Thread: Reno 911!

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reno 911!

I think the show's cast is entirely from Se-Ni quadras taking the piss out on their exaggerated weaknesses, while having fun doing it. I think it's interesting that the characters' personalities line up almost exactly with type descriptions. I can use behaviors and stereotyped IEs for once and feel fully justified doing it.

Dangle: SEE
    Fi Creative: extremely friendly in a clingy sort of way. Always happy and positivist about everything. Comes on very strong when trying to establish new bonds since he's a bit oblivious to finer social cues (Fe demonstrative) and ends up looking ridiculous most of the time.
    Sort of dutiful.
    Constantly seeking advancement and promotion.

Weigel: ILI
    Fe PoLR: completely oblivious to social cues, including (but certainly not limited to) the subtle and non-subtle points of sex appeal, as well as how to "fit in" with groups of people in general. Basically oblivious to being made fun of by the rest of the department.
    Undeniably strange tastes and neurotic behavior.

Jones: SLE
    Fi PoLR: emotionally detached smooth talker. Completely immoral and self-interested. Ruthlessly puts his own needs above everyone else. Hides aspects of his personal life from others to avoid cross-examination.

Garcia: LSI
    Ne PoLR: Racist and sexist jackass. Not inclined to change his racist beliefs one iota in spite of being good friends with Jones (who is black). Completely unwilling to reconsider something once he's made up his mind about it in spite of clear evidence to the contrary.

Johnson: IEI
    Trashy, slutty, ditsy, attracted to jerks. Has her more metaphysical moments.
    Te PoLR: Pathetically easy to trick and manipulate just by giving her wrong information that sounds good.

Williams: EIE
    Si PoLR + Fe: Loud, obnoxious, environmentally disruptive. Constantly interjecting her opinions and trying to mobilize others when no one asked for it.
    Se HA: Likes to have control over people and loves to be an authority figure.

Junior: ESI
    Ne PoLR: A total redneck who is unwilling to trade his personal system of values/upbringing for something better.
    Has a typically closed ESI police officer expression that seems to have no emotion behind it and a scummy sense of personal entitlement.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-27-2010 at 07:16 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnson: IEI
    Trashy, slutty, ditsy, attracted to jerks. Has her more metaphysical moments.
    Te PoLR: Pathetically easy to trick and manipulate just by giving her wrong information that sounds good.

fuck my te polr and people that try and make off with it. If you are IEI please bring along a Ti type you trust if you buy something expensive or are choosing something important.
    Bought a car once...thought it was a bad idea. It was.
    i have to express fe and damn the te information to get past it.
    which "offends" people, which of course is often fake and poorly done by te types and makes me want to kick their ass.
    somehow this attracts more te bullshit and just confuses and annoys me

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these typings a lot. I have an online SLE friend who confessed he saw something hot in how weird Weigel is. I guess it's the "victim" in her. This also makes me a lot more proud to be a judicious type . What would you type the recurring troublemaker "Terry"? That guy is fucking hilarious!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only seen a couple of episodes, but I think most of your guesses are very accurate. The short explanation is also better than just throwing in the three letters.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I like these typings a lot. I have an online SLE friend who confessed he saw something hot in how weird Weigel is. I guess it's the "victim" in her. This also makes me a lot more proud to be a judicious type . What would you type the recurring troublemaker "Terry"? That guy is fucking hilarious!
    Oh, the gay stereotype guy? I would have guessed Beta NF for him just because gay stereotypes are supposed to be Beta NF. But I don't really know.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    - the gay boss - ILI
    Nah!
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't watched the TV series before, but I have just caught the movie on DVD recently. Couldn't get through the whole show and the movie makes my brain bleed. Worst Alpha show ever.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha I remember this show.

I liked Dangle and Trudy the best.