Scientific community -------------- Rubicon
    correct -------------------->>>>> banal
    :grr:
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh. that's the first time I've seen that emoticon used.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    So I think that BulletsandDoves may have Se PoLR. (Can't be bothered putting that in a labcoat-friendly way. :-p)

He avoids confrontation - seems to see arguing as a bad thing, whereas 'other' IEIs on the board (excepting Silverchris, who may be Delta :-p) apparently enjoy that kind of thing, or at least seem to see it as a point of honour to address conflict. B&D isn't in-your-face - the issues he writes about are - which differs from IEIs who are reactive in themselves. He focuses on writing excessively truthful stuff - addressing issues that are important to him. He then usually ignores people's reactions, and goes on to write something else.

In terms of his expression, he basically seems to be about being real - to the extent of facing one's darkest urges or w/e. I think this is a focus on Fi rather than Fe - and deep-held values rather than changeable emotions.

I think there may be an automatic association of Se with anything that pushes the envelope and unsettles people. Those uhh documentaries that force people to watch animals being killed or w/e to raise awareness for a specific cause - surely Fi?

His writings seem Ne-ish imo. He actually manages to address dark material in a light and fluffy manner :-p .. largely through his use of narration (which seems Te?) - which serves to continually remind the reader that they're merely listening to a story - keeps you from getting immersed in the drama of what you're reading. I think Beta NF would prefer to do the opposite - to get people caught up in the emotion. Also, there seems to me to be a heavily moralistic flavour to his writings. :-p Frequent breaks to outline the moral of the story - which further serve to dampen the drama. Speaking of which, I think the recent Adventures thread by GQ would also suggest that B&D doesn't like drama.

Erm, so what do you think?
    ESTj

Sometimes my duals say and do things that are harsh and they offend people with their "humor" style, but that they just want to be accepted for who they are. They don't want people to get upset at them or mad at them for their behavior...
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-18-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ESTj

Sometimes my duals say and do things that are harsh and they offend people with their "humor" style, but that they just want to be accepted for who they are. They don't want people to get upset at them or mad at them for their behavior...
    Who.. B&D?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B & D likes drama
    I think he'd prefer a llama.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What people don't understand is that Benefit relations are really very warm, they can easily be mistaken for your duals...

B&D, I really do think you're ESTj because you keep mistaking Dolphin as your dual because of the warmth I see here...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/659090-post21.html

There's a huge difference between ESFp's and INFj's some include the need for or the desire to receive Si information. ESFp's give Fi which makes my duals warm to that regard, but they have Se.

Dolphin is very clearly ESFp, so if you're attracted to her then you must either like Se or Fi. If you like Se then you're likely to be IEI, but if you are, then you don't show characteristics of Ni and especially coupled with Ti.

If you like Fi then you can be ESTj, because then you feel the warmth of Fi. Thus far, you don't show character ILI traits especially since they would be more careful in using Fi, to not offend people, which you have already done...so in essence you have either weak Fi or need addition of Fi, which is dual seeking.

I feel a certain sense of stress when I read posts, or when I speak with ILI types, because of heavy emphasis on Ni materials. I don't feel that stress with you. I have that ability or capability of feeling how words impact my psyche and they do very easily.

For Ni related materials I would suggest you try reading Ragnar's, Plynex's, and Allie's posts.

What you speak about empathy may actually be dual seeking, that regard for people who show good will towards others...you can read about that in wikisocion.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/643754-post3.html

SLE have this restraint about them, a uncomfortableness to show their crude side; they hide behind the mask of ethics and uprightness. What you guys call beta as being overly dramatic and such just doesn't ring true, because they are more about healthy compitition and Fe, not drama.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-18-2010 at 05:45 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes, Ti, you recognize it well.
    That's IEI, SLI, SLE so far if I recall correctly. Heh, don't make me hang you and shoot you three times

Define a word, set perameters.
    What ?
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-18-2010 at 07:34 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    That's IEI, SLI, SLE so far if I recall correctly. Heh, don't make me hang you and shoot you three times

What ?
    That's what Ti types do to make a rule/law/perameters to understanding logic; they set out to define a word and eliminate contridictions that would clearly define that logic.

I can "act" like IEI by my use of Ti, which is in my role function.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    ...and they like to point out what they see as contradictions (Non-valued Ti)
    That's what Ti types do to make a rule/law/perameters to understanding logic; they set out to define a word and eliminate contridictions that would clearly define that logic.

I can "act" like IEI by my use of Ti, which is in my role function.
    I know you can.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE have this restraint about them, a uncomfortableness to show their crude side; they hide behind the mask of ethics and uprightness. What you guys call beta as being overly dramatic and such just doesn't ring true, because they are more about healthy compitition and Fe, not drama.
    TRUTH. +100
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    No, I'm not. I'm not interested in who deservers what, but what's correct or incorrect. It's just you the one who takes typings as challenges between people.

Yeah, well I think shitty thoughts are dangerous.

This is how you prove your subjectivity. You say that I'm not in touch with reality, on the other hand you admit you don't know my reasoning.

I don't need your explanation. I can just look at your typing and know it's wrong. That's because I have a grip on reality.

All you observed is that I have a different opinion than the majority

No. I observed that the typing sucked. Didn't represent asston in the slightest.

- at least the majority "who matters", for example about Ashton. That's correct, this is what makes you a joiner, otherwise you would have said that I'm not in touch with the consensus, group thinking, or whatever.

No, I actually think very independently. Your typing sucked. That's the issue.

I offered you some of my reasons here which you didn't understand, neither bothered to.

Why would I listen to a bunch of bullshit which has no basis in reality?

With Ashton, I decided to not take on him, is there anything unclear? My decision is my problem, your judgement is yours.

I have no problem. Your typing sucked and I identified that immediately. No problem.

I have better reasons for that decision than trying to prove you that I'm not a coward, or whatever you have in mind. FYI, first of all, considering that I see Ashton as an Fi-valuing type - especially my Conflictor - I don't dream of convincing him of something. Second, the majority is currently overwhelmingly for LIE - the only "argument" that makes you confident and cocky - so there are no chances of convincing people otherwise at this moment.

No, I type asston as LIE of my own accord. The majority types him the same because that's the correct and most obvious typing for him. The social agreement you're seeing is incidental - not relevant to the typing process.

Not that there's nothing to be done right now, but I don't have the time, additionally time solves problems, this hysteria will fade and, in the future, right or wrong, we'll be able to discuss on less hostile grounds about this subject.

Save yourself time. I'm not going to read anything about asston being ISFj. On that note if Maritsa comes out and says you're ISFp I'm going to ignore her.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He avoids confrontation - seems to see arguing as a bad thing, whereas 'other' IEIs on the board (excepting Silverchris, who may be Delta :-p) apparently enjoy that kind of thing, or at least seem to see it as a point of honour to address conflict. B&D isn't in-your-face - the issues he writes about are - which differs from IEIs who are reactive in themselves. He focuses on writing excessively truthful stuff - addressing issues that are important to him. He then usually ignores people's reactions, and goes on to write something else.
    Well I've noticed, or at least I think I've noticed, that he may make off-handed comments at people without necessarily being direct, making retalliation kind of more difficult. I think it's a rather Se DS thing to do (IEI more so than ILI). I personally think that BnD in his inertia and boredom likes to come in and stir things up and create issues and I generally perceive him as feeling better once something is in conflict and once people are reacting to whatever he has said. I think he does kind of avoid conflict himself and is careful about what he stirs up to avoid getting burnt in the process (also seems like an Se DS thing to do, valuing Se but it being incredibly "weak" and all). I think he is "in your face" but just moves out of the way before you can punch him in the face (again, seems Se DSish) and flirting with danger and all but not enough to get pulverized for it. Now that I've basically said the same thing several times in a row...

As much as I'm afraid people will knock this, BnD seems to have a very developed and imaginative inner world full of every interpretation on gayness imagineable and things like Buffy and the First Evil and he repeats the same stuff over and over basically (whereas I would see Ne as branching out more on its topics/interests, not going so deeply and thoroughly into a few things as BnD does... I mean seriously his entire worldview seems to be about gayness... it has permeated everything). I also see BnD being edgy in his writing and going for shock value (going for shock value is really more of an Fe thing). And I don't think he actually ignores people's reactions but just doesn't respond to them (it's enough that they're reacting to quell his boredom/feeling of inertia). This is generally one thing that Se DS can do... when things are too placid they reach out and create a problem because it's so miserable being caught in inertia. However, they'll probably be careful so the consequences don't come back in an undesirable way (possibly focus on minimization of undesirable consequences). I also think the association of Se DS as being confrontational is over-rated as I suspect there are plenty of Se DS people in the world who generally avoid confrontation, staying more on the sidelines and observing it as their Se is "weak" and even if they value it they may feel intimidated or afraid to try to get involved if there isn't an out or something that can bail them out if they fail. On the other hand, I also think there are probably plently of Se DS people who tend to be overly confrontational and difficult most of the time. (I'm also really talking more about IEI than ILI as I think that IEI is more likely to be confrontational just to be confrontational, but maybe I'm wrong about that. I mean with Fe all is fair in love and war, but with Fi things may not be so easily forgiven, though this is just a speculation really.)

Anyway I didn't want to try refuting the rest of it, though I basically disagree, but it's not something easy for me to put into words because it's based on that I just "see" the Ni and Fe. I had in the past considered Alpha SF (which now seems incredibly silly to me) and EIE (but I like IEI better these days and was probably greatly swayed by those videos he posted way back whenever).

I could be wrong about these things and I don't claim to know BnD and I don't mean any offense by saying any of this, but it was kind of my current impressions.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    nice observations, Loki
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Another example of wise crazed in action.
    YouTube - SB You Suck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123