Thread: Dual-seeking Behaviors, organized

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual-seeking Behaviors, organized

Can someone who is knowledgeable and skilled in this area please post a nice list of dual-seeking behaviors as per each type?

Like say EIE's dual-seeking looks like THIS (describe) and so forth, and just do it down the whole list of 16 types. That would be amazingly helpful!

SLI

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE dual-seeking behavior: Asking someone knowledgeable to explain things to them concisely.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Can someone who is knowledgeable and skilled in this area please post a nice list of dual-seeking behaviors as per each type?

Like say EIE's dual-seeking looks like THIS (describe) and so forth, and just do it down the whole list of 16 types. That would be amazingly helpful!

Well, I think your own post there is a pretty good example of Ti Dual-Seeking...

But just to clarify -- are you asking about how each element manifests in the Suggestive function, or how each type goes about trying to attract their Duals?
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post

yes:

dual seeking is not active seeking behaviour.

the gave the name dual seeking function because it get's lit like a lightbulb whenever you notice SOMEONE ELSE expressing that function.

since you are in a dual relationship, you must know what I'm talking about. Remember that you had to giggle at times when your boyfriend said something surprisingly interesting. That's when you get a hit on your 5th function. You don't actively use it, just passively. (it's an accepting function)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ENFp, asking a lot of Te kinds of questions. "I wonder what city we're driving through now." "How much air can you put in your tires without them exploding?" "What does that road sign mean?" Or "How do those walk-in tax places work? I wonder if it's a good idea to go there or if it's a scam."

Or Si, acting kind of whiny or complaining a bit. "I'm getting so tired." Or "I think my stomach is growling." Or "hug me!!"
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se: when they are so sure, so convinced about things. when they stick to their guns. when they are certain they are right (even if they're not). when they are resolute. I admire + kinda leech this attitude off of them

Ti: when they explain things. when they make associations, simplifying an idea to a form that my brain can digest.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEIs seek Se by asking for instruction and picking fights (with people we know won't hurt us too badly). IEIs also seek Se by going to places where there will be a lot of stimulation and a lot of clear cut orders/decisions which we know we can carry out and thereby be useful.
    SLEs seek Ni by reading stories, going to movies, pursuing overarching religious, cultural, and even political narratives, seeking sublimity. Every SLE I know loves overarching narratives and sublimities, be they in music or in religion or in literature or in other art. SLEs like to be persuaded or convinced, precisely because they are so hard to persuade and/or convince.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    For ENFp, asking a lot of Te kinds of questions. "I wonder what city we're driving through now." "How much air can you put in your tires without them exploding?" "What does that road sign mean?" Or "How do those walk-in tax places work? I wonder if it's a good idea to go there or if it's a scam."

Or Si, acting kind of whiny or complaining a bit. "I'm getting so tired." Or "I think my stomach is growling." Or "hug me!!"
    Really?? I thought that was more Si ego -like. My impression is that Ne types dont notice such things quite as well. e.g. If i'm tired or hungry, i'll get irritable or my thinking goes haywire and i'll get frustrated with what i'm doing or with someone I'm talking to before I actually notice that what i really need to do is sleep or eat.

The Te part i do agree with--I'm a googler for all sorts of random questions! And I wonder the same things about the tax places
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Really?? I thought that was more Si ego -like. My impression is that Ne types dont notice such things quite as well. e.g. If i'm tired or hungry, i'll get irritable or my thinking goes haywire and i'll get frustrated with what i'm doing or with someone I'm talking to before I actually notice that what i really need to do is sleep or eat.
    I recall realizing a while back that when I think of myself as ILI, it's because I'm depressed, and when I'm depressed, it's because I'm hungry.

On that note, I just remembered that I've been hungry for about half an hour, and should really go eat something now.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIIs seek Fe by responding favorably and excitedly to emotional energy; laughing at people's jokes, prompting people to tell stories and talk about themselves.
    LSIs seek Fe by doing or saying something provocative in the hopes of receiving an emotional response (SLEs do this too, but LSIs are more deliberate about it).
    ESEs, as we see, seek Ti by asking for concise explanations, offering information which they hope will be categorized and ordered for them.
    EIEs seek Ti by looking for clear-cut rules on how to do x, or how to do y (understanding a process). My EIE friend, for instance, is a director, and he loves his Ti rule about making clumps on stage, which is that the difference between a clump and a line on stage is that in a line, shoulders are uniform and level (on at least one plane), and in a clump, shoulders are non-uniform and random in how one person's shoulder will be in front of another's. How do you make a clump? You move people's shoulders around so that it's random how one persons's shoulder is in front of another's.

ILIs seek Se by asking for displays of capability, I think. I really don't know much about gammas, I'm realizing.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

The Te part i do agree with--I'm a googler for all sorts of random questions! And I wonder the same things about the tax places
    yeah, I had to learn to do the Si stuff myself from living alone for so many years. So now I notice if I feel frustrated w/ tasks, etc., I ask myself "am I hungry?" And then I eat. I really had to force myself to do it, but I'd realize I wasn't getting things done otherwise. Sometimes I will notice I need something, but blow it off because I'm lazy though. Especially drinking water. I'll be thirsty for hours w/o getting water, etc.

My ISTp ex doesn't always notice his own Si stuff. Often he'll get grumpy for a half hour before noticing he's hungry (and I tell him he is, and he ingores me, and then eats half of my food and then realizes). He is much more concerned w/ physical comfort like a soft bed, where as I don't care how soft/hard my bed is. I also will sit in weird postures for too long until limbs go numb, and he'd obsessed w/ his chair being perfect.

It's funny how we're not always perfect at even our ego block functions. The same way I can make a dumb decision about my future, despite knowing the possible Ne outcome.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    ILIs seek Se by asking for displays of capability, I think. I really don't know much about gammas, I'm realizing.
    So Se types are the most capable of things?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    yeah, I had to learn to do the Si stuff myself from living alone for so many years. So now I notice if I feel frustrated w/ tasks, etc., I ask myself "am I hungry?" And then I eat. I really had to force myself to do it, but I'd realize I wasn't getting things done otherwise. Sometimes I will notice I need something, but blow it off because I'm lazy though. Especially drinking water. I'll be thirsty for hours w/o getting water, etc.

My ISTp ex doesn't always notice his own Si stuff. Often he'll get grumpy for a half hour before noticing he's hungry (and I tell him he is, and he ingores me, and then eats half of my food and then realizes). He is much more concerned w/ physical comfort like a soft bed, where as I don't care how soft/hard my bed is. I also will sit in weird postures for too long until limbs go numb, and he'd obsessed w/ his chair being perfect.

It's funny how we're not always perfect at even our ego block functions. The same way I can make a dumb decision about my future, despite knowing the possible Ne outcome.
    you broke up with him??? :frown: I'm so sorry to hear that. . .

Yeah i'm exactly the same way with eating and thirst as you described above (including the lazy part ).

Maybe Si-DS manifests in various sorts of ways because I am extremely picky about my sleeping comforts--I can only sleep well in my own bed, with the fan on to drown out sudden noises, at a comfy temperature (which varies), in complete darkness, with the knowledge that there aren't any insects that will crawl on me. Because of this I tend to not want to travel (even though I love exploring new places and cultures) because I can never get a good night's sleep elsewhere. Meanwhile the SLI i knew is able to make himself comfortable anywhere (from what I could tell).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    since you are in a dual relationship, you must know what I'm talking about. Remember that you had to giggle at times when your boyfriend said something surprisingly interesting. That's when you get a hit on your 5th function. You don't actively use it, just passively. (it's an accepting function)
    The base function is accepting too.

Any desire will eventually result in behaviors intended to meet that desire. But at that point this becomes a question relevant to current culture and the like, which makes it rather difficult to answer.

The fact that she isn't actually asking about the seeking function makes it easier, I suppose...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jarno makes an interesting point, in that I never from experience could pick up on any "seeking" activity, that dual-seeking was never the term I would use, but accepting, welcoming, or more along the lines of appreciating, loving, and needing.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    The base function is accepting too.
    yes, but not uncounscious. accepting is passive uncounscious is passive. dual seeking is extremely passive. all that bull crap about how people seek is just pure speculation. When you start observing how it manifests in yourself, you'll notice you don't actively seek, you just light up when noticing it in others.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    yes:

dual seeking is not active seeking behaviour.

the gave the name dual seeking function because it get's lit like a lightbulb whenever you notice SOMEONE ELSE expressing that function.

Does person A giggle when their dual (person B) fulfills person A's DS function, or does person A giggle when person B shows the weaknesses associated with person B's DS function? Or both?

I.e. does the DS function of person A make person B attracTED as well as attracTIVE to person A?

p.s. I think it IS possible to state manifestations of a DS function, because its' weakness does result in specific behaviors.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people would be less prone to giggle; I can think of times when I had the urge to giggle (for approximately the reason described in this thread), but I kept silent and considered by lack of an answer (with a slight smile on my face - this is what I tend to read :redface: as) to mean the same thing. I would describe those situations as... being pleased by whatever teasing had just taken place, but not having any idea how to proceed. The teasing would have been directed at me, otherwise I wouldn't have felt the need to respond at all.

So, WorkersAnon, I would say that it's both. Giggling indicates a sort of pleased vulnerability (super-id?); someone who is pleased and not vulnerable (ego?) can congratulate more directly, whereas someone who is vulnerable but not pleased (super-ego?) will probably hasten to build a wall.

Following that pattern, the id would correspond to "not vulnerable and not pleased," which would probably result in either retaliation or aloofness.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari