View Poll Results: Which description do you most relate to?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll

2 16.67%

0 0%

0 0%

2 16.67%

3 25.00%

1 8.33%

2 16.67%

2 16.67%

Thread: Socionics Test: Which description do you most relate to?

Hybrid View

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Socionics Test: Which description do you most relate to?

1) Te is efficiency of an action, technical processes, the accomplishment of work, the efficient and prudent use of resources, factual accuracy, and the acquisition of relevant and useful information. Te understands the difference between effective and ineffective behavior when performing a procedure or accomplishing a task, and aspires to increase the frequency of productive outcomes within a system.

2) Fe is responsible for the perception of an emotional state in an individual and the bodily and linguistic expression of emotions. Fe is able to influence others' emotional condition and to communicate its own, "infecting" others. Fe is used especially in generating and recognizing excitement and enthusiasm.

3) Se is responsible for the perception, control, defense, and acquisition of space, territory, and control. It observes outward appearances, estimates whether forces are in alignment or conflict, and uses strength of will and power-based methods to achieve purposes. Se understands territory and physical aggression. It is also the function of contact and apprehension of qualia.

4) Ne is responsible for understanding the essence (permanent but not obvious traits) of a thing, estimating the potential and latent capabilities for people and things, and visualizing the likely outcome of events. It is responsible for the sense of interest or boredom. Ne will speculate as to why an event occurs, but sees the specific event as static and unalterable.

5) Ti is responsible for understanding logic and structure, categorizations, ordering and priorities, logical analysis and distinctions, logical explanations. Ti interprets information according to how it fits into a validating system. Ti is particularly aware of logical consistency and how concepts relate to each other in meaning and structure, independently of particular purposes.

6) Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship.

7) Si is responsible for perception of physical sensations; questions of comfort, coziness, and pleasure; and a sense of harmony and acclimation with one's environment (especially physical). Si understand how well a person or thing's behavior agrees with its nature as well as the differences between comfortable behaviors and positions and uncomfortable ones.

8) Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time, the understanding of a course of processes in time, and forecasting. Ni understands how things may change and evolve over time and throughout history. Ni is acutely aware of events that are occurring outside of the immediate perception of the moment, and sees events as part of a continuous flow. Ni perceives the possible ramifications of future events and notices ties to the past. Ni observes behavioral patterns and can assess a person's character.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step 2: optional

For testing purposes, if you can't chose between 2 functions of the same ego block (like between Ni and Fe, or between Ne and Ti), then decide which of the super-ego functions you least relate to. You will relate more to your role function and least to your PoLR. (Then you can vote on the poll which is your real dominant function.) Simple enough.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne I guess, but they all seem like pretty stereotypical descriptions of the IEs imo.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    but they all seem like pretty stereotypical descriptions of the IEs imo.
    Orly? I would hope people relate still to the very basic, mostly objective sense of their dominant information element description here, so they wouldn't have to gather tons of information to come to a simple conclusion, at least initially. That's how a Socionics test should be, anyway, especially for beginners.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Orly? I would hope people relate still to the very basic, mostly objective sense of their dominant information element description here, so they wouldn't have to gather tons of information to come to a simple conclusion, at least initially. That's how a Socionics test should be, anyway, especially for beginners.
    Fair enough, although I wouldn't call some of these "objective."

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as objective as something like "external dynamics of objects."

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say though, I like the idea of Fe "infecting" others. It seems like an apt descriptor to me lol.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

At the moment, I can't find myself relating to any of them. I'll try again when I'm more focused and not as sleep deprived.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni>Ne>Te I guess. The "Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time" thing doesn't fit well though.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    The "Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time" thing doesn't fit well though.
    ??

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    The "Ni is responsible for the estimation of the passage of time" thing doesn't fit well though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Also the Ni description is poor.
    Two people mention this now. Really? This was one of my favorite descriptions here. It illustrates the Ni egos I know irl very clearly, and fits with how the description reads from aushra. (unless you're going with something more personalized?) Idk, I prefer it a lot.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So I'm a Te subtype. I thought so. Apparently Airborne is a Si subtype. Good descriptions.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So I'm a Te subtype. I thought so. Apparently Airborne is a Si subtype. Good descriptions.
    Do people salute you even though you are not in the army? Then you are ESTJ-Te subtype.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Do people salute you even though you are not in the army?
    Not often.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what's bad about them, I actually think they fit the people I've seen them associated with rather well, and they fit me well too. They might be a little more or less obvious for some people (I think that's what you're complaining about). No description is going to be perfect, but since Socionics is a system, a person should try to fit within the system and not try to manipulate it and create their own to where its noticeable that you're doing so . I also know that a lot of people have different descriptions for the IMs for some reason, like you for instance (and Dolphin actually fits with Fe in its more "normal" description ). The Fi one and Ni sound just fine to me. I don't think the Ti one sounds that much like a computer, or the Se one sounds like a controlling manipulator. Where do you get these weakly based impressions from? Yeah Ti types are kind of similar to their own personal computer, and might turn natural processes into computed processes, and Se types are often the more controlling people. I think that's obvious enough.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they're not mine, but they are accepted by a lot more people which I think is a plus. These descriptions and similar ones have always been around.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Yeah, that totally makes them more correct lol.
    No, only much less impotent and hypothetical.

TIM
    NotINotNNotFNotj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I selected the number seven without reading the descriptions, because I like the number seven.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    I don't relate most to any of those.
    I would find it a bit weird that you don't relate to any of these, because usually people come to a Socionics forum if they start to identify with the theory, and people who don't identify with the theory stay over at the MBTI place. What brings you here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te.
    LII

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti > Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Si > Fe > Se
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say I don't relate to any of them.
    I assume you already have it figured out then. Carry on...

So this is a club for MBTI rejects?
    I see it as more of an upgrade for those mentally qualified.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate equally to Ti and Ni, but I was more aware of the Ti side prior to Socionics, so I figure I'd opt for thinking. Also the Ni description is poor.
    The end is nigh