Thread: Type this guy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this guy

Not all is relevant but I'll try to paint a picture..

He seems snobby and annoying when talking to people on the phone or when trying to get his way.

He is very intelligent, sort of a geek, reads books and such.

Wouldn't say athletic but is into sports.

Likes to dig deep in conversations.

Gives the impression of a serious guy or should I say, he takes himself seriously.

Was in the student body, likes to say "I was in love with my high school". As a friend later commented it's more like, in love with himself.

The sort of a guy who's fallen in love with his own reflection.

It's the kind of guy that takes the lead even appearing overly serious to the point of weirdness.

he's the kind of guy your mother would love.

Doesn't know where he crosses the boundaries with people but cares if someone takes offence.

Most of the time has a straight face, takes periods of relaxing and is content with not doing much, at least for a while.

Likes to playfully joke around when relaxed. When not, is rather annoying.

His music contains Arctic Monkeys, Stained Creed (God!) and he thinks Radiohead and Muse are very similar, which is ridiculous.

He's easily infatuated. Has these "romantic" stories of how he met his girlfriend at this party and fell in love immediately when he saw her and he then formed a relationship with her lasting for more than a year.

As for our interaction, I wasn't very impressed with him at first but I have to admit I couldn't ignore him. Currently has a girlfriend (cannot stay for one minute without one). when we talked on the phone he wasn't very nice but then when he saw me he suddenly flipped. I wanted our work relationship to be more official but he's a subtle geekish playboy who's mastered his techniques on how to get girls. Such as proclaiming he's "a man of relationships" (another one of those "brilliant" lines guys throw at girls, do they really think it works?) but he doesn't stay for too long with the same girl.

He likes to hear my opinions of people, carefully watches how I react to things, is very flirty, plays childish games, tries to find out information about me so he can use it later. He does so in a subtle way but I try to put clear boundaries (he has a girlfriend and I'm not into boosting up a guy's ego) and have our interaction more formal but he's really interested in playing games with me to see if he can get me to like him.

Hope it's not too much information but dissect away!
    Last edited by Cheesy; 01-08-2010 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You like him..a lot..it's just that you don't know that yet.
    ...now you know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine, you're right, I'm in loooooove with a married man! :0
    Please type him!
    Last edited by Cheesy; 01-08-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    Fine, you're right, I'm in loooooove with a married man! :0
    Please type him!
    LSI, SLI, LII?
    actually right now I am trying to type a guy who is very similar to yours...
    I am very confused myself... but these are types I have thought about...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say no to SLI for these reasons:

Likes to dig deep in conversations.

Was in the student body, likes to say "I was in love with my high school". As a friend later commented it's more like, in love with himself.

The sort of a guy who's fallen in love with his own reflection.

It's the kind of guy that takes the lead even appearing overly serious to the point of weirdness.

He's easily infatuated. Has these "romantic" stories of how he met his girlfriend at this party and fell in love immediately when he saw her and he then formed a relationship with her lasting for more than a year.

I wanted our work relationship to be more official but he's a subtle geekish playboy who's mastered his techniques on how to get girls. Such as proclaiming he's "a man of relationships" .

is very flirty.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarinana, you've pretty much read my mind. I would add LSE, LIE and ILI to these.
    You can describe this guy you know, maybe it will help.

Cyrano, I agree with you but I think the impression I gave is rather subjective because I notice very small things in someone's behavior. I think we all fall in love with our own reflection at one point or another.. As for the student body thing, I agree it's not SLI at all and that's why I was completely uninterested at first. I like the misfits, the weirdoes, the quiet ones, the unattainable. hopefully I'll grow out of it a little.

Anyhow, I think LIE and SLI are the most probable. At first I was bored so I thought he was LIE then I started feeling comfortable with him, he seemed to like me very much and I thought it might indicate something. I'll wait and see what happens further.. this emoticon is so useful

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave at once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just what my mother would say..
    It's all just a game. If I wasn't into playing childish games I probably wouldn't be doing this right now. I'm not naive, I know when it all gets too stupid but that's my flaw, I like them somewhat unattainable.. If a guy approaches me or starts to be overly flirty I'll get bored really quickly. I also don't like the manipulative hot shots who think the sun rises from their ass. It's those shy unavailable ones, so cute! why can't I be normal?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarinana, you've pretty much read my mind. I would add LSE, LIE and ILI to these.
    You can describe this guy you know, maybe it will help.

Cyrano, I agree with you but I think the impression I gave is rather subjective because I notice very small things in someone's behavior. I think we all fall in love with our own reflection at one point or another.. As for the student body thing, I agree it's not SLI at all and that's why I was completely uninterested at first. I like the misfits, the weirdoes, the quiet ones, the unattainable. hopefully I'll grow out of it a little.

Anyhow, I think LIE and SLI are the most probable. At first I was bored so I thought he was LIE then I started feeling comfortable with him, he seemed to like me very much and I thought it might indicate something. I'll wait and see what happens further.. this emoticon is so useful
    since i am SEE myself i hoped very much that he would be ILI... but in the end i decided it's impossible. He got me attached to him very fast...with all these 'deep conversations'.
    Is he interested in psychology, philosophy or arts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philosophy done tastefully is hot but I don't know if he's into it. I don't exactly know what he reads but he brings his books with him.. I'm not letting it get to that point because of the girlfriend thing. I'm starting to think Te creative is likely. I think Si is possible because of his cute little stories. He seemed to immediately get what I'm attracted to and played on it. It seems to be working.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a lot of Se to me.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philosophy done tastefully is hot but I don't know if he's into it. I don't exactly know what he reads but he brings his books with him.. I'm not letting it get to that point because of the girlfriend thing. I'm starting to think Te creative is likely. I think Si is possible because of his cute little stories. He seemed to immediately get what I'm attracted to and played on it. It seems to be working.
    are you IEE?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    are you IEE?
    That's a tough one, I change my type every day so to say I actually have a type would be delusional. Currently, yeah I guess I'm IEE but who the hell knows….

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of sounds like an LSE.
    ST's tend to have an immense talent for recognizing body language. Since they can't understand relational distances they often rely on this to pick-up on attraction/repulsion. I would think most of them, for this reason, don't like conversing via the phone....

The thing that reared me towards LSE was the part about being very serious, drawn to engaging others in meaningful conversations and seeking childish playfulness. He doesn't sound particularly healthy, though, it sounds like he uses an egocentric demeanor to compensate for underlying fears
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    ST's tend to have an immense talent for recognizing body language. Since they can't understand relational distances they often rely on this to pick-up on attraction/repulsion. I would think most of them, for this reason, don't like conversing via the phone....

The thing that reared me towards LSE was the part about being very serious, drawn to engaging others in meaningful conversations and seeking childish playfulness. He doesn't sound particularly healthy, though, it sounds like he uses an egocentric demeanor to compensate for underlying fears
    Marie, you're so good at this. You remind me of my EII friend. Honestly though, he's very much like me in having commitment issues. I don't want to give my heart to anyone, not really anyway. I'll flirt, I'll joke around but at the end of the day I'm in control of my emotions.
    Anyhow I'm pretty sure he's SLI-Te subtype and we're duals. I don't want to get into a relationship with him but he's cute and he likes me very much. He keeps insinuating he's having trouble with his girlfriend. She thinks he's emotionally dense. and that he isn't very nice to her. I told him she needs to set him straight. He's not mature at all, he can fall in love in two minutes. I'm exactly the opposite.
    He took me home with his other friend (trying to impress me with a nice car and all that bullshit) and he was obviously trying to show me off to his friend so he can reassure him that I'm cool. He's an SLI-Te stereotype. It's all very nice but I really prefer being on my own, I don't want all the headaches.
    Btw, anyone that says you're not EII is crazy!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why didn't you consider SLE or SEE? I'm not sure I know any SLI-Te's IRL, but the overall description seems more Se than Si dominant.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marie, you're so good at this. You remind me of my EII friend. Honestly though, he's very much like me in having commitment issues. I don't want to give my heart to anyone, not really anyway. I'll flirt, I'll joke around but at the end of the day I'm in control of my emotions.
    Anyhow I'm pretty sure he's SLI-Te subtype and we're duals. I don't want to get into a relationship with him but he's cute and he likes me very much. He keeps insinuating he's having trouble with his girlfriend. She thinks he's emotionally dense. and that he isn't very nice to her. I told him she needs to set him straight. He's not mature at all, he can fall in love in two minutes. I'm exactly the opposite.
    He took me home with his other friend (trying to impress me with a nice car and all that bullshit) and he was obviously trying to show me off to his friend so he can reassure him that I'm cool. He's an SLI-Te stereotype. It's all very nice but I really prefer being on my own, I don't want all the headaches.
    Interesting, I guess I looked past SLI since he sounded more initiative, but perhaps he's just acting this way because he wants you to notice him.
    His weak Fi+Ne is probably causing a clouded perception of your feelings towards him, sort of a limbo between wishful thinking and reality, wanting something but knowing he might not be able to have it.
    Delta ST's are so incredibly vulnerable, despite their solid demeanor, that I don't know if there's anyway to reject their attempts to get closer that won't hurt them. This is an uncomfortable situation for you to be in, I'd imagine...

Btw, anyone that says you're not EII is crazy!
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I am going to give you a BIG fat kiss if I see you.

But my dual is a little bit better than your dual at this In my humble opinion. YOu got to say yes.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I am going to give you a BIG fat kiss if I see you.
    hehe thank you :redface:

But my dual is a little bit better than your dual at this In my humble opinion. YOu got to say yes.
    You know, I think it might just be a matter of how experienced the ST is, like, I'd imagine an older one would have recognized the patterns in human behavior better than a younger one, but it's hard to say...
    It's still always interesting to hear one talk about it. You can sit beside one in a public place and they'll regale you with their insight on random passing people
    EII INFj

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE > LIE
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.