Thread: Rick DeLong's 2nd type

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rick DeLong's 2nd type

Tcaudillg, what do you think about Rick DeLongs dual-type? In my opinion he is pretty clearly IEE-LII. Reasons:

1.) He is very interested in logical consistency, which is absolutely atypical of average IEEs with Ti being their vulnerable function.
    2.) Most socionics experts (Augusta, Gulenko, Bukalov, Reinin, Lytov, Ganin) are Alpha NTs. Theoretically, an IEE who becomes a socionics expert should at least have a 2nd type that is Alpha NT.
    3.) If he had to choose a 2nd type, it would probably be LII as you can read here on his blog.
    4.) According to the VI pattern I discovered, I'd probably type him as Ti-IEE due to his face being a "rounded square" (-> strengthened vulnerable function) as you can see here.

Other opinions?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick isn't really a Socionics expert any more than most of the forum members who have been here for a while. He's just Ukranian, and happens to have a site of his own.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo
    1.) He is very interested in logical consistency, which is absolutely atypical of average IEEs with Ti being their vulnerable function.
    I think this is highly assumptive on your part, unless you actually happen to know him in person.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually he comes off an LSE EM to me. He's quite authoritarian, uses a lot of "team" terms, and probably focuses more on the relations than on the types.

I think Augusta was LSE EM as well. It makes sense that she would create a model of society with specific functions given a type of that kind. Socionics seems like something an ILE with a strong interest in the working of organizations might create.

Also consider that socionics has little cognitive psychological backing. That's her TiSe blind spot at work -- she didn't need to know what the machinery was, because it was evident to her what the situation was. From her perspective, the interactions frame the machinations, not the other way around.

If he were an LII EM, he'd probably want to find work in a lab somewhere, like April.

I'll have to think about this one. On the other hand, he just as well offer his own opinion seeing that he frequents this board fairly regularly. Though from my personal dealings with hm, there was a strong propensity to conflict. Very strong.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 10-03-2010 at 01:32 PM.