Thread: Can we ever be socially fulfilled?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can we ever be socially fulfilled?

Can we ever be socially fulfilled? I feel like everytime I get what I want I have either:

1. built it up so much people fail to meet my expectations
    OR
    2. I get what I want and it's fun for a bit, but I end up wanting more. . .

mostly the 2nd though

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say socially fulfilled, what d'you mean exactly? What are you aiming for?

Some SLE's I've typed fulfill themselves socially through leadership positions where they're responsible for some project or cause. This gives them room to simultaneously focus towards a goal, interact with lots of different people, and take things in new directions.

It also helps to pinpoint where the "wanting more" feeling is coming from. What exactly d'you want, and why is the present situation inadequate? Sometimes the vague sense of always wanting something more hides an underlying problem we're afraid to confront.

I don't think this feeling has to be bad though -- we can use it to direct us and help us get more out of life. Yeah, wanting something and then not being content with it is frustrating, but at least it's not as dull, dehumanizing, and unfulfilling as forcing yourself to tolerate what you already have.

fwiw, I bet most of us who are drawn to socionics feel socially unfulfilled.
    EIE-Ni