TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V.I. people of the past

Hello,
    I would be really interested to know the types of some of my ancestors. Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about their personal traits because I never got to know them. But maybe there are some hints for V.I.

Here is the first person: (I have only one photo, sorry)
    Photo 1

Person #2 (son of person #1):
    Photo 1
    Photo 2
    Photo 3

If you have an idea which type they could be I'd be happy to hear it.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son looks Si/Ne, introverted, maybe EII.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Son looks Si/Ne, introverted, maybe EII.
    Thanks! May I add that Person #2 has a somewhat authoritarian personality, that's what I know about him.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Both are INTp in the following morphology:

and

Authoritarian?...may reflect some Se values of the Gamma quad.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-01-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

uh it's so annoying that people in old pictures never look right into the camera .anyway my guesses are:
    person #1 Ti-LII
    person #2 Se-ESI (The Traditionalist) :

Victor Gulenko

Characterized by luxury in their close circles, Can even be aggressive if people do not agree with them. Dutiful, active and hardy. In conflict situations is never the first to seek reconciliation. Can lead groups well enough, maintain discipline and order, and apply sanctions to those misbehaving. Demonstrate affection through their eyes. Businesslike and purposeful, gravitates towards administrative activity. Can give rebuff and marshal, if that creates a mafia-like structure, since they will easily recognize the results of this activity. Prefers a prestigious style of clothing, sometimes in bright, but unexciting tones.

Meged/Ovcharov

At times haughty, unapproachable and prickly; their face, from time to time, portrays a guarded expression. Benevolent and attentive, yet they keep others at a distance
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 05-01-2010 at 10:03 PM.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to both of you.

I'm not sure if both could be INTp, but it's worth considering. Your guess for person #2 Blaknet, sounds very correct, from what I know, especially Victor Gulenko's description of a Se-ESI. That would make him Gamma, which would also support your theory Maritsa.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He bears some resemblance to tereg.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't put much credit into VI, but take my attempts here with some salt why not. Father and son are probably both serious types, and I'd say that father is likely delta. That's what I'd vouch for, given only some pictures.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The end is nigh

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ freeze frame
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I don't put much credit into VI, but take my attempts here with some salt why not. Father and son are probably both serious types, and I'd say that father is likely delta. That's what I'd vouch for, given only some pictures.
    Yeah, I know. VI is not the most reliable instrument for type analysis, but I just wanted to hear some of your guesses... it would be possible that you all say the same. At least Person #2 was serious I'd say, but I don't know about #1. I only have those photos, but delta for #1 is not bad at all I think.

@ArchonAlarion
    Well, I guess a music video from pre-1960 would be more fitting. (even if it deals with the past) :wink:
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the son looks annoying
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    the son looks annoying
    In what way? There are so many possibilities to be annoying, you have to be more precise in your statement.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a fun idea. It makes me want to do something similar with some of my own ancestors.

These are just initial and flexible impressions:

My first thought for person 1 was, "he's scary looking". His face is sharp and there's something about it that could be cutting or relentless in purpose. Hm, maybe "relentless in purpose" isn't completely accurate, but maybe more like he did things he felt he had to do even if they were unpleasant or hurtful to others. He almost has a sneer. But his eyes are softer. Something about that first impression makes me want to look deeper, but since there's only one picture I can only get so much. I get the feeling that this man didn't get to always act in the way that was most natural to him, and that he had some hard stuff in his life. I'm going to say not Alpha for him, though. Maybe Gamma.

Person 2, the son, looks like he could be curious, inquisitive, perhaps fun-loving and outgoing, particularly in the older pictures. In all of them he has the quirk of a smile on his face, and in the standing pose he's got his hand on his hip in a sort of playful but not necessarily composed or purposeful way. He looks intuitive, maybe. My first guess might be ENFp, but ENFj might be possible, too. Or INFj, I suppose, though his expression seems rather open for that.

(By the way, I'm judging these pictures relative to how portraits were "supposed to be" or "normal" as per the time period. For example, back then you just didn't make faces at the camera like lots of people do now, so people who might do that nowadays - and thus show more of their personality/character/normal behavior - wouldn't do it then. The imperious and serious look was the preferred one.)
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your comment, Minde.

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    This is a fun idea. It makes me want to do something similar with some of my own ancestors.
    Yes, I also thought so. Just because of the intertype relations it's interesting to know.

My first thought for person 1 was, "he's scary looking". His face is sharp and there's something about it that could be cutting or relentless in purpose. Hm, maybe "relentless in purpose" isn't completely accurate, but maybe more like he did things he felt he had to do even if they were unpleasant or hurtful to others. He almost has a sneer. But his eyes are softer. Something about that first impression makes me want to look deeper, but since there's only one picture I can only get so much. I get the feeling that this man didn't get to always act in the way that was most natural to him, and that he had some hard stuff in his life. I'm going to say not Alpha for him, though. Maybe Gamma.
    I guess this not the best photo of him, maybe I can find a better one, but I'm not sure. My extremely limited knowledge about his life makes serious typing almost impossible, I know. But thanks for your interpretation.

Person 2, the son, looks like he could be curious, inquisitive, perhaps fun-loving and outgoing, particularly in the older pictures. In all of them he has the quirk of a smile on his face, and in the standing pose he's got his hand on his hip in a sort of playful but not necessarily composed or purposeful way. He looks intuitive, maybe. My first guess might be ENFp, but ENFj might be possible, too. Or INFj, I suppose, though his expression seems rather open for that.
    Well, he was a quite selfish person, who could aggressively defend his point of view. Kind of strict and strong-willed also, that's why I couldn't imagine him as a "Humanist". I would say he was an j and probably also introvert.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plynex View Post
    Well, he was a quite selfish person, who could aggressively defend his point of view. Kind of strict and strong-willed also, that's why I couldn't imagine him as a "Humanist". I would say he was an j and probably also introvert.
    Heh, well, I can't be right all the time. Though ENFj could still possibly fit... Did he like to joke around, though? Even if his jokes were just funny to himself?

While you're at it, is there anything else that stands out to you about him?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

1 LII
    2 SLE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde: I have always liked the way you describe people. Very insightful. =)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While you're at it, is there anything else that stands out to you about him?
    Well, unfortunately, not much more than I said... I'd say he was rather serious and not much of a joker. Maybe one interesting thing: He started smoking during the war, because everyone did. But when it was proven to be unhealthy, he immediately stopped. It's just a little anecdote, but I thought this is unusual when I heard it.

I also have found a old photo of both persons. It's small, but better than nothing: http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1272900980
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Minde: I have always liked the way you describe people. Very insightful. =)
    Aw, you're sweet, Eunice. But, haha, obviously not too insightful this time around. I seem to have got his character a bit off, at least in some respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Plynex View Post
    Well, unfortunately, not much more than I said... I'd say he was rather serious and not much of a joker. Maybe one interesting thing: He started smoking during the war, because everyone did. But when it was proven to be unhealthy, he immediately stopped. It's just a little anecdote, but I thought this is unusual when I heard it.

I also have found a old photo of both persons. It's small, but better than nothing: http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1272900980
    Person 1 seems a lot more relaxed. He might have enjoyed being around family and friends. But Person 2 seems more closed, detached, though I still can't help but sense some internal humor. But, eh, some signals are probably getting crossed, so I won't worry about it.

Photos are slices out of time, moving moments frozen. That's why context is really helpful to me. Someone could be smiling and happy-looking in a picture, but why? To what are they reacting? And so on.

Candids, where people are naturally themselves are probably best for VI, followed by old master paintings and sculptures, imo, heh. Although, neither are as good as simply observing and interacting with a person over time, because after all how much of a person's depth and breadth can you capture in one image? Still, even a small piece can be interesting and informative...

It's like a treasure hunt / puzzle game sometimes.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person 1 seems a lot more relaxed. He might have enjoyed being around family and friends. But Person 2 seems more closed, detached, though I still can't help but sense some internal humor. But, eh, some signals are probably getting crossed, so I won't worry about it.
    You could be right about that, at least referring to #2. He looks much more strict and vigorous than #1, I think. You can check the description of an Se-ESI (what Blaknet guessed) if you want, I was really surprised how many traits appeared to be right. Showing the unforgiving, vengeful side of the Gamma quadra and the ESI.

Photos are slices out of time, moving moments frozen. That's why context is really helpful to me. Someone could be smiling and happy-looking in a picture, but why? To what are they reacting? And so on.
    Yeah, I'm equally interested in old photographs, especially if they show people I know or knew. Once I saw a very old photograph of a little girl at her first day of school. There is a story about it. The girl thought it would hurt to be photographed and so she bite slightly on her lip and looked away, expecting the pain. You can see it in her face that she doesn't feel alright in this moment.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer