Thread: An opportunity to practice your typing skills

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An opportunity to practice your typing skills

Hello, everyone. I'm fairly certain of my type, but at the same time I know very little about Socionics, and so I would like to hear what you think of me based on the profile I'm about to sketch.

-I'm an INFJ in the MBTI and a 4w5 on the Enneagram. My J is weak, though, and as I've gotten older, I've come to lean more in the direction of Thinking and Five (in contrast with the emotional, and over-emotional person I once was).

-My main interest, other than writing and relationships, is philosophy, which feeds into both of those areas just as they do it. My favorite philosophers are Sartre, Nietzsche, and Kierkegaard, and my favorite branches are existentialism and phenomenology. I usually shun the more logical areas, since I consider what is called logic to be arbitrary, lifeless, and irrelevant to my goals in life.

-I experience a lot of veering back and forth between a state of cold, analytical detachment and one of generosity and expressiveness. It's like being two different, very contradictory people. The side I enjoy the most is my warm side, but it's also the one I find hardest to tap into, since it requires me to connect with people, which is something I'm often afraid to do.

-While I place great importance on emotion and good relations, I'm otherwise a very amoral person. I feel comfortable breaking rules, as long as no one gets hurt, and I reject conventional notions of right and wrong, going instead with what feels good to me on an immediate, instinctive level. This is something that most people never guess about me, since I try to project a persona that those around me consider reasonably conventional, so as to avoid unnecessary tension and keep everyone happy.

-The world tends to feel very surreal to me. It isn't an actuality so much as a vague impression with the same sense of pliability, if not nearly as much of it, as my private thoughts.

For now, that's all I shall mention. If you have any clarifying questions, by all means ask them, as I'm sure there are plenty of important things I neglected to mention, due to a lack of Socionics knowledge.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI I guess. Isn't everybody here?

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I'm an INFJ in the MBTI and a 4w5 on the Enneagram. My J is weak, though, and as I've gotten older, I've come to lean more in the direction of Thinking and Five (in contrast with the emotional, and over-emotional person I once was).

MBTI is something you should erase from your mind, it makes no sense whatsoever, and the descriptions are atrocious. When I first took the MBTI, it told me I was an INFj as well, seeing as the j and p dichotomies are different. So, when I read the description I was astounded by how much it wasn't me.

-My main interest, other than writing and relationships, is philosophy, which feeds into both of those areas just as they do it. My favorite philosophers are Sartre, Nietzsche, and Kierkegaard, and my favorite branches are existentialism and phenomenology. I usually shun the more logical areas, since I consider what is called logic to be arbitrary, lifeless, and irrelevant to my goals in life.

Your idea of logic being "lifeless" suggests to me that you need passion in order to really find interest in a subject. Passion is correlated with , and seeing as you have an interest in Neitzsche and Kierkegaard, I would say that you value .

-I experience a lot of veering back and forth between a state of cold, analytical detachment and one of generosity and expressiveness. It's like being two different, very contradictory people. The side I enjoy the most is my warm side, but it's also the one I find hardest to tap into, since it requires me to connect with people, which is something I'm often afraid to do.

You may be a logical type for that above statement, but don't buy into the idea that ethical types are good at connecting with people either.
    No matter your type, people are people, and sometimes it's hard to like them. Being leading, I can tell you that they annoy me more than anything else.

-While I place great importance on emotion and good relations, I'm otherwise a very amoral person. I feel comfortable breaking rules, as long as no one gets hurt, and I reject conventional notions of right and wrong, going instead with what feels good to me on an immediate, instinctive level. This is something that most people never guess about me, since I try to project a persona that those around me consider reasonably conventional, so as to avoid unnecessary tension and keep everyone happy.

All this tells me is that you are a E4 no doubt.

-The world tends to feel very surreal to me. It isn't an actuality so much as a vague impression with the same sense of pliability, if not nearly as much of it, as my private thoughts.

The world appearing surreal is more then . types might use this same language but they are more interested in the possibilities found in the surrounding world, as opposed to acknowledging the background of their surroundings.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    IEI/INFp is my opinion as well. Not only that IEI is the first thing I check when I hear about a MBTI EII, but you seem to relate to Beta values as well (eg. Nietzsche).
    ---

Yes, that perception of the world as surreal is an Intuitive Irrational (possibly Internal/NFj too?) peculiarity. So like ILE, IEI, ILI and IEE are the most like this, it's like things happen like in a dream being unable to really "be there", fully present. When I was very young I was annoyed by this, because I could clearly see people who could enjoy the moment (eg I remember one day in the 6th-8th grade or so, watching children in the schoolyard and meditating about this) - but in time I got used with the idea, then with Socionics I fully realized what was going on and now I'm very happy with the state of things as they are.

omg!! my big strong ILE!!!

hehe, your so good at this, you deserve a snack!

<Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio
    it's like things happen like in a dream being unable to really "be there", fully present. When I was very young I was annoyed by this, because I could clearly see people who could enjoy the moment (eg I remember one day in the 6th-8th grade or so, watching children in the schoolyard and meditating about this) - but in time I got used with the idea, then with Socionics I fully realized what was going on and now I'm very happy with the state of things as they are.
    Yes, this is something I experience all the time; I feel like I'm floating along in a cloud of fog, and I'm more in touch with a hidden realm of significances than anything that's going on around me. This can be frustrating because there are times when I genuinely want to drink in my surroundings and enjoy the beauty that most people take for granted, but on the whole, I prefer to live here than to live in the same world as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba
    You may be a logical type for that above statement, but don't buy into the idea that ethical types are good at connecting with people either.
    No matter your type, people are people, and sometimes it's hard to like them. Being leading, I can tell you that they annoy me more than anything else.
    I meant that more in the sense that I feel shy around people, since I fear they'll judge me, but yes, people can definitely be annoying at times.

Anyway, it looks like you all agree with me about my type (yes, you guessed correctly), so thank you for insights, and if any of you have some further thoughts, feel free to add them.