Thread: How do ISFps deal with conflict?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do ISFps deal with conflict?

Hey, so, I have a friend (dating an ILE) and I'm trying to determine if he's SEI or EII. My first intuition was SEI. He VIs SEI and he can be very emotionally expressive. In fact, one of the reasons I thought Fe-creative for him is because, like me, he is very emotionally expressive (big facial expressions and the like) in general interaction, but when he is concentrating on something, he isn't as emotionally expressive.

I'm certain he's either SEI or EII because he *clearly* doesn't value Se, is a clear introvert, and is a clear feeling type.

My big question is: how do SEIs deal with conflict, and to what degree are they interested in "everybody getting along"? I thought SEI for this guy because of the reasons given above, especially the bit about not valuing Se, and because he's in a very happy relationship (it seems) with an ILE. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that he's very interested in keeping people happy, keeping tempers down, keeping things calm, etc. Now, I know this can be associated somewhat with Si (relaxation and such), but it can also be related to Fi and Se polr. So... thoughts?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that he's very interested in keeping people happy, keeping tempers down, keeping things calm, etc. Now, I know this can be associated somewhat with Si (relaxation and such), but it can also be related to Fi and Se polr. So... thoughts?
    It's what SEIs do. I think it's Fe.

Creepy-male

Fi bases have Fe ignoring, so they're much less interested in controlling how they come across to others, even to the point of abandoning diplomacy, which is something you're unlikely to see an SEI do (it's taken some big personal hurt to push me to not caring how I come across and just releasing my emotions unmitigated).

And yes, I'm with tuturututu. I would say it's related to Fe (and specifically Fe creative), much moreso than Si. Therein may be the source of your confusion between whether you're dealing with an EII or an SEI. Don't forget, IEIs can equally be seen to be "diplomats" like their Business relatives.

I will add, perhaps the goals in Fe-creative diplomacy are marked by Quadra values. The base function there would provide the impetus: Ni demands avoidance of tactical stupidity (say, by making enemies in a rapidly splintering social environment), Si demands the quelling of conflicts disrupting its relationship with its world.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, so, I have a friend (dating an ILE) and I'm trying to determine if he's SEI or EII. My first intuition was SEI. He VIs SEI and he can be very emotionally expressive. In fact, one of the reasons I thought Fe-creative for him is because, like me, he is very emotionally expressive (big facial expressions and the like) in general interaction, but when he is concentrating on something, he isn't as emotionally expressive.
    The bolded describes me very well.

However, in terms of conflict, I never want people to be angry at me or anything. I tell you time and time again, my mother used to always say "When you were like 3-4 and were mischievous, you would always ask "Are you mad at me mommy?" when you would do something wrong." Even today, when I criticize someone, I hold the hope in my heart that we can still have cordial relations.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent. Problem solved. Case Closed. Thank you, alphas! I had forgotten about that whole super diplomatic Fe-creative business. Alright! Now I have two members of my a capella group typed (not including me). I think that means twelve or so to go. Yay!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.