View Poll Results: What type is Pied Piper?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESI

0 0%
  • LSI

9 37.50%
  • SLE

1 4.17%
  • SEE

0 0%
  • IEE

0 0%
  • EII

0 0%
  • SLI

1 4.17%
  • LSE

1 4.17%
  • LIE

0 0%
  • ILI

1 4.17%
  • ILE

9 37.50%
  • SEI

0 0%
  • LII

1 4.17%
  • ESE

1 4.17%
  • EIE

0 0%
  • IEI

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's my type

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    I recall this thread being about my type. Do you have an opinion on it?
    He does. He called you an ass-wipe. I don't know why it's not representative in the poll options. Am glad I didn't make a poll when first visiting here.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE fits better

you are stubborn, but naive as fuck.

you arent beta, I like you, but you dont command my respect like LSI.

you miss too much, and are too unaware, to be any kind of beta

I dont see you complimenting a victim, I dont see how an EIE would dualize you, etc.

I dont really know you, and your use of english needs work, so because of this I don't claim to get the full picture of you but its doubtful you are beta

still am not buying this thread.

OH AND IN CASE YOU MISSED IT THE LAST TIME:

FUCK YOU PIPE MAN

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, your point is valid in considering ILE,
    how did your dual relationship go? If I remember correctly you were dating an ISFP.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

How about some pictures?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    quit it. or else.

Creepy-cinq

I see...

Well thanks for your participation, apparently the jury has decided that I am indeed an LSI. I'll change my typing in my profile.
    What does Parasite think about this change? Does she agree? If you think LSI is the right typing, how does this affect your relationship with her? Do you think she is still ISFp and you are in a dual relationship? Public consensus is one thing, but, does the theory make sense wrt to intertype relationships under this new typing?

It would be interesting to hear from Parasite about all of this. It would be a good real-time learning experience about the dynamics of socionics.

Parasite - if you have any feedback, it would be great to hear from you.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems you don't know how to reocgnize or feel a relationship. Duality is usually obvious. You'll notice it after two or three meetings, if not the first.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    It seems you don't know how to reocgnize or feel a relationship. Duality is usually obvious. You'll notice it after two or three meetings, if not the first.
    He was blindfolded.

Creepy-cinq

Note that if she answers, what she thinks is not necessarily my POV. I'm curious too of what she'll have to add because she's only superficially aware of what happened to me on the forum. I am aware of how much you're interested in learning from us so I'll ask her to find some time to post.
    What I'm interested in is exactly her POV. This feedback is not exclusively for my curiosity. I just think it would of interest to members in general, given that it is uncommon to have couples or relatives participate on a board like this. It provides another angle to typing.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the relationship is very good, could not compare it to any previous one. Compared to them, this one is the first time I instinctively "borrow" things from her, which is not actually the case with any person I know, except my brother in our teen years.

There are a lot of things that changed in me since we're together. Maybe the most visible one is that I can much easier take risks, quit my job or leave my place, I'm not afraid of anyone and I feel that I'm doing the right thing (actually that there is not a "right thing" but just live your life), unlike previously when I had this continuous anxiety that I have something to accomplish in the future and make sure that I reach that time safely.
    On the other hand, I'd not take useless risks, like thinking about entering a fight with someone who offends me, that sounds just hilarious, but I'd do take some useless ones just to desensitize her - you know, when you fear something it blocks you, when someone else fears it makes you laugh. In the end "good" things and "bad" things are just our emotional reactions to usual things that happen, based on our expectations.

She also borrows things from be, for example awareness for supernatural/spiritual things. Although she does by default not believe such things, she is careful to such details, reporting if something unusual happens and asking for my opinion - things which I usually debunk as natural. I crave for a true case of supernatural phenomenon which would prove her once and for all that these things are actually real.

It feels like there are two different worlds, mine and hers, but both are cool. While I still prefer mine, hers looks interesting too so I'm not afraid anymore to fail in my endeavours because there's always the fallback one. I'm not afraid of failing to release a good music album, not afraid of failing to create the perfect OS, or have a mansion, etc - because at any moment I can land in a world of having a good time, watching hilarious things on the internet or determining monsters in the shape of the clouds, where all ambitions seem to be childish hubris.
    That's really cool, man. I am envious.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just find you dual and you'll not envy anyone's relationship anymore
    Alas, it is easier said than done! :frown:
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I don't know the average time or effort - I don't actually know someone else determined to find his/her Dual - but it took me less than 6 months. Although, one requires decisiveness, clarity of mind and lack of prejudices - including Socionics stereotypes. IMO using simple, cautious and concise descriptions, like the ones on socionics.com, are the best bet, and nothing beyond that is required, besides being oneself correctly typed.
    The socionics.com descriptions are awful. They focus too much on clothing and physiognomy and other external traits that are trends at best, and have fuck-all to do with type at worst.
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr know-it-all, really, you might be an expert, but this is what *worked* for me. The descriptions I used and I remember were those and the ones existing on this website (not the forum!) at the time. I actually have them both saved on my computer, dated 11/10/2007, which coincide with the month I bought my previous laptop. No Wikisocion, no forum, no functions, no Reinin, nothing. I definitely used, to a lesser extent, other descriptions including some MBTI, Aushra, Rick, but in any case nothing from Wikisocion or any forum.
    Can you post those?

I posted a thread about this problem...most of the type descriptions I've come across either suck or rely too much on an understanding of Model A to be feasible to beginners.
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, remember when you said this on my thread?
    I'd like you to keep in mind that this is my priority on this forum and it can happen at any moment, if we met at a beer it would probably be a different matter. I'm interested in both things, but when I find evidence for your type, I find improper to ignore it.
    Source: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...imeless-2.html

I'm curious and I have two questions for you:

1. Why is it your priority?
    2. Why do you find it improper to ignore such things?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to tell online - but I voted ILE- I used to think LSI was a strong contender, his stubborness and occasional idiocy seem more Alpha to me.

For every 7 or 8 retarded things that M. Piper says, he will usually come out with a gem or two.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because this is the reason why I'm posting on this forum.
    So, your priority on this forum is simply to find evidence for people's types and present your case? But why do you gather this information in the first place, and not only that, why push it? In other words, why "make a case" all together? What is the underlying reason behind all of that?

Because this is a Socionics forum.
    Fair enough.

P.S. I haven't voted yet. is obvious, and I think you come across very LSI with the , but then again, that could be simply the -PoLR. I'm slightly leaning towards ILE, but I'm curious to see your response back.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the fact that you re-type yourself, effectively admitting that your understanding of socionics previously was or (more likely) currently is hopelessly misconceived, mean that any typings you have made before the change are forfeit?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll reiterate this again:

Dear people who think Pinocchio is actually retyping himself.

He isn't.

He's trying to prove a point about going with consensus typings. He's mocking people who poll on their type, who use tests to find or confirm their typings, and who type themselves purely on the basis of what other people think their type is.

Trying to construct an argument around anything he says about himself right now is a pointless endeavor.

You're wasting your time.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I see pinocchio as the same type as me. Idek why I voted LSI.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post

He isn't.

He's trying to prove a point about going with consensus typings. He's mocking people who poll on their type, who use tests to find or confirm their typings, and who type themselves purely on the basis of what other people think their type is.

Trying to construct an argument around anything he says about himself right now is a pointless endeavor.

I thought this was obvious from the start? Guess not :/

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I voted ESE and that is my serious opinion. Seriously.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero

He isn't.

Weapon:

Target:

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post

He isn't.

I agree with Galen about your post in general, this is so obvious that I wonder why people are taking the thread seriously enough to enlighten others as to its nature.

This being said, the bolded is where you hit the nail on the head, I think. Consensus seems a big theme with Pinocchio, something he repeatedly denounced, suggesting it's a Gamma thing (ridiculous claim IMO) - yet at the same time, all his crusades against mistypings or what he considers mistypings, as well as claiming there's what he calls "consensus" over some of them, are in fact a work towards a consensus. He avoids "agree to disagree" attitude like plague, saying he has to fight for truth, even going as far as removing "mistyped" people from his friends list at some point, if I recall correctly.

Precisely the reason for my voicing an opinion on Pinocchio's type was to avoid creating false impression of "LSI consensus", which card he's played before even though it's obviously false that any consensus as to his type exists.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The consensus is 50% chance of LSI and 50% chance of ILE. Whichever he turns out to be (ILE that is), the consensus is 8 times as accurate as random choice (1/16 chance correct).

So if this was an attempt to disprove the use of consensus formation it can only be called an abrupt and monumental failure.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that I'm guilty for the polarization of the collective, who is so incompetent that can type me an Ne type or Ne-PoLR one at the same time, this happened previously with other subjects.
    They're two sepparate collectives, one competent and the other incompetent. But even despite being in conflict their combined performance is relatively high. Compare this to the distribution of opinions on Gordon Ramsey's type, for example. For him there is an equally great number of people calling him ISTj, ENFj, ESTj and ESTp.

It appears that we have only two methods for typing, public vote or throw the coin.
    Other typing methods:
    - using type descriptions that a certain percentage of the population subjectively agrees with (just another form of consensus reasoning)
    - evidence of the correctness of certain typings and or descriptions (not applicable to socionics its current state due to the inherent difficulty with proving statements and making predictions; only possible in a "laboratory setting")

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast