Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama's type (old discussions)

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Barack Obama's type (old discussions)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj.
    NiTe | Socionix

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Barack Obama

http://obama.senate.gov/

http://obama.senate.gov/files/senatorbarackobama.jpg

Barack Obama has dedicated his life to public service as a community organizer, civil rights attorney, and leader in the Illinois state Senate. Obama now continues his fight for working families following his recent election to the United States Senate.

Sworn into office January 4, 2005, Senator Obama is focused on promoting economic growth and bringing good paying jobs to Illinois. Obama serves on the important Environment and Public Works Committee, which oversees legislation and funding for the environment and public works projects throughout the country, including the national transportation bill. He also serves on the Veterans ’ Affairs Committee where he is focused on investigating the disability pay discrepancies that have left thousands of Illinois veterans without the benefits they earned. Senator Obama also serves on the Foreign Relations Committee.

During his seven years in the Illinois state Senate, Obama worked with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. Obama also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama enlisted the support of law enforcement officials to draft legislation requiring the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

Obama is especially proud of being a husband and father of two daughters, Malia, 8 and Sasha, 4. Obama and his wife, Michelle, married in 1992 and live on Chicago ’s South Side where they attend Trinity United Church of Christ.

Barack Obama was born on August 4th, 1961, in Hawaii to Barack Obama, Sr. and Ann Dunham. Obama graduated from Columbia University in 1983, and moved to Chicago in 1985 to work for a church-based group seeking to improve living conditions in poor neighborhoods plagued with crime and high unemployment. In 1991, Obama graduated from Harvard Law School where he was the first African American president of the Harvard Law Review
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some kind of superconscious type. Meaning, he has a good idea of who he is and is conscious of what he wants, but he's more than willing to let that perception change once he enters the energy track. He doesn't hold to what he believes as strongly as a normal type. (at least not to the point of getting upset with his opposition) In that regard, he's a lot like Jung: a person who has an innate desire for harmonius interaction with others.

Either an XXXj (superconscious ENTJ?) or an XXXx....

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a major Fj impression. He's good at adapting himself to the emotional situation at hand, and he's a good orator. Uses lots of emotional words, like "the Audacity of Hope". Not pretentious at all. Clearly states his opinions without hesitation. He also doesn't seem at all uncomfortable being in the public light. I'm thinking ESFj (like Clinton). As for Si > Se, talks about "surplus conflict" being created, in an interview here.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to think INFj is plausible.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Obama

ISTP IMO
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you get these typings, Dio?

He is nothing if not an ethical type.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Where do you get these typings, Dio?

He is nothing if not an ethical type.
    I come up with the types myself after reading what others have said. Mine are only guesses. Its' quite difficult to type people from news footage etc.

What type do you think he is?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethical & rational. Maybe INFj. I'm not really sure, though.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I also changed my mind regaring Obama being ISTP. INTP seems likely.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

instead of randomly taking a shot at the kid's type, i'm providing some more info below...

obama as seen by people who analyze his communication skills:
    " Senator Barack Obama – A shooting star due to his communications

Obama-mania! He burst on the scene with one speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. And he has kept up his impact in the high risk, high profile arena of politics – so much so he deserves to be the Top Communicator of 2006. Obama is one of the few politicians who’s one name captures the experience of the person, like Oprah, Bono and Madonna. And Obama might be the real deal. He looks his interviewers and public in the eye, holds himself tall, yet remains informal and humble in stance in posture. Yes, he is a real candidate for the Presidency. And to add to the exposure, he even has come out with a best selling book. So he’s smart, as well as a great communicator."

may i just suggest enfj (at least at this moment in time)?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope he wins in2008.
    Or at least, a non gop
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His personal aura is the strongest that I have ever witnessed. (and that's just from seeing him on television.)

Didn't most people on here agree he was an ENTj? INTp seems unlikely... He seems -extremely balanced-.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Barack Obama

Barack Obama's type - what do you think?

xxTx with good people skills, to attract the limelight and make "good impressions" as he does.

But Te? Ti? Thoughts?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Barak Obama: ISFj

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/spee...ama2004dnc.htm

Watch his eyes: he's paying attention to the crowds; his eyes are on them, carefully scrutizing their movements.

I think Obama is looking at the national feeling and sees too much antagonism. His cure for this is change, which can be thought of as +Se.

His weakness is his idealism... +Ne. You might not notice it, however, because he may be choosing not to use his weaknesses at all, so as to minimize their impact.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the trouble to read about half of his book, The Audacity of Hope, and to me it just confirms in almost every page that he's EIE.

He also seems to be a genuinely nice guy, by the way. A good person.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I took the trouble to read about half of his book, The Audacity of Hope, and to me it just confirms in almost every page that he's EIE.

He also seems to be a genuinely nice guy, by the way. A good person.
    If he were ENFj he'd be talking about plans; he next to never talks about plans for anything, only things he's going to "do" when he gets the opportunity. Plus an ENFj would be talking more about cash, don't you think? Obama talks about faith.

He looks ESI, too. I'm surprised you can't see your dual in him.

You also doubted Bush was SLE, despite his using the "fact" of Saddam's WMD to make the case for war against Iraq. (that's one SLE who only pays attention to fact when it can help him beat somebody.)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We obviously have very different views on what makes people ENFjs or ISFjs, so never mind.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How? I'm curious.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obama is one of the greatest political speakers ever, and I doubt an ISFj could pull that off, lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does have that whole Fe charisma thing, doesn't he.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    He does have that whole Fe charisma thing, doesn't he.
    Yeah, he's the new JFK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He shows a lot of Fe with a cause. Seems very EIE to me.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm yes I had originally thought LIE way back when, then people suggested ESI.. i thought about it but it never sat well with me. I will have to read his book myself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sense Beta for Obama. Probably ENFJ since he is always talking about how he has "organized people" for community service things.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You also doubted Bush was SLE, despite his using the "fact" of Saddam's WMD to make the case for war against Iraq. (that's one SLE who only pays attention to fact when it can help him beat somebody.)
    If that chimp is my dual, let me know now so I can commit suicide.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    How? I'm curious.
    Well it's essentially about him talking about his impressions and experiences on lots of things, saying how they affected him and trying to make sense of them - especially when he mentions a few things that he just "knows" are true and can't even begin to understand those who don't see it that way. He does not really discuss many things using facts or hard evidence; he says things like "when I see this and that happening -- and then because I've talked to this and that person -- I just get the impression that what happens is this -- " he does have views on lots of things, but he supports them with reasonings like the one I described.

Most revealing, though, is that early in the book he goes to the trouble of describing in detail a brief meeting with Bush, who was friendly and took Obama for a chat in the White House. The dialogue, as described, had no substance whatsoever apart from showing that Bush thought Obama had a great future in politics and he should watch out for attacks also from Democrats. In the book, Obama makes a point of distancing himself from Bush politically (obviously). Yet he seemed happy, not self-conscious at all, about having had that conversation with Bush and being taken seriously by him; also reporting how he was concerned about the impression he was making ("I hoped he wouldn't notice the food crumbs on my jacket"). To me that's a sign of one way how ENFjs show satisfaction with their hidden agenda: moving in circles of powerful, successful and famous people.

As an aside, he also reports how Bush deals with shaking so many hands: he uses a special hygienic gel which he also offered to Obama: "not wanting to appear unhygienic, I took some".

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Isfj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    I have considered Obama and enfj for quite some time now. I have never read his book, but my typing's mainly based on his rhetoric and his interactions with the crowds. That was until today - i believe there's a good chance that he might be an infp. Any thoughts on this? I have noticed that while his rhetoric is very powerful, his delivery style is very calm and subdued, quite fitting for an IP temperament. So are his interviews and answers during the debates and interactions with the press. He delivers humor with a very straight face. His speeches are leaden with imagery of an infp sort.

what do you guy think?
    I thought INFP before I thought ENFJ. He has a dreamyness about him that is totally INFP, and I think he looks more INFP than ENFJ. It is his writing that seems really ENFJ to me. (although I guess I don't know how INFP writes, just that he writes like my ENFJ mother). I can't see him as anything other than Beta NF.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm this is interesting, I haven't done any research into this matter so this is based on "first impressions" more or less, but I had typed Obama as ESFp, ENFj never occurred to me... Edwards was ENFj IMO
    INFp-Ni

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Obama's -Si is showing

Our charismatic ENFj wunderkind is losing ground to Hillary because he's too timid to throw a punch. He says he's just trying to get away from the "attack politics", but I think he's really just demonstrating Si issues. The ISTj Hillary is using -Si aggressively, driving a wedge between people and places and playing off their latent resentments... divide and conquer. Obama must realize that -Si is a part of life and something he must work to compensate for. People don't want him to throw a knockout blow, just to get back in the ring and throw a few jabs: they want a president who won't run from uncomfortable situations. Americans don't want Hillary because they perceive that her projection of the entire world as pretty much against her would endure throughout her presidency: by the end of her first term they would hate her even more than Bush. They respect McCain but see in him disillusionment and excessive caution... still it will be close between McCain and Obama if he becomes the nominee. It would be easy for Americans to choose McCain over Hillary and the polls reflect that. Although the economy will worsen Americans have no stomach for Hillary's tirades and would choose the pragmatic McCain over her.

The problem with consensarianism/communitarianism in general is its tendency to get entangled in foreign adventures. This can be recognized as a weakness of the ideosyncracy but neither McCain nor Hillary appear to be heeding it. McCain has already said he will not leave Iraq simply because it would be abandoning the Kurds to Turkey. (said this at a military hearing in 2006) "Our friends the Kurds", he called them. The bottom line is the Kurds are sympathetic to the PKK's guerilla war against Turkey. Anything to McCain that suggests reducing +Te ties will be anathema to him.... Hillary considers +Te her innate core and will be of little help to conservative governments around the globe. Hillary is too temperamental, too reckless to be executive of anything. Senator, legislator... sure. Executive, uh uh.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read what you wrote, but Obama's campaign is going to pick up and start counter-attacking Hillary's economic and foreign policy claims. I think he'll still probably win, but he needs to adjust his strategy to be more offensive, while maintaining his positive image. He should point out the Clinton administration's decisions regarding Kosovo and Rwanda, and she if she wants to take credit for that. He should also point out how she royally fucked up health care.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    He should point out the Clinton administration's decisions regarding Kosovo and Rwanda, and she if she wants to take credit for that.
    I find that bizarre -- didn't the elected President of the United States have a Secretary of State? How could the president's bloody wife claim the credit, or get the blame, for foreign policy decisions? Is she going to claim she was Bill's Lady MacBeth? Or has she already?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that bizarre -- didn't the elected President of the United States have a Secretary of State? How could the president's bloody wife claim the credit, or get the blame, for foreign policy decisions? Is she going to claim she was Bill's Lady MacBeth? Or has she already?
    She's claiming that her tenure as First Lady provided her with the experience to be president, and that she had an active part in the workings and dealings of the administration. She takes credit for all the "good" stuff, while totally ignoring the fiascos. She is such an unrelenting liar that it's no wonder she puts up with an adulterous rapist husband.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'ven't followed much of the campaign, cause it's a foreign affair to me. But my first impression is that he's actually ISTj. With lots of charisma.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post

Compare that to say, how Obama (ENFp) cringes a bit when someone criticizes him (even if it isn't totally obvious you can see a twitch or a facial expression for a sec).

Obama is not ENFp
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kensi View Post
    Obama is not ENFp
    obama is hope man
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)