Thread: Waiting until the last few minutes to do things

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Waiting until the last few minutes to do things.

I almost always play chicken with time itself always cutting things very very thin. While others get all their jobs done first.

Is this type related ?

Creepy-male

Probably only to the degree where you can go through each type and say "likely to do this" or "not likely to do this".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MOP View Post
    Is this type related ?
    It is.
    Last edited by Trevor; 07-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Probably only to the degree where you can go through each type and say "likely to do this" or "not likely to do this".
    Yup. I believe it's -related.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been listening to adam carola's podcasts, and at the beginning of each show he says "get it on, got to get it on, no choice but to get it on". It's become my mantra in times of laziness. it's like Se power.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost always play chicken with time itself always cutting things very very thin. While others get all their jobs done first.

Is this type related ?
    I do this with things I don't like, like sociology homework (what a useless subject).

When I enjoy the task or am indifferent to it, I tend to do it right away.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wait until the last minute with nearly everything.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I tend to procrastinate a lot, but not out of laziness or apathy. For me it's mostly due to overthinking how I should do things, the most effective/efficient way to approach it, spending too long deciding where I should probably maybe start etc. Help in this area would actually be useful.

But when it comes to finally doing the work, I am more than capable of pushing myself to do things I don't enjoy but need to be done. Actually, when I'm done procrastinating I usually end up doing the worst things first just so I can stop worrying/obsessing/stressing about them.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this type related ?
    Hello, welcome to me-town, population me. Work does not happen until work has to happen to avoid imminent failure/doom/destruction of all my hopes and dreams, etc. So yeah, me. It can be associated with strong Ni, possibly, because we know when we absolutely have to start in order to finish. I always wake up with just enough time to finish the paper and only be 10 minutes late for class ('cause, you know, that's the max, beyond that you're pushing it).

But yes, only mildly type related, as circumstances and habit have a much stronger effect on this than type.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes with boring school papers I find that I have no motivation to do them until the last day or two. The fast-approaching deadline kicks me into gear and I power through the assignment.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is this type related ?

Yes.
    INTp's get everything done on time.
    ESFp's are hard workers so stress out if they miss something that needed to be done but that they didn't have time to get to it.
    INFj's do everything the last one second.

and on....
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a stereotypically irrational trait to me.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this and generally associate it with irrationality + introversion in my case. I don't think I "play chicken" with time... it's just more that I put everything off until the last minute because when it comes it can push me into gear. If it doesn't, then there have been shifting priorities and a declaration of "screw it" has been made somewhere along the line. Most things can always be pushed off further unfortunately.