Thread: FYI: When People Are Confused About Types

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FYI: When People Are Confused About Types

and their trying to find out what they are, similar ones in particular, saying one type values an element over the other isnt fucking helpful to people who can read.

meaning if your trying to figure out ENFj or ENFp saying they ENFj's value over doesnt do anything! its clear through the texts that its what they value, alot of confusion comes from misinterpretation, its ALOT more helpful when people post up situations as real life examples to how each type would act to compare and contrast, how the elements would manifest, etc.

well, it is for me anyway.
    hopefully this'll be taken into consideration.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People generally want to be pigeonholed.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and accepting socionics doesnt put you in a box?

it doesnt have to pidgeonhole if you use it how its supposed to
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the time it's better to talk about behavior instead. This reduces the bullshit factor of the discussion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think sometimes it helps more to look at weak functions. The level to which I prefer Si to Ti is much more clear than the level to which I prefer Fi over Fe. I use both Fi and Fe so that's more muddled.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    I think sometimes it helps more to look at weak functions. The level to which I prefer Si to Ti is much more clear than the level to which I prefer Fi over Fe. I use both Fi and Fe so that's more muddled.
    Yes, I agree.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    and their trying to find out what they are, similar ones in particular, saying one type values an element over the other isnt fucking helpful to people who can read.

meaning if your trying to figure out ENFj or ENFp saying they ENFj's value over doesnt do anything! its clear through the texts that its what they value, alot of confusion comes from misinterpretation, its ALOT more helpful when people post up situations as real life examples to how each type would act to compare and contrast, how the elements would manifest, etc.
    exactly.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Most of the time it's better to talk about behavior instead. This reduces the bullshit factor of the discussion.
    Yep!

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, I hate when mistyping causes nausea. Like when some users (who know who they are) accuse people of being a certain type and call them liars when they behave like themselves (contrary to a certain type) then patronize them for their fear of revealing their true, untrue, selves it also makes me want to vomit.

First there was Bird Flu.
    Then there was Swine Flu.
    Now, beware the Type Flu.

If you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
    Nausea
    Headache
    Fever
    Fatigue

You may be a victim of Type Flu. If you believe you have Type Flu, please stay home to prevent the spread of Type Flu into your workplace, school and public. Regular updates on what you can do to combat type flu can be found at www.the16types.info.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to take this to PM since I don't want to clog up the thread too badly with our never-ending story. Give me a second to respond to you.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post

3w4-5w6-9w8

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I know... but function analysis tends to cover more examples than behavioral stuff. It's like form versus instance...

Anyway, I sometimes prefer function stuff to behavioral examples, because I'm afraid that someone will say just because they do or do not fit a certain behavior, they're a certain type, and I don't agree with that. I think that type has much more to do with how than what (and is as such, much less clear cut than it appears), and I think behavioral examples tend to focus the metaphorical eye on "what" rather than how.

Plus, I don't like real life. So I don't like real life examples. (that sounded much more angsty than it was intended.)
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.