Energy based relationships:

Duality
    Partial duality
    Mirage
    Extinguishment
    Activation
    Request (+/-)
    Quasi-identity

"One static and one dynamic. Functions of one partner's mental loop correspond to functions of other partner's vital loop.
    More subconscious impact than exchange of verbalizable information. Termed "relations of attraction" by Augusta."

So, how do we notice this in real life? Is it the feeling that we enjoy the company without having to say very much? Feeling of relaxation? Some kind or "wordless understanding". With duals and semi-duals it is obvious to me from the first seconds of interaction, but it can also be felt with for example your beneficiary (ISTj for me). Or am I just pretending?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've never seen this before. it looks potentially interesting but i don't understand what "More subconscious impact than exchange of verbalizable information" is supposed to mean. like more communication is nonverbal and passes subconsciously?

so i'm looking forward to responses.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post

Duality
    Partial duality
    Mirage
    Extinguishment
    Activation
    Request (+/-)
    Quasi-identity

"One static and one dynamic. Functions of one partner's mental loop correspond to functions of other partner's vital loop.
    More subconscious impact than exchange of verbalizable information. Termed "relations of attraction" by Augusta."

So, how do we notice this in real life? Is it the feeling that we enjoy the company without having to say very much? Feeling of relaxation? Some kind or "wordless understanding". With duals and semi-duals it is obvious to me from the first seconds of interaction, but it can also be felt with for example your beneficiary (ISTj for me). Or am I just pretending?
    I definitely felt all of that with my dual. Not sure about semi-duals, i just dont find mine to be that attractive for some reason (SEI), perhaps because i'm Fi-subtype. Mirage sort of feels like duality at first (and yes i've been attracted to an ILI in the past) but there are some things that they do (or dont do) that just seems so egotistical (because they dont value your dual seeking function).

As far as activation relations go, all i can say is, i can immediately recognize them because i get engrossed in conversations that just go on and on, because both of us enjoy discussing things and listening to what each other has to say so much, and my activity partners like talking about things i'm very interested in and want to know more about. I sort of have a similar feeling with my benefactor and beneficiary (request), but to a lesser extent.

Quasis? I seem to think i dont get along with them at all. From someone I know who i suspect is EIE (my quasi), basically the dynamic is, on the surface we are friendly but i really dont like or respect the way she treats people nor do i find much in common with her. Not someone i would like to spend any amount of friendship time with. That said, maybe i mistyped her, but i have felt a similar thing with a few of the EIEs here.

As far as I can tell, i dont think i've really had a significant enough of an extinguishment relationship to recognize one as such, so i cant comment from personal experience. But from what i have come to learn about extinguishment relationships here, sounds like it's a quick attraction, easy to get going into a relationship because of similar interests (same club), but it has to remain a very superficial relationship b/c there's an Fe-valuing vs Fi-valuing discord and nobody can take care of ANY of each others DS functions. So it's actually a bad relationship to have. Maybe quasi is sort of similar, but more explosive because both are extroverts (in my case) and there's a j/p mismatch.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, um, I think it's accurate to say that all of those, even extinguishment, are relationships where there's more going on in energy exchange than in physical, verbal contact. Certainly with duality, my vibe sort of naturally changes around SLEs, I feel much more free to "float" intellectually, in this sort of abstraction from real life, and that's obviously not anything that anybody *told* me to do. I guess you can also tell that to a degree with activity, not the same reaction but closer too it. Activity relations don't have to tell me to up the Fe, I can sort of just tell, oh, time to be a little more joshy and jokey (maybe that's not the right language, but I do think I perk up the Fe). But I run out of things to talk about with LSIs, actually. I can see how supervision is more verbal. I don't have much energy interaction with ESEs at all. We can entertain each other, but we're not responding to each others vibes really. I have this vague intuition that ESEs are being confessional when they're being confessional, opening up when they're opening up, whatever, but I don't have any natural reaction to it in the way that an LII would presumably have.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this, dear children, is why Static/Dynamic is a useful Reinin Dichotomy.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I say those are relationships where, you feel both like somebody is calming you down and getting you excited about something. Superficially speaking, it's a nice feeling.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post

Duality
    Partial duality
    Mirage
    Extinguishment
    Activation
    Request (+/-)
    Quasi-identity

it's the absence of competition or dryness.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-male

Nice Blaze, that's it. I was struggling to think of what's common between my various energy-based relationships vs information-based.