Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ^_^

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not true. I also posted in that one in Beta. And I don't live here anymore, I just swing by for a visit when there's something of interest to me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I travel like 30 times the speed of life ("speed of light"... haha). He probably travels like 50 times the speed of life.
    I have always wondered what this means. It seems to come up a lot in this forum, along with comments such as "people can't keep up/are lame/live boring lives," etc. I just don't understand what the "speed of life" is supposed to be and what keeping up with someone means. What is it that makes you live life at a faster speed than other people?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Kim! Haven't seen you posting here in a while.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I moved and was on vacation! And now missed my chance of completing forum sobriety. Oh well! :wink:
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a Si-dominant of some sort, perhaps ISFp.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I have always wondered what this means. It seems to come up a lot in this forum, along with comments such as "people can't keep up/are lame/live boring lives," etc. I just don't understand what the "speed of life" is supposed to be and what keeping up with someone means. What is it that makes you live life at a faster speed than other people?
    I think she means: intense. fast decision-maker. on the move. never sits still. ADD, adventure-seeking, maybe works multiple jobs, far-reaching goals, etc.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I think she means: intense. fast decision-maker. on the move. never sits still. ADD, adventure-seeking, maybe works multiple jobs, far-reaching goals, etc.
    Yeah but Joy isn't anything like that's, she's a white trash fat failure of a woman, so it's kind of weird when she uses that type of wording wrt herself.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also applies to how relationships are approached.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast and furious crashes and burns. Slow and steady conquers the world.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    the tortoise and the hare?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tortoise and the hare?
    The dumbass and the sage.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How is everything going with your relationship, Joy?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    ITT: DJ shits on his mirror
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Don't know about "speed of life" or "boring lives" as it just sounds like judgmental tripe to me with no real meaning. But "can't keep up" is pretty easy. Either people can't keep up physically, meaning you're walking somewhere, and you have to wait for them, or doing some activity and they're slow and awkward. Or, they can't keep up mentally, meaning they don't follow what you're saying and you have to explain in a careful tedious manner, slowing down for them. And while there will be people who can't keep up with you, likewise you'll find people who you can't keep up with in one of those two ways.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How is everything going with your relationship, Joy?
    idk. We were involved for like two (awesome) weeks before a handful of really huge things happened, and we've been putting all of our time and attention into handling them for the past few weeks. We've been in survival mode. We're a good team, but our attention has been handling crisis and managing to just stay awake throughout the day instead of on enjoy each other's company and whatnot. Chances are good our relationship will be stronger from all of this crap, but we'll just have to see where things stand once the dust settles and we're able to give each other proper time and attention again.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he cheated on you?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah.. a catastrophy. just as predicted

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat360 View Post
    lol. Joy, nothing will ever work out for you. Believe me I just know this.
    This is your lousy prediction? You're so negativist...whatever that means...

Don't listen to him Joy. You're at a great position to find and date your dual. You know about socionics.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, listen to me. go back to being lesbian.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you are BS and full of it; you can't use Ni if it predicted you could...
    -

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

This is your lousy prediction? You're so negativist...whatever that means...

Don't listen to him Joy. You're at a great position to find and date your dual. You know about socionics.
    Because knowing about socionics fixes all relationship problems.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

you are BS and full of it; you can't use Ni if it predicted you could...
    Go harass an LSE. He may give you just the spanking you so desire.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Because knowing about socionics fixes all relationship problems.
    It doesn't and I didn't say that. I think it's good to be positive because even the future in unrealistic to the realist.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

It doesn't and I didn't say that. I think it's good to be positive because even the future in unrealistic to the realist.
    You think it's good to be positive because you have nothing to live for. You have no choice.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You think it's good to be positive because you have nothing to live for. You have no choice.
    Everyone has a choice; van Gogh had a choice..he took it. We all have a choice.
    -

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I think he probably is SEI after all. It was an easy mistake to make because he's so... hm... interesting... And apparently he'd had feelings for me for like 14 years before I really noticed and developed an interest in him, so at first he was pretty much just going along with anything I was doing because he was so stoked that an opportunity to have a relationship with his long time "unrequited love" was finally being realized. It made him seem more like a Victim I think. And we were both so into each other and so compatible in so many ways that we overlooked the fact that our lifestyles just really aren't all that compatible.

He could still be an IEI who just happens to have a mechanical aptitude, is decided and stubborn about Si stuff, and is a musical genius. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    So he cheated on you?
    lol no way

Eh, I'm thinking dating and relationships are just more effort than they're worth at this point. Work, family, friends, and other aspects of my life are more deserving of my time, attention, and energy. And far less troublesome.

But yes, we're still together. At least for the time being. If he steps up his game in the next few days we could still end up being an awesome couple. I'm not banking on that happening though.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She retyped him. Guess it's over.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

I won't break up with someone just for not being my dual. There are other issues.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao

I won't break up with someone just for not being my dual. There are other issues.
    But you are always extremely excited when you think you are with your dual. I am wondering what you are looking for. For a long time it was stability and someone who keeps you on your toes and creates a living environment for you so you don't have to. Now it appears to be something else entirely (some sort of excitement and connection - my suspicion is that it's that sort of thing everyone wants after a while in a stable relationship - to recapture the excitement). I also remember that for a while you felt that you LII ex was perfect for you (although I don't think you ever considered him your dual).

Just relax, woman! Live your life and them merge with someone else's rather than trying to add something to your life. Or something like that.

This was your public service announcement
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I admit that this was my initial thought also.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao

No, you retyped him because you broke up with him. Story of your life.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wth? We're still together.
    SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that's the official story
    Go harass an LSE. He may give you just the spanking you so desire.
    LOL

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can still fix this.
    SEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He can still fix this.
    Don't sell yourself short. EVER

If it's not working, let it go...peacefully.

You'll find someone right fit for you.
    -

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. Whatever. I'm gonna hang in there and see how it plays out. This means having to really pull back emotionally. The issue is that both of us need to focus on other areas of our lives right now. I'll just take whatever time and attention I can get when I can get it for now and think about other stuff when I can't. If I can successfully keep myself from thinking about him much while he's not around, it'll be better than not having him in my life at all. He, on the other hand, seems to be able to maintain his feelings for someone without actually seeing them much. Maybe I'll learn to do the same. Maybe I won't. Seems to be worth a shot for the time being. I've already told him that I'm someone who it's not wise to neglect, so if it does fall apart, he's had fair warning.

It would be a very different thing if we had a long, solid history of having a happy and healthy relationship and were going through a short period where we couldn't see each other but still had a bright future ahead of us where we would be able to see each other a lot and I was confident that things would be awesome at that point... but such is not the case.

So basically it's one of those situations where I'm not getting what I need, and I have to figure out if what I need is what's wrong (maybe I should be far more emotionally self-sufficient?) and can be remedied or if I'm simply not with the right person (is there really something wrong with needing to get a fair amount of time and attention from the person you're with?). Time will tell. I'm just going to try not to worry about it for right now. If I can push him out of my head when he's not around and enjoy him when he is and then push him out of my head again til next time, things'll be fine. At least until we can see each other more or until I decide I want more out of a relationship than that.

Does all of this make sense? Not really. Do I have the time and energy to make sense of it right now? No. So whatever.
    Last edited by Joy; 09-23-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    SEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Eh. Whatever. I'm gonna hang in there and see how it plays out. This means having to really pull back emotionally. The issue is that both of us need to focus on other areas of our lives right now. I'll just take whatever time and attention I can get when I can get it for now and think about other stuff when I can't. If I can successfully keep myself from thinking about him much while he's not around, it'll be better than not having him in my life at all. He, on the other hand, seems to be able to maintain his feelings for someone without actually seeing them much. Maybe I'll learn to do the same. Maybe I won't. Seems to be worth a shot for the time being. I've already told him that I'm someone who it's not wise to neglect, so if it does fall apart, he's had fair warning.

It would be a very different thing if we had a long, solid history of having a happy and healthy relationship and were going through a short period where we couldn't see each other but still had a bright future ahead of us where we would be able to see each other a lot and I was confident that things would be awesome at that point... but such is not the case.

So basically it's one of those situations where I'm not getting what I need, and I have to figure out if what I need is what's wrong (maybe I should be far more emotionally self-sufficient?) and can be remedied or if I'm simply not with the right person (is there really something wrong with needing to get a fair amount of time and attention from the person you're with?). Time will tell. I'm just going to try not to worry about it for right now. If I can push him out of my head when he's not around and enjoy him when he is and then push him out of my head again til next time, things'll be fine. At least until we can see each other more or until I decide I want more out of a relationship than that.

Does all of this make sense? Not really. Do I have the time and energy to make sense of it right now? No. So whatever.
    Yeah. I get you. I don't think anything's wrong with doing what you want or at least trying some method to have a "balance" in your life.
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol you're a fucking mess, suicide is the only option, believe me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I get you. I don't think anything's wrong with doing what you want or at least trying some method to have a "balance" in your life.
    (:
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he is IEI after all? I think it's probably just too soon (and has been too stressful) to tell.
    SEE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast