Thread: Betas and groups

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Betas and groups

I have a question for all you Betas (or more specifically Beta NFs) out there...

How do you feel (or manage the situation) when you are/feel out-of-sync with a group that you are a part of?

Do you try to leave it...do you stay and voice your disagreements...do you dissent from the majority opinion?

I'm curious as to your thoughts about this.
    Mike
    Enneagram: 6w7 so/sx (Tritype: 6w7/9w1/2w3 or 6w7/9w1/3w2)

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post
    I have a question for all you Betas (or more specifically Beta NFs) out there...

How do you feel (or manage the situation) when you are/feel out-of-sync with a group that you are a part of?

Do you try to leave it...do you stay and voice your disagreements...do you dissent from the majority opinion?

That seems like a crazy vauge question. But. If it's something I really don't agree with like racismmm, then I will say something. If it's general bitchiness, I'd get my point across by making a joke about it, so as to not cause tension. Or if it's a mostly Delta group, I am just more reserved than normal, being Fe creative.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny that you posted this--I'm currently part of a group that I feel very much out-of-sync with. And I noticed the SLE woman in the group seemed to feel similarly so we got together for coffee and strategized how to exit the group without making the other members feel bad. haha So now we have a plan and since we've discovered we're so much alike, she and I are gonna hang out more!

I think the reason we feel out of sync is because of general life philosophy and the fact that the others are boring. So it's not something that you can really bring up honestly in this case. You just have to kind of make up a viable excuse.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikesilb View Post

I'll say whatever the fuck I want, normally. But it depends what the context is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one core small group, and a lot of smaller groups I know. I can't really identify with any of them, but they're all slightly different enough that if I get bored or out of place with one, I move to another for awhile. Rinse, repeat.

I don't know if it's anything to do with type theory. I don't know much about that to comment on it well. I will put it in simple terms though and say they're mostly too white, career and family oriented, and republican for me.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I have one core small group, and a lot of smaller groups I know. I can't really identify with any of them, but they're all slightly different enough that if I get bored or out of place with one, I move to another for awhile. Rinse, repeat.
    Ditto.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.