Thread: Please help me type my coworker

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Default Please help me type my coworker

Hey everyone, I've been going crazy the past couple of weeks trying to type this girl I work with to no avail, so I'm just gonna put it out there for you guys. Maybe you'll have better luck.

I work at a coffee shop, and about a month ago this girl transferred to our store. Right off the bat she was upfront and confrontational. She had no problem telling my manager about her issues with this partner and that partner, even her issues with the shift leader. She's loud, but not that loud (I'd say she's only loud when she's in a good mood), and she can come across as rude/inappropriate at times with the comments she makes, but here's the thing -- she does it with a smile. I don't know if you've ever heard of the term "flashing eyes". She strives really hard to be professional, and I think she admires people who are, but I don't think she is personally. She treats the store like it's her second home, even though she just got here. She leaves her clothes and stuff in our private bathroom all the time, she comes back several times a day just to get her things (she hangs out in the immediate area often, so it's a convenient storage room for her). As wild as she seems, and she does seem very much like the wheeler-dealer type, she comes across to me as a creature of habit. And, I don't think she feels all that comfortable in new situations, as much as she'd like to admit.

She's a bit paranoid about how people act towards her -- she will think first that they don't like her, are doing things and talking behind her back, and then she will come to realize after some initial confrontations that they are not so bad. Guilty until proven innocent.

My first guess for her was ESTP, but now I'm not so sure. She acts like a tough cookie but I get the feeling that she's actually a very sensitive person inside. I don't know if it's just me who sees it (everyone else at my store just sees her as a wild chica, someone who's hard as rock) or maybe I'm just misinterpreting her little signals. Any guesses?
    Last edited by Sk1ttlez; 11-24-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Oh, I should also mention that she's very flirtatious, with both men and women. She knows very well how to make someone feel good, she can read their emotions. She flirts with the customers, she's even gone on dates with a few of them, and she is very touchy-feely with everyone on the floor. When she first came she would pinch people as she passed by, at random, and I asked her once what the purpose of her pinching was.. she said it was a way of relieving stress. She got in trouble for it though, because several people complained, one guy even got into an open argument with her about it on the floor, and she was very taken aback by it--she was quiet for the rest of the day, so I tried to cheer her up some. She reacts like this sometimes when a customer is rude to her actually, I'll go talk to her several hours later after an incident happened and find out it's still in her head. But she never tries to show that she's affected.

I'm a shift btw, and she's a barista under me, so a lot of times I have trouble with her acting out or requesting favors from me to let her out early, go on her breaks at certain times, etc. Personally I don't have a problem doing any of that because she's excellent at customer service and a very fast/efficient worker in general, but to other people they might not be so understanding. The only thing I worry about is if she's doing this because she really needs it, i.e. she's going to have a meltdown or something if she doesn't get a break, or if she's using me just because. Then I would have a problem.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially your first post sounded pretty much like +. So yeah, beta. I wouldn't be surprised if she's really SLE.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer