Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
In interviews she isn't anywhere near as exaggerated in her demeanor or behavior than in her music videos. She seems much more naturally relaxed and composed in many of the clips I've seen of her, which would have me think IP > EJ. On top of that I don't get the same spaced-out tinge to her as I see in Ni egos. Compare her to someone like Janelle Monae, who I estimate is Fe-INFp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFYou-c7HKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHDFWtlPo

What you're saying about her being an "actor, thus ENFj" sounds like an appeal to a vague and highly interpretable stereotype, and I see no reason for any Fe subtype to be unable to create and implement personas in the same way. Sure she may be highly aware of her characters (I'd be astonished if she wasn't), but it's pretty clear in her live performances that she plays up these characters for laughs. If I could find a video of her recent performance at the Grammys I'd post it as such an example.
no i have also watched lots of videos and interviews of Nicki and i don't agree that she is low-energy or go-with-the-flow enough to be considered Ip temperament. even if i am wrong and she actually is Ip temperament, i would consider IEI before i would consider SEI.

i am not sure of Janelle Monae's type and don't care to consider it in-depth atm, but i have gotten the impression before that she might be another Beta NF. so this isn't really proving a quadra difference to me here between these two women.

there is nothing wrong to me with considering the titles assigned to the types. they are not there just to sound impressive and be useless, they are names that describe the behavior and role in society that each of the types play. i am not going to type Nicki, a fiery-tempered person who does things such as writing a confrontational song calling a rival rapper a "stupid hoe" over and over again, as a "Peacemaker" type.

the entire point of typing is to categorize people, so obviously people must follow some type of criteria to be categorized (typed) a certain way. obviously stereotypes will be born out of such systems, but i am not trying to stereotype so much as i am trying to find the best way to get the pieces of evidence to fit. for example, another reason i can't consider SEI is because i don't believe Nicki is the type of person an ILE would need. an ILE needs a soft and gentle kind of person, to calm them down and to be naturally diplomatic - a description that does not fit Nicki. on the other hand, LSIs are energized by fiery, dramatic people like Nicki, so to me that is more evidence that EIE is a better typing for Nicki than SEI.

also i don't know why you're talking about me stereotyping, when you yourself give reasons such as "I don't get the same spaced-out tinge to her as I see in Ni egos" in order to dismiss an EIE typing for Nicki. come on now.