Thread: Enneagram tritypes, fixes and confidence areas

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram tritypes, fixes and confidence areas

I believe gut types are secure about their survival and heart types are secure about relationships. It makes sense within my family (2 gut-heads, 1 gut-heart, 1 heart-head, 1 head-gut); we discussed it this morning. Does it make sense for you?

I also want to know what head types are secure in. The head type said something about business or business negotiations.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's more of a confidence in ability that has built up as a result of fighting against inherent insecurity.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Head types are primarily concerned with their views on reality, how their mental picture of the world is structured, their personal priorities, etc.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I think it's more of a confidence in ability that has built up as a result of fighting against inherent insecurity.
    My dad (2-6-1) was trying to convince my brothers (9 & 8) and myself not to be too confident about our ability to sustain ourselves, talking about his struggles as an example. I told him he had more trouble than we will because he's a gut last, that confidence and ability are type-related. Personally, I'm not worried in the slightest about survival. Any trouble I have will be with people.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm 5-4-something, meaning gut last, and I'm not overly worried about survival, although, I must admit, I'm concerned with it (i.e. always making sure I'll be alright this way). And I do have problems with people. Might be it's time to reconsider my tritype.

Not sure if it's head related, but I never understood fears some people have about technology (in general, not some particular aspect), or "these lawyers", or generally being outsmarted/lost like that. I know a lot of people who are much more intelligent than I am, and I'm not always confident when talking to them, but I'm not intimidated by challenges of the kind. This "they'll cheat you and there's nothing you can do about it, because it's not something one can understand" attitude never made sense to me. For whatever it's worth.

My father is a 9 - don't know tritype but that's going to be gut first anyway, I think? - and he's been usually better off than most, although there had been difficult times for everyone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I believe gut types are secure about their survival and heart types are secure about relationships. It makes sense within my family (2 gut-heads, 1 gut-heart, 1 heart-head, 1 head-gut); we discussed it this morning. Does it make sense for you?
    I think a focus on survival and relationships is more of an instinctual thing. Self pres seems more focused on one's survival, while sx is more focused on close relationships, and so would be more focused on someone's status in the community or something like that.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    I think a focus on survival and relationships is more of an instinctual thing. Self pres seems more focused on one's survival, while sx is more focused on close relationships, and so would be more focused on someone's status in the community or something like that.
    My dad is an so/sx and I'm an sp/sx. sp makes sense as better at survival, but how would sx and so fit?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so/sp would try to maintain a certain level of status in their community in order to ensure their survival, so so/sx would try to maintain status in order to fulfill their need for intensity, putting themselves out in the world, seeking love and all that good sx stuff. so/sx is the friendlier but more irresponsible social variant.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but sx is also about creativity and putting yourself out there--risking it all for the one you love. So you could say sx is the focus on creativity in a way.
    The saddest ESFj

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, but I'm least confident in my relationships. And I'm also probably a 4. And most confident in my mental conception of the world. Does that mean I should convert to being a head triad? Also, what exactly are the triads? 2-3-4 Heart, 5-6-7 Head, 8-9-1 Gut?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the voice out of the blue lagoon
    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Also, what exactly are the triads? 2-3-4 Heart, 5-6-7 Head, 8-9-1 Gut?
    yessss......... *blows smoke*

Creepy-male

Confidence in relationships: I know how to manage people.

Confidence in survival: I can live comfortably, the way I want.

Like so?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Confidence in relationships: I know how to manage people.

Confidence in survival: I can live comfortably, the way I want.

Like so?
    Yeah, though I was thinking confidence in survival was more along the lines of "I can easily make it through any sort of situation involving physical needs."

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what are head types secure about?

Creepy-male

this can be from alot of things... confidence in general is hard to pin down.

Even the instinctual variants (sx, sp, so) may play a role in this.

The instinctual triad only really mitigates the role of primal urges and how people manage them, not nessicarily confidence or survival.

I think for the confidence to provide for themselves finicially; sp first instinctual variant in general are the best equipped. There instinctual variant is concerned with preservation of things. They are hoarders and likely to get some kind of instinctual buzz off of saving money and property.

sx/sp are like this also, but their hoarding is more based around things that can ultimate provide for the sx element, since more emphasis is placed on that.

sp last types see the saving of finaces or the preservational instinct to be only of use when it really interferes with so and sx matters.

All these instincts; sx, sp, so are all interconnected really... its like sp influences sx and so and so forth.... so really they are always at play, our stackings just determine where we place the focus on them.... sx/sp/so has their instinctual hub in sx with sp and so as subsidaries, but they are all active and playing a role in life like a complex system.

anyways I'd say provisions deal with sp instinct... the types will dictate the style at which they handle things. 5's for example would wish to accumulate knowledge on finaces and saving, 6's would seek a very safe and secure and loyal place to save their assets, 7's would seek to spend money wisely to maximize their ideal style of life. 8's would shoot for power in the business and finacial world.... etc etc etc

Then consider tritype.... Each person is operating out of 3 triads to handle finaces... the head deals with finacial worries and anxieties... the heart deals with shame and worth issues concerning money and finacial status.... the instinct deals with the primal aspect of survival with money being merely a tool to exist and satisfy the primal urges.

Its really complex I think to break it down, there is definitally no obvious simple answer.

9's for example may be less materialistic because they want to repress the pain/anguish of having to survive. They may take on a more minimalistic existance, like a monk, in order to eliminate the primal urges of want and need associated with material things.

1's of course may focus more on their work ethic and stability, finding it important to satisfy their primal urges through a controlled method in society like holding a stable job.

8's of course are drawn to act decisvely to supply themselves with their primal urges of want and need for the material things. They can be powerful hard driven executives or criminals, or even just the hard-working person trying to survive and move up. IF they are the last their is this sort of drive to the top about them, rather than a stability.
    Last edited by male; 03-31-2010 at 06:44 AM.