Thread: Socionics types and changing views according to main person

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics types and changing views according to main person

I would like to know which personality type changes their view on things according to who the current main person in their life is?
    another way to say this is which type uses other peoples thoughts and opinions as their own when they are very close to a particular person?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The insecure type?

Idk ESE might pull some crap like that.

Creepy-male

Any type with weak logic

Or perhaps an XEI who's never had the fortune of having their Ti HA nurtured by a dual (or activator) and keeps getting mentally dominated by people who never let him or her stand on his or her own two logical feet?

^^This is what has happened to me before.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not like the XEI, "im not sure", or "ill please people"... or about being dominated... Its more like they need a role model even though they are strong characters themselves ad they take what the role model says as their own information in an almost aggressive ''I am right" way... Their views change depending on who their one role model is..

Creepy-male

Oh right. That perhaps sounds like EIE. I have one dubious report to suggest that it could be ESE as well, but that person never really showed he knew Socionics that well, so his typings are suspect.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    Its not like the XEI, "im not sure", or "ill please people"... or about being dominated... Its more like they need a role model even though they are strong characters themselves ad they take what the role model says as their own information in an almost aggressive ''I am right" way... Their views change depending on who their one role model is..
    xEIs rarely if ever give me the "I'm not sure/I'll please people" impression. It usually looks to me like fighting for an idea someone else gave them with a passion worthy of a better case. That's from my point of view, of course. If you're one, it's probably normal and other people appear undecided or confused or something.

But what you describe sounds a bit like an supervised LII, repeating SLE's opinion while trying to emulate the strength behind it, totally overdoing it in the in-your-face manner, then looking around expecting applause. This being said, they don't usually actively seek role models... they're just "caught" when they start reading or talking to one. I don't know if other types react the same to supervision, but it's a possibility.

Another option is, of course, that it isn't type related in the first place, so all examples we know of are just examples.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a sort of average E6 thing to do. I can't imagine how socionics would play a consistent or direct role in this situation, but it kinda seems like a bad E6 trait to take the word of someone you admire just because you admire the person.

TIM
    ???
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Seems like a sort of average E6 thing to do. I can't imagine how socionics would play a consistent or direct role in this situation, but it kinda seems like a bad E6 trait to take the word of someone you admire just because you admire the person.
    Wow, spot on, she is indeed E6... do you know which types they are usually?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, spot on, she is indeed E6... do you know which types they are usually?
    I feel like Enneagram tends to be easier to identify on a surface level, so long as you understand the basic motivations of each type and some of the basic manifestations of those motivations. When it comes to E6, they tend to vary a lot externally, but the desire is for security and stability in the outside world. So it seems understandable, and maybe not that uncommon, for an E6 to artificially create that sense of stability in another person. I'm sure that only the rare E6 would ever verbally say "he said it so it must be true," but that sort of underlying desire for a dependable pillar of information is present. Personally I find myself guilty of that mentality from time to time, especially in relationships.

Why else do you think she's E6?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A dependent type/person who feels too weak or too empty to live his own life, so he must live through others or merge with a "strong" person or a parter to live out their more (suppressed) aggressive drives.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    The insecure type?

Idk ESE might pull some crap like that.
    Yes I've read that ESE woman stands by/behind their husband, even if he does something she would not agree with if it was someone else.

They also tend to follow the 'rules' of the group they are in. For example if all her friends wear prada, she will wear prada.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

idk if this sort of thing could be narrowed down to a specific sociotype or not, but i would have a hard time seeing it likely for an ExTx type or even a logical type in general.

maybe it depends on what the views are about, though, and whether they lie in the area of a person's strengths or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    A dependent type/person who feels too weak or too empty to live his own life, so he must live through others or merge with a "strong" person or a parter to live out their more (suppressed) aggressive drives.
    this reminds me of things i've read about average/unhealthy 9s. maybe 6s could fit this too, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Yes I've read that ESE woman stands by/behind their husband, even if he does something she would not agree with if it was someone else.
    i'm definitely not ESE and this is very true for me. um, special people are special?

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Fj's would do this in general.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to know which personality type changes their view on things according to who the current main person in their life is?
    another way to say this is which type uses other peoples thoughts and opinions as their own when they are very close to a particular person?
    Not type related. We all do this to a certain extent -- fill the empty places in ourselves with the thoughts, feelings, and lives of other people. The solution has little to do with type; it's to find things one is really passionate about and can build one's life around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I think Fj's would do this in general.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me fix this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    But what you describe sounds a bit like my LII father, repeating SLE's opinion while trying to emulate the strength behind it, totally overdoing it in the in-your-face manner, then looking around expecting applause. This being said, he doesn't usually actively seek role models...
    Here you go.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone without a brain of their own? No idea why someone would do that.