Thread: Expansive vs generating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Expansive vs. generating

I've come to think that the true difference between alfa/delta and beta/gamma may be in their goals (doh!) and the ways they are trying to achieve them.

I know that there is such a dichotomy made by Reinin and I cannot remember its name but it almost completely fails for me but I've found out that there is something else differingv/ and /.

/ tend to generate ideas, play with them, they tend not to go out on a global scale, they're focused on smaller areas, smaller groups, they may be travelers. They prefer fixing and making their territory prettier. I've observed this behaviour in a larger group containing ppl from all quadras. The / group preffered to stay where they were and rather visit newcomers than go out to others...

/ like applying ideas rather than playing with them, they're focused on future outcome, they tend to expand their horizons and territory, they may be conquerers. In the mentioned group a breakthrough was started by a few / individuals dissatisfied with the "stalled" situation as they wanted to expand, soon dragging most of the /s along.

Share ideas, please

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reinin's dichotomy is Decisive/Judicious, which is somewhat similar to what you describe, although you lean toward describing Beta and Delta imo.

(http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...functions.html) Alpha tends toward peaceful expansion and Gamma toward ambitious local improvement... so in a way "expansive/generating" seems to be a dichotomy between / and / (though I may simply be misunderstanding you at this point).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be, but surprisingly beta and gamma joined forces there while alfa and delta remained on the same boat.

I even wanted to use the word "passive" instead of "generating" but I thought that it might be taken as offensive. Anyway - the most interesting part for me there was that alfa and delta dwelved in the "interesting" ideas explaining how things work and especially what they observed. Beta and gamma would try to take them to the next level - explaining what they have 'done' with their ideas - how they have applied them succesfully in their lives - gently implying that others should follow their actions. That has led to a breakthrough (obviously started by beta ) but gamma has followed the more "hands-on approach" way. So yes, alfa/delta were somewhat passive or observing comparing to beta/gamma.

Beta/gamma actually both got along on creating
    the natural process of organization and standardization that lays the ground work for collectivization.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koldj View Post
    I've come to think that the true difference between alfa/delta and beta/gamma may be in their goals (doh!) and the ways they are trying to achieve them.

I know that there is such a dichotomy made by Reinin and I cannot remember its name but it almost completely fails for me but I've found out that there is something else differingv/ and /.

/ tend to generate ideas, play with them, they tend not to go out on a global scale, they're focused on smaller areas, smaller groups, they may be travelers. They prefer fixing and making their territory prettier. I've observed this behaviour in a larger group containing ppl from all quadras. The / group preffered to stay where they were and rather visit newcomers than go out to others...

/ like applying ideas rather than playing with them, they're focused on future outcome, they tend to expand their horizons and territory, they may be conquerers. In the mentioned group a breakthrough was started by a few / individuals dissatisfied with the "stalled" situation as they wanted to expand, soon dragging most of the /s along.

Share ideas, please

I think that / are all out for themselves only, but expansion in terms of aquiring more respect, more recognition I am not sure, we have an three ESTp at work who wants to be authority all the time and even when they says something contridictory, they will not appologize, they don't ask for a raise or higher power in the organization though; the expansion of ideas and global efforts I attribute to /
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-24-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html