Thread: Differences between mirror types SLI-ISTp and LSE-ESTj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana View Post
    he can become quite mired in just a single piece of work he should normally be able to do, unable to see what's important to finish the design enough for its purpose within the time alotted
    I'm really bad about this. I focus on doing each thing perfectly, even at the expense of not being able to get as much done in a given amount of time. It can be a real problem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'm really bad about this. I focus on doing each thing perfectly, even at the expense of not being able to get as much done in a given amount of time. It can be a real problem.
    I love meticulous work.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SLI and LSE

These are the two ways in which they are different from my real life experience. Usually sli are personally sensative to how others approach them in public. Twice I've known an sli who almost got into a public quarrel because they confronted people by saying "what are you looking at? Did you see that guy looking atme?" Just ppickeing a fight out of no where with low social awareness. Not all sli are like this. My sli cousins are extremely mellow and relaxed. Lse as a rule never do this. Also if I were to text an sli at work, they would often turn the phone down but not chew my ass out for interrupting them. How they come off at work seems to matter way more to lse. Lse are more likely to tell not ask that when you texted them they were in a meeting and how it was so interruptive that thwy had to turn it off...more of a rant. I think what makes sli and lse seem so familiar is that both rant just sli rant more about how unproductive someone is or is being around them because they are lazy and look for the other person to do things. I never get a rant from an lse for being relaxed around them. I'm never put to work but rather talk to them as they are working.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not terrible:

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esq View Post
    This is not terrible:

"Hey guys, it's Lizzy!!!! I'm really excited... "

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The differences between all the mirror types is like this. They look similar in theory but very, very different in practice, and getting them mixed up means you really just don't know what you're doing. (Really anything in that thread works as an example.)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "Hey guys, it's Lizzy!!!! I'm really excited... "

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kalinoche View Post
    Notwithstanding psychological disorders...she is ESE.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirrors are the most commonly mistaken i would think.

They almost lay next to eachother on a continuum.

Most obvious is the extravert/introvert dichotomie.

SLI is cool, more silent, LSE is more energized, dominantly present.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find LSEs follow too many arbitrary rules. The teachers pet type. Also as an SLI I have zero desire to control others. You're thinking about LSIs who are "se" pushy.
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni Role vs Ni PoLR
    Fe Role vs Fe PoLR
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Ni Role vs Ni PoLR
    Fe Role vs Fe PoLR
    not practically feasible to distinguish directly by looking at placement-specialized and thus more tentative manifestations of functions, besides the basics of strong vs. weak, valued vs. non-valued. the manifestation of the leading can be seen primarily generally, in the attitude (E/I) and the P/J dichotomy. other things are either too subtle or too speculative to be regularly useful in distinguishing
    to distinguish: E vs. I, P vs. J; ITR
    Last edited by nifl; 04-26-2023 at 09:56 AM. Reason: precision

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    not practically feasible to distinguish directly by looking at placement-specialized and thus more tentative manifestations of functions, besides the basics of strong vs. weak, valued vs. non-valued. the manifestation of the leading can be seen just generally, in the attitude (E/I) and the P/J dichotomy. other things are either too subtle or too speculative to be regularly useful in distinguishing
    to distinguish: E vs. I, P vs. J; ITR
    PoLR is pretty clear

E vs I isn't always obvious except for the point that extroverts expend more energy than introverts , as for things like openness to strangers ,number of friends, etc., in this case ExFx types will get typed as extroverts while the rest of the types will be more introverted (with exceptions of course )

j vs p I talked about it here in terms of changing decisions/opinions quickly , other terms explainedhere

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    Also as an SLI I have zero desire to control others.
    Control means: to perceive + to influence with an intention.

Main control happens from 1-2 functions where are main attention, interests, assurance to perceive, decide and influence. What happens with other people too, because of your dependency from what happens with them and what they do, because of a compassion to care about them, because you care about other ones who depend from them, because of fun from the process.

While you have some F type.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Control means: to perceive + to influence with an intention.

Main control happens from 1-2 functions where are main attention, interests, assurance to perceive, decide and influence. What happens with other people too, because of your dependency from what happens with them and what they do, because of a compassion to care about them, because you care about other ones who depend from them, because of fun from the process.

While you have some F type.
    This makes no sense please learn some proper english or use chat gpt to translate your bad english.SLIs are generally peaceful and democratic they dont control others unless it's an emergency. No I'm not an F Type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    PoLR is pretty clear
    Clear is many mistakes in types, what means often trouble to distinguish what function is stronger in a pair. Which function is stronger among strong and weaker among weak ones is additionally harder to understand.
    Besides clear is that by Jung weakest is not "polr" and there is nothing good to disagree with this.

Also clear is that good fantasy and the lack of competence in types may create an impression of being clear for any nonsense.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Clear is many mistakes in types, what means often trouble to distinguish what function is stronger in a pair. Which function is stronger among strong and weaker among weak ones is additionally harder to understand.
    Besides clear is that by Jung weakest is not "polr" and there is nothing good to disagree with this.

Also clear is that good fantasy and the lack of competence in types may create an impression of being clear for any nonsense.
    Again, you assumed something that didn't exist, when will you get to the point where you understand not to depend on your guesses because they're so bad and unfounded?

I'm not talking about Suggestive in any way, if you read my original comment and think a little bit you'd realize I'm comparing PoLR to Role , I'm talking about Super Ego functions

If you want to compare them based on their weakest function, it's up to you, what do I even have to do with you? , but my comment doesn't compare them in the first place

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Ne they work to play, ESTJs, and SLI works for comfort.

The first line is work compulsions to organize, and enjoying the possibilities that present itself from extraveted intuition. Ne also gives new opportunities for different approaches to lifestyles and work choices.

That's how i see it in my family play out.

Si in ESTJs is used for organizing the facts and keeping the house clean, and excellent food choices.

Black & white is a shallow divide, division is the color that multiplies

If you can wash your brain, your brain isn't a wash, it is awash

To experience is simple, to explain is divine

Hearts of stone are a dead giveaway: no movement

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by To B or to B View Post
    With Ne they work to play, ESTJs, and SLI works for comfort.

The first line is work compulsions to organize, and enjoying the possibilities that present itself from extraveted intuition. Ne also gives new opportunities for different approaches to lifestyles and work choices.

That's how i see it in my family play out.

Si in ESTJs is used for organizing the facts and keeping the house clean, and excellent food choices.
    I don't even think Estjs like cleaning. lol

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    getting them mixed up means you really just don't know what you're doing. (Really anything in that thread works as an example.)
    Not really, it becomes much harder to distinguish an IEE-Fi for example, from an EII-Ne.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345