Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Nicki Minaj

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    In interviews she isn't anywhere near as exaggerated in her demeanor or behavior than in her music videos. She seems much more naturally relaxed and composed in many of the clips I've seen of her, which would have me think IP > EJ. On top of that I don't get the same spaced-out tinge to her as I see in Ni egos. Compare her to someone like Janelle Monae, who I estimate is Fe-INFp:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFYou-c7HKE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkAHDFWtlPo

What you're saying about her being an "actor, thus ENFj" sounds like an appeal to a vague and highly interpretable stereotype, and I see no reason for any Fe subtype to be unable to create and implement personas in the same way. Sure she may be highly aware of her characters (I'd be astonished if she wasn't), but it's pretty clear in her live performances that she plays up these characters for laughs. If I could find a video of her recent performance at the Grammys I'd post it as such an example.
    no i have also watched lots of videos and interviews of Nicki and i don't agree that she is low-energy or go-with-the-flow enough to be considered Ip temperament. even if i am wrong and she actually is Ip temperament, i would consider IEI before i would consider SEI.

i am not sure of Janelle Monae's type and don't care to consider it in-depth atm, but i have gotten the impression before that she might be another Beta NF. so this isn't really proving a quadra difference to me here between these two women.

there is nothing wrong to me with considering the titles assigned to the types. they are not there just to sound impressive and be useless, they are names that describe the behavior and role in society that each of the types play. i am not going to type Nicki, a fiery-tempered person who does things such as writing a confrontational song calling a rival rapper a "stupid hoe" over and over again, as a "Peacemaker" type.

the entire point of typing is to categorize people, so obviously people must follow some type of criteria to be categorized (typed) a certain way. obviously stereotypes will be born out of such systems, but i am not trying to stereotype so much as i am trying to find the best way to get the pieces of evidence to fit. for example, another reason i can't consider SEI is because i don't believe Nicki is the type of person an ILE would need. an ILE needs a soft and gentle kind of person, to calm them down and to be naturally diplomatic - a description that does not fit Nicki. on the other hand, LSIs are energized by fiery, dramatic people like Nicki, so to me that is more evidence that EIE is a better typing for Nicki than SEI.

also i don't know why you're talking about me stereotyping, when you yourself give reasons such as "I don't get the same spaced-out tinge to her as I see in Ni egos" in order to dismiss an EIE typing for Nicki. come on now.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what Ej temperament looks like:

Notice how engaging Tyra is, how her emotionality flows along with her words and it seems to be connected with her environment, with the interviewer. She is kind of the person who could make you smile by just smiling herself. Like her entire body is putting in the effort when communicating. Her energy when speaking is fairly high, fairly active, she talks fast and knows what to say and which gestures to make intuitively without much effort. This is because of Fe as the dominant function.

Now compare that to Nicki:

The manner of speaking is slower, less energetic, more detached. She looks inside herself when deliberating, thinking what to say next and remains inside herself, running over her thoughts. Her voice is monotonous, which indicates a more distant disposition, in stark contrast with Tyra. Her processing time is slower, even though the final product she presents is framed in terms of Fe. Although her movements are fluid, she doesn't move much, doesn't invest herself physically (I > E).

I'm describing what I see because it seems often what's obvious for me is not obvious for other people.

I don't know what you're seeing Starfall. EIE or any manner of extrovert is a ridiculous typing.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She is ugly.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    This is what Ej temperament looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvC2BtSzRBA

Notice how engaging Tyra is, how her emotionality flows along with her words and it seems to be connected with her environment, with the interviewer. She is kind of the person who could make you smile by just smiling herself. Like her entire body is putting in the effort when communicating. Her energy when speaking is fairly high, fairly active, she talks fast and knows what to say and which gestures to make intuitively without much effort. This is because of Fe as the dominant function.

Now compare that to Nicki:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho7lnT6vXHo

The manner of speaking is slower, less energetic, more detached. She looks inside herself when deliberating, thinking what to say next and remains inside herself, running over her thoughts. Her voice is monotonous, which indicates a more distant disposition, in stark contrast with Tyra. Her processing time is slower, even though the final product she presents is framed in terms of Fe. Although her movements are fluid, she doesn't move much, doesn't invest herself physically (I > E).

I'm describing what I see because it seems often what's obvious for me is not obvious for other people.

I don't know what you're seeing Starfall. EIE or any manner of extrovert is a ridiculous typing.
    first off i believe Tyra is not Fe-base but probably Se-SEE. i see what you are saying, but i think the differences that you are describing here i believe have a lot to do with Sensing vs Intuition. overall Intuiters are more in their heads and while communicating (like Nicki), while Sensors are more concentrated on responding the immediate environment (like Tyra).

i think you could consider more the kinds of things these two focus on or on their behaviors, instead of just on these impressionistic views of how they speak. i'm not saying this is irrelevant information, but overall, standing on its own, it's weaker than other forms of evidence.

nobody still has sufficiently explained why Nicki is SEI and not EIE: why she is an ILE's dual, why she is Si-base, why she is Alpha, etc. in a way i'm not surprised because imo it's a bad typing and there isn't much evidence to support it; i think its "validity" is dependent on propagating a warped view of who Nicki is.

another not-SEI quote from Nicki http://www.rapbasement.com/nicki-min...lick-here.html
    "Once I figure something is irritating people, I'm going to do it more," she says, smiling, "because I like to get on your nerves until you realize how fucking stupid you are."

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glam and other BM theorists like the krigweedians who can't move beyond shallow, appearance-based determinism that confounds mental phenomena with behavioral epiphenomena, you have zero business making claims about psychological theories. Your ludicrously color-by-numbers approach to typology is worse than simply preaching astrology, because it deceptively purports to be scientific when it is anything but. If you sewers of superstition have any hope for credibility among non-idiots, drop A. Augusta for B.F. Skinner and turn your stunted faculties to the study of rats and pigeons confined to laboratory boxes, not that of humans at large within the open world.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    Glam and other BM theorists like the krigweedians who can't move beyond shallow, appearance-based determinism that confounds mental phenomena with behavioral epiphenomena, you have zero business making claims about psychological theories. Your ludicrously color-by-numbers approach to typology is worse than simply preaching astrology, because it deceptively purports to be scientific when it is anything but. If you sewers of superstition have any hope for credibility among non-idiots, drop A. Augusta for B.F. Skinner and turn your stunted faculties to the study of rats and pigeons confined to laboratory boxes, not that of humans at large within the open world.

Stop hatin'
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    lol wth, "krigweedian"? Krig and niffweed don't even have similar approaches to socionics from what i can tell. and tbh, i happen to think whatever niffweed does isn't even really socionics, since he rejects so much of the theory (such as intertype relations) and has so many typings i completely disagree with. i can't take his socionics views seriously.

anyway, you're one to talk about faulty uses of socionics - i regularly see you make criticisms about socionics and talk about it like it's fantasy, only to turn around a second later and make definitive claims such as "Alphas suck at typing." you talk about socionics like it's a bunch of nonsense that can't be taken seriously, but then continue to employ it regularly, especially when you want to criticize or troll someone. which is it? you are always contradicting yourself and can't hold a real position - one second something is true for you, and the next it isn't. you're doing it right now, by criticizing me and my use of socionics, saying that it's worse than astrology. at least i can hold a consistent position and attempt to defend it. unlike you, i don't pretend socionics is both real and imaginary. have fun with your doublethink.