Thread: Anger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anger

How often do you get angry?
    What kind of things tend to make you angry?
    How do you react to/ deal with that anger?

...And what's your type?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm I rarely get angry, I more prone to be irritated by things than anything.
    A general lack of consideration for myself or/and others is generally what bothers me the most. This can involve anything from not considering my physical comfort/well being to harassing myself or people

For the most part, when I'm angry with someone I'll just tune them out and act moody around them, I usually can't be bothered to deal with them any other way. I think I'm pretty good at containing negative emotions and considering the consequences if I don't, though I'm only human and can only take so much.

If I'm being provoked I may yell at the person in question, which usually is followed by me crying and walking away.
    I've never had any violent interactions when I've been upset. The furthest I've gone was throw something at a wall, not aimed at anybody.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Creepy-male

I get angry very infrequently.

As of late, it's been one thing alone, which I shan't detail.

I usually express anger with a variety of passive outlets, like complaining to people rather than confronting the issue. This is as bad as actively getting "angry" in the conventional sense of the term, because you get more and more tangled up in your emotions without really getting a chance to address and be rid of them.

SEI, imo.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sort of always primed to get angry about little things, especially people not driving fast enough or doing other comparably stupid things...I have to vent my frustrations or I begin to feel hollow and shitty. For a long time I held it all in and thought I was a really calm, controlled person, but really I was just repressing it

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well frustration should be differentiated from rage. I've become frustrated many times in the past and will no doubt be so again, and usually express myself through a temper tantrum.

I've learned to control my rage. Conservative extremists, I have come to understand, deliberately create conditions for rage as a means of trapping their opponents. Control your rage, and conservative extremism loses all of its bite. It still has its bark, but an enraged person's defenses are all too easily pierced. Still, one must not give in to eagerness, either, because this too can be exploited.

Rage and overreaction are conceived of by ENFjs, I think. Only sociopaths, though. I think it's the prohibition of rage-based politics in European countries which has resulted in the more moderate and sensible politics of those countries compared to the United States, where the ballot box remains an outlet for rage. In Europe you can't easily organize people on basis of rage, because a lot of those people will only feel rage over ethnic issues. Such organizations are forbidden and as such the Right is permanently demobilized and centered. (the way it should be) In the U.S. the Aryan Nation can arrange for its members to go to the ballot box en mass, and as such the Republican Party keeps still its racist tinge.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Well frustration should be differentiated from rage. I've become frustrated many times in the past and will no doubt be so again, and usually express myself through a temper tantrum.

I've learned to control my rage. Conservative extremists, I have come to understand, deliberately create conditions for rage as a means of trapping their opponents. Control your rage, and conservative extremism loses all of its bite. It still has its bark, but an enraged person's defenses are all too easily pierced. Still, one must not give in to eagerness, either, because this too can be exploited.

Rage and overreaction are conceived of by ENFjs, I think. Only sociopaths, though. I think it's the prohibition of rage-based politics in European countries which has resulted in the more moderate and sensible politics of those countries compared to the United States, where the ballot box remains an outlet for rage. In Europe you can't easily organize people on basis of rage, because a lot of those people will only feel rage over ethnic issues. Such organizations are forbidden and as such the Right is permanently demobilized and centered. (the way it should be) In the U.S. the Aryan Nation can arrange for its members to go to the ballot box en mass, and as such the Republican Party keeps still its racist tinge.
    Are you a commie?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* I'm massively repressed so I rarely get angry. When I do, I tend to deal with it very privately, but very dramatically.

Actually, no, that's a lie.

I have two kinds of anger. Vague generally frustration, I had a bad day and I don't understand why, it's not fair kind of anger, which causes me to seethe and complain and generally if someone will just let me whine at them for a while and say that it really is unfair, my life really does suck, blah blah blah, etc. I'll feel better. This normally happens when I don't have enough energy to do all that I need to do, or when I have WAY too much work, or when I don't get a part that I want in a play or a grade that I want on a test, etc. I mean, obviously, I don't flip out about every little thing, but if it's a lot of little things like that that I really wanted and didn't get (or things that I want to do, like relax, but can't b/c of work), I get frustrated. And I mean, I yell at bad drivers on the road, or laugh at people when they act really stupid, but that's just, I dunno, talking, I'm not really angry in those situations.

Then I have real anger which is generally a result of a specific action by a specific person. That I deal with by myself and dramatically. My favorite example is when I chewed one of those little foil yogurt tops. I think I mentioned that on another thread on a somewhat similar topic. Things that make me angry are basically being told what to do/controlled and feeling powerless. I tend to compose grande speeches in my head telling off the person I'm angry with, but never actually recite them. Sometimes I try subtle means of making them unhappy. But really, there are plenty of situations where I just don't have any means of fighting back that I'm comfortable employing.

An example of this is one time when I was at a friend's party, and there was a group of people that were kind of being "wild and crazy" and just doing random stuff and having fun, and I was hanging with them, and it was a very charged, energetic atmosphere, etc., Well, then this friend comes along and wants to do something chill and watch a movie and I hate watching movies because I can watch a movie by myself, why would I do that at a party, etc. So I'm still trying to have fun and be sort of crazy, and the friend (who, granted, I was clearly annoying) turns to me and says, "maybe it's time for you to leave." And now, it's his house so he can totally kick me out, completely valid. And if I had been driving, I would gladly have spun on my heels and left, and it would've been fine. But I couldn't 'cause I didn't have a driver's license yet (unlike all my friends) and so I'd have to call my parents and wait an hour for them to get there, etc. So the combination of being told what to do AND being powerless in that situation basically resulted in me being internally furious for the rest of the night, after I went home, chewing foil, etc. Stuff like that only happens fairly rarely, but I generally remember it forever, can impact my relationship with the person for a very long time, etc.

So yeah, I pretty much either have very superficial I want to whine anger or deep, I have issues with this person now anger, and basically nothing in between. Not sure if this is type related or neurosis related, but IEI.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by energystar; 03-01-2010 at 07:44 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request