, when it hits you in all the right places it really leaves an impact.

Haha, You are in love now.
    Last edited by 07490; 12-10-2010 at 03:52 AM.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely one of my main goals, always has been.. nothing better and I actually have this belief that you can't really pursue other self-actualization needs without falling in love first... or being secure in feeling loved. Eh, maybe I'm just twisted but the common thread that strings everyone together that I know is the desire for true love. We all do want it, or we don't know we want it yet.

Sx + Beta NF... eek

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW EyeSeeCold.. what type are you?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Observations and assessments point to ILI, so ILI.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive Ethical types? My IEI best fiend is ridiculously romantic. I'm not too romantic myself, but I have my moments. :redface:
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Lucid that this is something that develops over time, both in the cultural sense and individually. And I'm not sure it's type-related.

I'm pretty sure when I was about 16 I believed there was such a thing as a soulmate, true love.

That quickly changed so that by the time I was 22 or so, I definitely didn't believe there was any one true love, but rather that love can be experienced in different ways at diff times with diff people.

And these days I'm not sure I know whether I believe in love, what love even is if it does exist.

Next phase?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

eh, i'm not really that idealistic. i don't believe in soulmates.

i do think that a lot of beauty and truth can be found in the feeling of being enraptured by love, and that this can be acheived temporarily via fantasy, religious ecstacy, romantic infatuation, etc. but i'm not sure if that's the kind of thing being discussed here or not. i don't think the ordinariness of realistic love diminishes the strength or significance of it.

i wonder if this might be instinct related?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

never been a goal. (we plan, god laughs) I honestly wanted to just have enjoyable small moments with a lot of guys at once. I wanted other guys to learn how to be morally okay with just enjoying each other for a few moments then parting ways. I never mentally pictured me like starting a family especially not with a boy.

But I ended up falling in love and it was against my will. I would be willing to spend my life with this person if he would but I don't really know what he wants yet and neither does he. (in many ways I feel like he will always be a part of everything I do anyway, just like a tattoo lmao) But I love him to death no matter what the outside world thinks and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way, cause he felt like a surprising positive breezy fresh air.

It bothers me when people think that I was searching for this emoishly like 'please love me im so pathetic and shy.' People don't really understand me well. But anyways, it wasn't like that. You just end up loving somebody without trying like its against your will you know. It just happens it's not what you plan. It's like that ****** song that cpig played goes:

"You're what I couldn't find, a temptingly amazing mind so understanding and so kind- you have my heart so don't hurt me blah blah blah."

and honestly it felt like 'you can sexualize the male gym teacher too and i won't get jealous because being monogamous isn't natural.' It felt freeing and not constricting. why do people feel like people make you settle down? He felt this spiritual adventure not like somebody that 'got in my way.' sure he tied me down in ways but when you really like somebody they make you do that you just enjoy spending time with them cuz its the real thing.

Hitta just doesn't understand that he doesn't have to sacrifice his throat fuck sexual-ness to have his long-term commitment. and he argues against real love thinking it has to be one or the other. But see with my soulmate its like he didn't give a fuck if i wanted to sleep with other guys, he knew it was natural sometimes and it just happens. because its like i can't not love him no matter what i do its something with no physical condition.