Thread: Maybe my husband is delta ST

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Maybe my husband is delta ST...

what do you think?

Let's see... he likes sports (what guy doesn't). He's an enneagram 6w5 with 2 quick on its heels. He likes to read but never fiction. He's impatient. He expects things to be done a certain way (the right way=his way). Manners at the table are more important than having an enjoyable meal together. He likes to socialize and is good at making small talk. He likes to know the news about other people (a bit of a gossip that way). He intellectualizes things and prefers talking about stuff to actually doing anything. He needs a neat environment. Messes around the house drive him crazy. He's definitely got Si in the ego block. De-values Ni for sure. Seems indifferent to Se.

Here are a couple of photos (don't quote please):

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First person he reminded me of was Adam Corolla.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of what you say is inconsistent with ESE (that was your previous typing, wasn't it?). What about Ej vs Ip difference?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he very well still may be ESE. Ej>Ip for sure. He's got that restless energy. Has to be up doing things. Only, the things he does and sees as necessary to do NOW are usually seen by me as pointless activities. When it comes to larger goals, bigger things, he's inactive.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    First person he reminded me of was Adam Corolla.
    yeah, you're right!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the other thing I read on here yesterday--and I don't remember where--someone was talking about the difference between Ti valuing and Te valuing and how Te will seem superficial and use stronger words where as Ti will be calmer and use more nuanced terminology to express something deeper. I think I got that a bit off but I dunno where the original post is...

but that made me think, Te valuing for him.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    well the other thing I read on here yesterday--and I don't remember where--someone was talking about the difference between Ti valuing and Te valuing and how Te will seem superficial and use stronger words where as Ti will be calmer and use more nuanced terminology to express something deeper. I think I got that a bit off but I dunno where the original post is...

but that made me think, Te valuing for him.
    That was probably tcaud's EM dichotomy of deep and shallow. Not something to use outside of dual-type theory, I think.

I agree with Ashton that may seem like that to -valuers - strong words and claims, often superficial, dogmatic even. But it's complex and likely influenced by many other factors, perhaps partially an impression arising from miscommunication. I've seen it in some Alpha rationals, but not in others, so I'd go with 'not type related' for this one.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay. thanks guys.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mom is LSE and my daughter is ESE. my mother is concerned with getting things done. she cattle prods all of us into progressing towards getting done what she thinks needs to be done. (like right now she's trying to get me to obtain my passport) she watches financial shows every morning and is quite frugal with money. she shows emotion easily though, not at all stoic, very affable. when i last saw her she was upset that she doesn't fit the classic womanly grandmother mode.

my daughter although young at age 12 is a classic ESE. she immediately knows how people feel. it's what distracts her from cleaning up and getting things done and organized. her focus is people and art. she is easy for me to be around even when she's on an emotional brain fart. being 12 she's starting to have these more often. my daughter is great with young children already. she took a babysitting course, was a CIT at a camp over the summer, and loves kids. she naturally corrals them up and gets them interested in something. at this very moment she is outside with the younger kids in our neighborhood and has them engaged in a game of kickball.

i don't know if this helps or not since my examples are female instead of male. what i can tell you is that beta types go over horribly with delta types in practical situations. and vice versa. my SLE ex and my family were like oil and water. infpman does a little better, mostly because he's so laid back. but it's not all that easy.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like someone I haven't slept with for a couple months.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just going from the pictures and the basic info you gave...

you´re married to an ESTJ OR ESFJ guy.

perhaps happily married to conflictor. THIS is why I don´t like these dogmas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    perhaps happily married to conflictor.
    wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see no problem with ESE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a matter of fact, I would much rather consider EIE, than LSE or SLI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    As a matter of fact, I would much rather consider EIE, than LSE or SLI.
    that's interesting. He's Si>Ni though.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like Joy's old ESE boss.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beh...this guy´s definitely NOT N-type...clearly Sensory...likes to sport, has a somewhat strong build, seems to enjoy a lot physical contact look at his bare feet and how at home he looks with barefeet.

I think an N type would seem more detached from his body and less 'concrete' than this man looks.

ESxx . Perhaps ESFP. I can see some F-emphasis on the dinner picture. I would not rule out ISTP entirely though because everyone has Fi like he´s showing in the dinner picture. what I think he is NOT is some NT type...and ISTJ very unlikely, if Beta => ESTP

but anyway I´m just an amateurish socionist so this could all be BS LOLOL

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You said he was ESE and I don't see why you're doubting yourself.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    beh...this guy´s definitely NOT N-type...clearly Sensory...likes to sport, has a somewhat strong build, seems to enjoy a lot physical contact look at his bare feet and how at home he looks with barefeet.
    you're absolutely right about that. he goes around the house barefoot all the time. on all but the very coldest days of winter.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Torn between the ESXj's.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dont like sports at all, and Im a guy
    Last edited by Ave; 09-04-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

restless energy? Plus the expression in his photos. Makes me think ENTp.

I've never known deltas to throw off an "energy everywhere" vibe the way ENTps can. Even very excited ESTjs are still excited within the context of whatever category of thing they are discussing. It's an efficient sort of throwing energy.

And just because he walks barefoot and is into sports doesn't mean he's not ENTp. I had an ex who seemed like an ISTp at first to me because of those things.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting suggestion, Jewels. and nice to see you. I dunno... I don't see the Ne. Plus his restless energy doesn't really bounce around from thing to thing, it's usually pretty focused on Si activities. He doesn't generate ideas the way, say, my IEE mother does. lol