Thread: insight about se vs si

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default insight about se vs si

I've noticed Se-types on stickam have a distinct 'unnatural uneasiness' with their physical environment, like we're always paranoid about it and want to dominate it and/or run away from it, whereas with Si-types it's like they blend in with the woodwork and they just sort of organically mesh well with the energy of physical reality as a unified whole.

As such, Se-valuers look more personally powerful and celebrity-like, although not as internally comfortable. Se types also have a pierce to them, even if they are peace-loving people.

But this isn't so cut and dry. For example alpha esfjs look lively and 'out there' but that's because they still have strong Se despite not valuing it, which covers up the polr in INTj. Sooo a better way to say it is it depends on where Se is in your psychological blocks or whatever, but I'm not sure how to categorize it all yet. Though it's just very noticeable to me.

This can be objectively observed IMO so that's why it was interesting to me.

Perhaps:

isfp: blend in
    esfj: stand out
    intj: blend in
    entp: blend in

estp: stand out
    enfj: stand out
    infp: stand out
    istj: blend in

esfp: stand out
    intp: blend in
    entj: stand out
    isfj: stand out

enfp: stand out
    istp: blend in
    infj: blend in
    estj: blend in (perhaps enfp and estj are switched. Actually that might make more sense...)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

were u thinking about cox when u wrote this

I think u were
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    were u thinking about cox when u wrote this

I think u were
    What do you mean? I don't understand.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol I wasn't. =p At all.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isfp: dick in
    esfj: dick out
    intj: dick in
    entp: dick in

estp: dick out
    enfj: dick out
    infp: dick out
    istj: dick in

esfp: dick out
    intp: dick in
    entj: dick out
    isfj: dick out

enfp: dick out
    istp: dick in
    infj: dick in
    estj: dick in
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah maritsa it's interesting. I've had problems with assertiveness that I think all white middle-class geeks have, but I don't think I ever had a problem with getting somebody to do something if I really wanted them to. I guess I sort of always intuitively understood that if somebody wants to do what I want I have to frame it in a way that will benefit them.

Also power and force are bad buzzwords for Se because it just stereotypically makes Se as the 'raping' function or something. Although technically speaking, in all seriousness I have never been in society's 'good light' despite being empathetic and humanitarian good-faggy like, so I think functions are a big culprit at work here. Most people have always viewed me as the enemy or ambivalent. So I think maybe in all seriousness, people really did feel threatened or victimized by me in some way, because I just always did my own thing and wouldn't listen to authority. I didn't outright rebel against them, was much too soft for that, but I still refused anybody having any power over me. So it was like in this ironicway my softness was this very strong thing.

Eventually though I had to give in and listen just because they would try to psychologically torture me for not caving in someway. But they knew I wouldn't like torture or be evil to them in that way, I'd just always be cutely rebellious but it still drove them insane. lololol.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b&d was this revelation related to seeing se vs si valuers on stickam yesterday? no wonder you looked so mischevious you little creeper
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sooo a better way to say it is it depends on where Se is in your psychological blocks or whatever, but I'm not sure how to categorize it all yet. Though it's just very noticeable to me.
    If you were going by just that, INFp should be the same as INTp. If it contradicts observation, then there's more than Se/Si involved?

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are dix involved
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps:

isfp: blend in
    esfj: stand out
    intj: blend in
    entp: blend in

estp: stand out
    enfj: stand out
    infp: stand out
    istj: blend in

esfp: stand out
    intp: blend in
    entj: stand out
    isfj: stand out

enfp: stand out
    istp: blend in
    infj: blend in
    estj: blend in (perhaps enfp and estj are switched. Actually that might make more sense...)
    isn't this in the eye of the beholder? are you sure this isn't just the way you would look at things not how everyone looks at things? people who stand out for me are different than the ones who stand out for you. if you mean that some people are loud and talk a lot and are attention whores, that's different.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often