TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some questions

I'm sorry if there is already a thread with the same questions

1) Do all types have the same chances of reaching their own definition of happiness?

2) Are all the types as "useful" or "valuable" to the "society" as others? Are some types destined to not have a meaningful existence?

3) All types have strengths and weaknesses...so all of them enjoy "asymmetrical" advantages. Pondering all factors...is there a "strongest" type?

4) Are the alpha quadra values regarded by everybody (B,especially G, D) as "Living like this is cool and everybody should behave like this but it's not practical in the long term"? Is it just my perception?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't seen one.

1) Do all types have the same chances of reaching their own definition of happiness?

Yes.
    2) Are all the types as "useful" or "valuable" to the "society" as others? Are some types destined to not have a meaningful existence?

Different societies tend to value different functions, so if your strongest functions don't line up with society values, then you might be more likely to be seen as not "useful" or "valuable". It doesn't mean that you are actually less useful or valuable. I'm just talking about perception here.

Strongly disagree with the second part. Each type makes their own meaning, which I think stems from their valued functions. I think there may be individuals that fail to fulfill their personal vision of a meaningful existence maybe because their valued functions were discouraged or they faced dire circumstances which made pursuing their vision impossible. But I don't think any type is more or less likely to have failed to live a meaningful existence.

3) All types have strengths and weaknesses...so all of them enjoy "asymmetrical" advantages. Pondering all factors...is there a "strongest" type?

No. Each type has exactly the same number of strong functions and weak functions. According to socionics theory, no function is inherently better or worse than another, just different. However, society can perceive some types as stronger than others, which relates to that society's values. In America, for example, SLE and LIE are probably seen as "stronger" types than IEI or SEI.

4) Are the alpha quadra values regarded by everybody (B,especially G, D) as "Living like this is cool and everybody should behave like this but it's not practical in the long term"? Is it just my perception?

No. I think perception is colored by your own quadra values.
    Another alpha might think, yeah this is cool and I know its not practical in the long term, but I don't care because I'm not in it for the long term practicality

A delta might think, it sounds cool but I'm not going to get involved in it if it doesn't yield a long term practical result.

A gamma might think, it doesn't sound cool and even if it was I wouldn't do it anyway because its just not practical.

Not sure what the beta thinks. I kinda think they might be less likely to care about the long term practicality (devalued ) but maybe they don't think the way of living is cool like the alphas do. Especially if the alphas are emphasizing a Si/Ne lifestyle.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post

there are studies of people living in impoverished countries which indicate that no one is happy there. the idea is that happiness largely depends on having your basic needs met consistently and reliably. so in a society where people's needs are being met, yes, people have an equal chance of being happy. in an impoverished society, happiness is not even on the radar. at least according to these studies.

they are in the larger scheme of things. the theory of the socion is that we need everybody to do what they are designed to do. whether or not they are seen by the majority as useful depends upon who is in power and what values the power structure holds. usually the power structure is beta, gamma or delta.

strongest in what sense? see above. everyone is strong in certain kinds of circumstances and when certain kinds of information and skills are needed. i agree with warriorlibrarian that SLE and LIE are typically seen as most overtly strong.

alphas value organic utopian ideals that even alphans cannot sustain over time. i think we all want to strive for organicity but we know we can't do it. the other quadras are more realistic about that than we are though. at times, we actually think it can be done. and there are moments, snapshots, when it actually is that way. but these moments pass quickly.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post

What makes a LII tick? Being knowledgeable and healthy? Theoretically, all LIIs can achieve this definition of happiness. What does the average SEE want? Lots of money? Harass co-workers? If so, there is no room for all SEEs.

In my opinion, most people "KNOW" being "nice"/lighthearted/easygoing (FeSi) and "intellectual" (TiNe) is great and some even try to be, with limited success.
    Last edited by 1981slater; 10-19-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes

No. No. Different societies favor different types. If you feel meaningless, move.

Yes. SLEs are more interested in physical strength. Not that that's a major factor in today's world.

"Living like this is silly and everybody could behave like this but it's not practical in the long term."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.