View Poll Results: what type is Adam Levine?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 100.00%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Adam Levine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adam Levine

What type is Adam Levine? (Maroon5)

YouTube - adam levine interview

Every physical action, from the crashing of a wave to the rusting of a tin can, can be thought of as a computation in which the universe moves from some initial input moment by moment to an outcome -- from a cresting ridge of water to bubbles of foam on the sand.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE?
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm tempted to say Ti-ENTp. Apparently his sex life with Se-ISFj Maria Sharapova was less than desirable:

“She wouldn’t make any noise during sex. I can’t tell you how disappointed I was. I really thought, like a lot of guys, that she’d be the loud screaming type. But instead, she just lay there like a dead frog. She even got angry if I started to moan, said it ‘ruined her concentration.’ It was so disillusioning that I went on Paxil for a month afterwards. Really, it was much more of a shock than when I found out there’s no such thing as the Easter Bunny.”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reeks of huge douchebag. Not sure of type.
    asd

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I'm tempted to say Ti-ENTp. Apparently his sex life with Se-ISFj Maria Sharapova was less than desirable:

“She wouldn’t make any noise during sex. I can’t tell you how disappointed I was. I really thought, like a lot of guys, that she’d be the loud screaming type. But instead, she just lay there like a dead frog. She even got angry if I started to moan, said it ‘ruined her concentration.’ It was so disillusioning that I went on Paxil for a month afterwards. Really, it was much more of a shock than when I found out there’s no such thing as the Easter Bunny.”
    Alas it didn't work out. Happens. He's kind of a bitch for whining about it in public though.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    reeks of huge douchebag. Not sure of type.
    lol I agree

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huge douche. Looks similar to a non-douchey SLI I know. His nose is too thin.

Anyway, I vote for aristocratic quadra and I'm thinking ST over NF, but I can't be certain about that.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI. Definitely uses a lot. (Fe leading could work too.)
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-27-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Dance Magic Dance CloudCuckooLander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want him to be my conflictor (LSE), because he's the living embodiment of douchebaggery, but I sadly don't think he is. I'm pretty sure he's ESE.
    2-subtype system: IEI-Fe
    8-subtype system: D-IEI-Fe
    16-subtype system: IEI-ESE

IEI-Fe 2w3 > p6w5 > 8w7 sx/so

"He who has felt the deepest grief is best able to experience supreme happiness. We must have felt what it is to die, that we may appreciate the enjoyments of living." - Edmond Dantes (The Count of Monte Cristo, Alexandre Dumas père)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching The Voice makes me wonder about his type. I'm thinking Fe quadra, but (it seems to me) lame use of Fe so maybe Fe Hidden Agenda -- ILE-Ti as someone said, or is he in fact an ESE or other type?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Introvert irrational type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you.
    Last edited by Birdie; 07-07-2014 at 03:29 AM.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I liked, in every sense of the word "liked", all of the posts that said he's a douche
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adam Levine

Adam Levine of Maroon 5

Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe we just had a thread about this guy and the consensus was that he was a douchebag > ILE > anything else.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-pokeball

He hath eyez like Rob.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Adam Levine (redo)

Yeah i searched for my old thread and couldn't find it for some reason so I'm making a new one.

Its been suggested that he's ILE.

I type Adam Levine as SLE.

#1 His focus is very sharp compared to ILE Newt Gingrich or EIE christopher walken, which suggests Se to me.

#2 When I analyze some of his music videos, they have themes I personally identify with. They're all pretty over the top, but regardless these fantasies are what go on in my mind whether i want to admit it or not.

His other song "one more time" basically talks about how he can't get away from this girl even though they fight a lot and they're miserable together. he has a sort of boy who cried wolf thing, too in the moment and detail oriented to value the big picture and leave the crappy unattainable relationship.

Also, he talks a lot about how he owes it to his fans and is a minor philanthropist in some of his interviews, this all being after the fact that he made millions. Also a lot of people look at his facial expressions and automatically assume he's an arrogant douche ... hi.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mr. MOOBS LIKE JAGGER I got @ Ti-ILE and Mr. SLOPPY FLOPPY BITCH TITS GNGRCH I got @ Ti-SLE. I feel like I'm either gonna pass out or shit the bed, I ate too much god damned cookie dough. Hell yeah for adding a bit of whey protein to the stuff and grinding fresh rice flour out the Vitamix, but I was a le=azy fuck and didn't grind the rice that hard. kinda chunky, oops. gonna have to check out those Pains of Being Pure at Heart lyrics because I don't know if the dude''s saying "drama" or "drummer" in that one song and I want that one song to be about Margot Tenenbaum and her bro wuth the headband and polo and blazer/. It fucking needs to be. Still think the best thing about The Office is Andy Bernard's wardrobe. Towers above all else from miles height. Went to the mall just to piss, and my blood pressure's down to 110/69. This after cutting carbs and almost all processed plant oils. I'm really giving hell to that butter. I love putting my hands on the rubber sides of the escalator and suspending myself in the air to test myself to see if I can get to the top. Fuck anyone else, I'll do isometric exercises whenever wherever I damn well please.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU FEEL IT NECESSARY TO DEVOTE A SECOND THREAD TO THIS MOTHERFUCKING DOUCHE
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I agree with woof's typings. Also, google is your friend because the forum's search function is useless.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...89-Adam-Levine
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Mr. MOOBS LIKE JAGGER I got @ Ti-ILE and Mr. SLOPPY FLOPPY BITCH TITS GNGRCH I got @ Ti-SLE.
    I could see XLE-Ti for Levine. And, yeah, Gingrich reminds me of my SLE female friend a lot.
    I feel like I'm either gonna pass out or shit the bed, I ate too much god damned cookie dough. Hell yeah for adding a bit of whey protein to the stuff and grinding fresh rice flour out the Vitamix, but I was a le=azy fuck and didn't grind the rice that hard. kinda chunky, oops.
    You're adorable. I identify with that feeling.
    gonna have to check out those Pains of Being Pure at Heart lyrics because I don't know if the dude''s saying "drama" or "drummer" in that one song and I want that one song to be about Margot Tenenbaum and her bro wuth the headband and polo and blazer/. It fucking needs to be.
    We may have to mate now. ....But, seriously, I love that coupling. Too bad they cast an ILE in the role I want a Gamma SF to star in, but damn can Luke Wilson make good tears.
    Still think the best thing about The Office is Andy Bernard's wardrobe.
    I try to understand, but I wear little boy Lego Batman long tees, so...I am just sitting here trying to understand ...But i'm massively pleased you think about fashion. Yay for peacock men. [/QUOTE]
    Went to the mall just to piss, and my blood pressure's down to 110/69. This after cutting carbs and almost all processed plant oils.
    you didn't cut all carbs, right? because your brain actually requires glucose to function.
    I'm really giving hell to that butter. I love putting my hands on the rubber sides of the escalator and suspending myself in the air to test myself to see if I can get to the top.
    that's so cool!

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU FEEL IT NECESSARY TO DEVOTE A SECOND THREAD TO THIS MOTHERFUCKING DOUCHE
    I don't know why, but I really like Adam Levine. I think what he said about the sexual performance of a woman he slept with was awful. Beside that I like his intensity and what I'd call an E-6ish or Ji respect for what is genuine. I respect somethings about him.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Yeah i searched for my old thread and couldn't find it for some reason so I'm making a new one.

Its been suggested that he's ILE.

I type Adam Levine as SLE.

#1 His focus is very sharp compared to ILE Newt Gingrich or EIE christopher walken, which suggests Se to me.

Many ILE-Tis have similar expressions to Levine. If you really want to associate this look with some element, this isn't Se - it's the razor sharp creative Ti. Compare him to:

Christian Bale

Michelle Forbes

Nikola Tesla

Also a lot of people look at his facial expressions and automatically assume he's an arrogant douche ... hi.
    It's not his facial expressions but him saying saying some rather tactless things about his ex-gf, something about her not screaming in bed and him being so disappointed that he took anti-depressants to cure his blues, which makes him sound like a pampered princess. I hope you didn't take this guy up as your role model.

Also, his squeaky falsetto forever disqualifies him from being any of the beta types.

lol...

idunno. I'm looking for SLE's who make music. So far all i can find are chicane and possibly roger shah and dash berlin. Past that I can't find any.
    Woof has already mentioned Johnny Cash, likely SLE 8w9. His performance in "Hurt" resonates with this sentiment that SLEs seem to experience later in life: "...but eventually all of this starts to fade. And it ends with remorse - SLE comes to repent and regret it all." (link). Among female performers I'd add Luciana as Ti-SLE sx-3.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@siuntal

ok well... I didn't really do much pop research on the guy but yeah that's a dbag thing to do. You're right about the Ti, maybe that's what I'm seeing.

wow you pointed out an SLE 3. That is the missing link I've been looking for between LSE and SLE that kept confusing me. Suddenly I realize I don't know shit about anything anymore.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

wow you pointed out an SLE 3. That is the missing link I've been looking for between LSE and SLE that kept confusing me. Suddenly I realize I don't know shit about anything anymore.
    this is what they look-sound like

Tom Leykis is another horribly, disgustingly e3 SLE-Se that I know of - if you want to see someone living out those e3 steretypes that would be him - and Olivia Wilde has been typed as 3w4
    what does this have to do with LSEs?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    this is what they look-sound like

Tom Leykis is another horribly, disgustingly e3 SLE-Se that I know of - if you want to see someone living out those e3 steretypes that would be him - and Olivia Wilde has been typed as 3w4
    what does this have to do with LSEs?
    30 seconds in I've seen enough!

I've always assumed any SLE 3 was actually just an EIE or LSE, and any LSE 8 was just an SLE or an EIE.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intolerable musicians/bands: maroon 5, taylor swift, most of the black eyed peas, probably someone else.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Intolerable musicians/bands: maroon 5, taylor swift, most of the black eyed peas, probably someone else.
    i nominate LMFAO, for creating noise that drops my IQ by 20 points whenever I have the misfortune to hear it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also a lot of people look at his facial expressions and automatically assume he's an arrogant douche ... hi.
    No honey, we look at your facial expressions and automatically assume you are a self-entitled mama's boy. Hi, back. =)

Anyway I don't see why you mix up who you are with what you choose so much. It makes little sense. You are really letting your ego get the best of you. Who you think you are really doesn't need to have so much impact on your lifestyle and your relationships. All it is is 'who you think you are'' and 'The things I believe that other people think about me', you seem to have skewered perceptions of both and you get unnecessarily threatened by anybody who can see through the guise. You're an interesting person I'll give you that. It's like you are intimidated of insight itself. You think people that wield it, have this power you can't attain so you try to compensate by the gymnast-body thing and making a lot of money and like... looking handsome and dancing a lot or something. You're like an SLE who wants Ni but gets hostile when your dual gives it to you instead of liking it.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti is my best guess - and it is a guess - but beta extrovert: loud and clear... (At least from here.)

My first thought was of David Lee Roth, whom - I'd bet - is EIE... The essential difference is: David Lee Roth vitiates Steven Tyler's schtick by refusing to downplay his 140 IQ, while Adam Levine vitiates David Lee Roth's schtick by refusing to accept that he's Steven Tyler. Moral: you're never too smart, dumb, or old to rock and roll.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking Adam Levine is ISTj

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam is def my conflictor, or some other off kilter intertype.
    Last edited by wacey; 01-22-2018 at 08:34 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by wacey; 01-22-2018 at 08:11 AM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhat likeable here. Si HA?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Levine - ISTP - Gabin

Adam clearly uses a lot of Fe. Very expressive, dramatic. So, any Delta or Gamma typing is a joke.

ILE is definitely a type that I was told he was and I believed it. He looks kinda naive, childlike, but at the same time laser-eyes.

However, some things are suspicious.

1. His wife seems ESI, which is a strong argument against ILE for Adam.

2. He is also very emotional, expressive, dramatic, 100% of his songs are about romance and love, which is quite weird for a Fi PoLR type, who will avoid expressing his feelings and vulnerabilities.

3. His face is kinda tensed-up, which is a sign of Rationality. More visible in his pictures without beard.

Honestly, I'm verging towards Alpha or Beta Rational for him. My money would go on ESE. Too much drama, love, naivety, Alpha childlike, and at the same time, laser-eyes, which could be 4D Demonstrative Se. I had an ESE friend very similar with those piercing eyes, and a youthful radiant smile.