Hi everyone,

Over these last few weeks, as my type determination has pulled me more in the EIE direction, I am deeply curious about an aspect of Beta NFs that has confused me.

Is it at all possible that Beta-NFs (and especially EIEs, although I imagine IEIs also being this way too) can be passionate and enthusiastic in general but not in an 'in-your-face' type of edgy way that betas are often described?

I find that I am most likely -valuing since I can be very much in tune with the feeling/emotional tone of people within a given room and especially those who I am talking to (in sort of a warm, people-pleasing way). I am also very sensitive to any sudden emotional changes that may suddenly come on. In addition, I am very much interested in abstract, conceptual, and mystical/spiritual-based topics. I find myself constantly contemplating about life, the universe, and everything (including my purpose within it). I believe that this also puts me in a -valuing camp. Despite this, I am not an edgy/extreme person in general.

The question is whether these characteristics generally can fit within the general mindset of a Beta type. Does a Beta-NF (by definition) have to be on the edgy side of things or is that merely a stereotype in general?

Could it be a more unanimous description of Beta NFs involve a deep-rooted desire to live a dynamic life...lived to the fullest in terms of their passions, imaginations/fantasies, and are generally driven in order to bring that life to fruition?

Let me know your thoughts about this.