Thread: DCNH subtypes correlation to the two-subtype systems

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default DCNH subtypes correlation to the two-subtype systems

i'm wondering about how dcnh types correlate to the two-subtype system.

i would think that the harmonizing and creative types would match up with irrational subtypes and the dominant and normalizing types would match up with the rational subtypes. but i've also heard another theory (which i can't remember, heh).

so..whats the deal with this? explain?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    i'm wondering about how dcnh types correlate to the two-subtype system.
    I think it's better to approach it as a separate system since the original subs only deal with irrational and irrationality, DCNH deals with enhanced temperaments so to speak

i would think that the harmonizing and creative types would match up with irrational subtypes and the dominant and normalizing types would match up with the rational subtypes.
    you got it

if you're curious, there's a section on Wikisocion specifically for the DCNH which is a bit more descriptive in terms of how it works outside of the general definitions System of DCNH Subtypes - Wikisocion
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I think it's better to approach it as a separate system since the original subs only deal with irrational and irrationality, DCNH deals with enhanced temperaments so to speak
    sorry, but i'm a little confused. what you're saying is that
    -two subtype system deals with rationality and irrationality
    -dcnh deals with both rationality/irrationality AND introversion/extroversion

right?

i've finally gotten around to editing the "-Ne" out of my signature to make it less redundant, i hope i'm doing this right haha. i typed myself in dcnh using the provisional descriptions on the wiki, so i'm not really clear on the actual structure of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    you got it

if you're curious, there's a section on Wikisocion specifically for the DCNH which is a bit more descriptive in terms of how it works outside of the general definitions System of DCNH Subtypes - Wikisocion
    i've tried reading that link a few times but i get about halfway down before my brain just turns off. linear-assertive? sequential relations against relations of parallel action? combinatorial-dichotomous and functional-positional methods? WHAT?

it would be great if someone could translate that page into something that actually makes sense in plain english. i would be so appreciative if someone were to do that. *looks around *

but i guess its sort of the most authoritative source we have at this point so it's good to know about, thanks.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said they seem to be two different theories, or really a variety of different theories in two forms...though I'd like to think that there are some correlations in the forum of subtype-temperament. Ie. If Ti-ESTp, you might not expect them to be a creative subtype, but could very well be any of the other three. It's best to look at this from the opposite angle though, that is, if one is a creative subtype ESTp, then they would certainly expect to be an Se-ESTp. Technically the correlation seems to be to both E/I and J/P subtype, that is a Te-ESTj could very well be creative or normalizing, but nonetheless is only a correlation, not an exact measure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    ii would think that the harmonizing and creative types would match up with irrational subtypes and the dominant and normalizing types would match up with the rational subtypes. but i've also heard another theory (which i can't remember, heh).
    what about relating to Enneagram instinct? I find identical instinct correlates with same subtype in DCNH, but then the two system subtype is too generalized to fit and corelates with the DCNH. Example, EII-E9 who has instinct so/sp will always be Dominate... <-- just an example I made up.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.